IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

Miracle because its a miracle she's here because of abortion and the FRC agenda. Also which duggar kid will just cut to the chase and just use numbers?

But they will probably spell it in a poorly educated fundy style: Myrakle or Mirakille. If they do name M4 Miracle, they could use Whip as a middle name, since Christ was whipped and also since people like Smuggar tend to have huge persecution complex.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate that I'm defending the Maxwells, but if they don't have a problem naming their daughter a "Catholic" name, why should anyone else? If you like the name (or the woman behind the name), use it.

It depends on the parents. Some people don't like using names from cultures/groups they do not belong to. It's a personal comfort thing, but it does exist.

I like the names Lakshmi, Isha, Haddassah, and Shoshanna...however, I'm not Indian or Jewish, so I feel it would be odd to give my daughter what I feel to be a very Indian or Jewish name. It's just a personal association. I feel that those names are too closely associated with a particular group for me to feel OK using them.

Similarly, some people associate the name "Mary" very closely with Catholicism, and if they are not Catholic, may avoid the name.

But they will probably spell it in a poorly educated fundy style: Myrakle or Mirakille. If they do name M4 Miracle, they could use Whip as a middle name, since Christ was whipped and also since people like Smuggar tend to have huge persecution complex.

Ok, I was going to respond, nah, I don't care what they name the baby, although I do wish ANNA a healthy pregnancy, delivery and daughter. It does annoy me beyond anything when men chime in "we're pregnant". Husband did that once. Only once. Don't worry, he is just as good as new.

But I love Miracle Whip. Don't care how it's spelled. Perfect name.

ETA: Riffle

But I love Miracle Whip. Don't care how it's spelled. Perfect name.

ETA: Riffle

Reminds me a bit of Patty Mayonaisse from the kid's show Doug

Suzette.

I thought that was her first name. Does she go by her middle name?

That changes my impression about their naming style. Now I think Mary/Marie/Miriam for first name and Anna for second. Maybe Marianne with popular middle name.

Margaret, Meredith or Maude/Matilda for next daughter(s) with Michelle, Emma and Sophia as middle names. For unknown reason I think there will be little Sophia Duggar one day.

Yeah. Marianne Sophia. I like it.

I think the Mackenzie in question was Anna's cousin and it never sounded like they had a particularly close relationship. I also think they said they both liked the name or something. I think it was mostly just a coincidence that Anna had a cousin with the name not something intentionally done. Plus I don't believe Marcus or Anthony are family names. Even if they ran out of family M names if they wanted to use family names I think Marcus would have had a middle name that was after one of his great-grandfathers or somebody.

I get a gut feeling she'll be named MacKenna.

High on the list of possibilities.

It depends on the parents. Some people don't like using names from cultures/groups they do not belong to. It's a personal comfort thing, but it does exist.

I like the names Lakshmi, Isha, Haddassah, and Shoshanna...however, I'm not Indian or Jewish, so I feel it would be odd to give my daughter what I feel to be a very Indian or Jewish name. It's just a personal association. I feel that those names are too closely associated with a particular group for me to feel OK using them.

Similarly, some people associate the name "Mary" very closely with Catholicism, and if they are not Catholic, may avoid the name.

A group they don't belong to?!!!! Mary is a prominent person in their own religious text, for God's sake! It's NOT the same, at all. :snooty: If you're uncomfortable with Mary being a character in the bible, you might as well chuck it in the nearest dumpster and pick another religion (that you actually are comfortable with in its entirety). I see no sense being made here.

My "Jinger" is a Meghan..respectively called, Meg, Meggy, Meggers, NutMeg, and the one that has stuck for 19 years, Muffins lol ...

What if they screwed everything up and started with A names? Or S names. Maybe they want each buddy group of 3 to have the same letters.

Has anybody tossed out Mariah? (Or Maryah or... :? ) or Makayla? Although I'd doubt they'd go for two "Mack" sounding names.

Has anybody tossed out Mariah? (Or Maryah or... :? ) or Makayla? Although I'd doubt they'd go for two "Mack" sounding names.

I think one person mentioned it. I'll put my vote in on that too, it "fits" with Mackynzie. I've gotten sucked back in to Sister Wives drama, so Mariah is on my brain anyway.

With that said, may I also suggest Meri? :P

Myddyllynn or something like that.

No matter how stupidly and ridiculously it will be spelled, upon hearing the news the family will gush over how precious it is!

No, I am over how un-creative those 2 are, they just followed a lame tradition of picking a letter to name their quiver of kids. Yawn.

I am bummed they're having another girl. I am hoping for all boys for all the Duggar's kids. Guess this lightens Mackynie's load though if Anna already needs constant help from Josh's sisters with just 3 I guarantee her girls will be put to work.

such as...

post-2315-14451995961143_thumb.pngCapture.JPG[/attachment]

Shudder-- those are hideous. Will she have the fake pigtails too? (Or was that just 1st generation Duggar kids wearing them--- I only seem to remember them on Josie).

What about Melanie (after the "good, submissive" one in gone with the wind)?

I bet they've seen that movie by now!

If it's not Melanie than my money is on Mary or Meredith. and all those names spelled right because they are more worldly and classy now than they were 5 years ago.

Meredith? Yeah, remember when they did the gender reveal for Mackynzie on the Today Show and Josh was talking about naming her Meredith after her? I think he pulled that again when they announced they were pregnant with Michael.......we'll see if they actually go through with that. Come to think of it, when WAS the last time they were on the show with her? Then again, she kinda egged him on too, and later called herself pathetic..... :cray-cray:

Makayla's intended spelling is Michaela. They already have a Michael so I would hope not (but they are Duggars so sense gets thrown out the window).

I expect it to be something uber trendy.. and misspelled.

Well, I'm interested but not so much that it keeps me awake at night. I wish Josh and Anna a healthy baby with a cute name that THEY chose, not a name they felt pressured to give their kid b/c of family.

I'd like Meredith, but it's their choice. Maybe with 2 of each J'ender they decide that 4 is enough.

Well, I'm interested but not so much that it keeps me awake at night. I wish Josh and Anna a healthy baby with a cute name that THEY chose, not a name they felt pressured to give their kid b/c of family.

I'd like Meredith, but it's their choice. Maybe with 2 of each J'ender they decide that 4 is enough.

Except for they will probably butcher it with a dumb spelling like Merydyth. :?

My first name is a short, simple, straightforward name. Over the years there have been lots of trendy spelling variations of my name. I get irritated when I tell someone my name and they ask me how to spell it. Um, the right way.

My youngest child's first name that is not uncommon at all here in the US. The name is actually an old Welsh name though, so we spelled it the right way, the original way and not the bastardized spellings that are "normal" here in the US. Very few people can pronounce his name when they see it. My son has heard me explain this so many times now that now when someone asks him his name he tells them his name and then says that it is not spelled the American way, but the Old Welsh way. He is 6 years old! :lol:

Archived