IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

If I remember correctly, they wanted to name her Mackenzie (*GASP* an actual name!) but they had a relative with that name already. So the obvious course of action was to butcher its spelling.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm expecting something trashy. So far they have given their sons nice sensible traditional names, spelled properly - but for their daughter, they chose Mackenzyie ????? (I expect I got the spelling wrong but I really can't be bothered to check).

So, maybe Meagyane? Merrrydithe? Morrgarnna?

Who can tell?

Morgana le Fey was an enchantress in Arthurian legends. Morgane and Morganna are two of the many variant spellings. I personally think it would be funny if Smuggar and OfSmuggar named their wee babe after a famous witch.

I can definitely see them going for Madysyn, but I can also see Mallorie, Merydyth, Meagyn, or even stealing Jordyn's middle name Makiya. I also wouldn't put it past them to use Makenna even though it's too close to Mackynzie.

I do really like the suggestion of Maria Joshia, though. :D

I hadn't heard that. Who is the family member?

I don't remember if was one of her cousins or one of her parents' cousins. I just remembered they showed her namesake briefly on the show.

Not entirely. I'll probably take a look to see if she's born healthy (hopefully) and find out her name. Then I'll probably forget about it unless it's something really awesome like Marie Annette or Marie Annette.

(And if the baby is named Mary Annette, I think every birthday party for her should begin with someone proclaiming, "Let them eat cake!")

You all need to stop stealing my awesome name idea!! :o :lol: I thought of it first dammit.

It is a pretty awesome name though right? Hopefully that's tonights news, only bc I want to correct :D

Kynzie was named after a family member with the same spelling.

That changes my impression about their naming style. Now I think Mary/Marie/Miriam for first name and Anna for second. Maybe Marianne with popular middle name.

Margaret, Meredith or Maude/Matilda for next daughter(s) with Michelle, Emma and Sophia as middle names. For unknown reason I think there will be little Sophia Duggar one day.

Yeah. Marianne Sophia. I like it.

I don't care, though I proposed some names on another thread: Modesty Michelle or Maria Joshia (cousin to Davia Waller). I'm glad Mackynzie will have a sister, since I think she wants one. OTOH, I feel especially sorry for girls born into that culture.

How big and what color will her first hair bow be?

Does anyone else thinks it's interesting they named the first daughter this? It's almost as if Pecan Thief subconsciously doesn't believe there will be another boy arrow on which to stamp his namesake. Or, perhaps he's liberating his inner diva goddess...

Agree with the trendy and shortened (and possibly misspelled) camp for baby girl M #2.

Marie Antoinette. Let them eat chickenetti.

Wouldn't surprise me given they have a son named Marcus Anthony.

I can see Mariah or Miriam. It's LIKE Mary, but not so Catholic-y (because it's just another form of the same name).

Marian/Marianne as well since the Duggars love those tales of medieval purity.

I'd love to see Magdalene, but I'm sure the (scripturally incorrect) association with Mary Magdalene as the repentant whore will take that one off. The Duggars were never much for scriptural accuracy.

Martha is nice and Biblical, though they don't seem too tied to Biblical names.

Mallory and Melody are nice as well.

I'm voting for Madisyn/Madyson/Madysyn given their history of butchering the spelling of a trendy girl's name nicknamed Maddy/Maddie. No clue on the middle name, could be Anna or one of Josh's sisters' names/middle names. Madison Anna (spelled correctly) is not a bad name. Anyone know Mrs. Keller's middle name?

But I like the Marie Annette idea too and it would not surprise me. They already have Marcus Anthony so what's one more historical figure? (And they probably would not get it).

I know they chose M for Michelle, but Michael is way too close to Michelle and I really hope they don't (but then again look at how close some of the first generation Duggar kids are-- Joseph/Josiah/Josie, Jana/Joy-Anna/Johannah).

Miracle because its a miracle she's here because of abortion and the FRC agenda. Also which duggar kid will just cut to the chase and just use numbers?

Mo'ney and claim it's a classic French name.

I am looking forward to Kenzie's talking heads about having a baby sister though.

I can see Mariah or Miriam. It's LIKE Mary, but not so Catholic-y (because it's just another form of the same name).

Marian/Marianne as well since the Duggars love those tales of medieval purity.

I'd love to see Magdalene, but I'm sure the (scripturally incorrect) association with Mary Magdalene as the repentant whore will take that one off. The Duggars were never much for scriptural accuracy.

Martha is nice and Biblical, though they don't seem too tied to Biblical names.

Mallory and Melody are nice as well.

I would be surprised by Mary. There was a teacher's aide named Mary when I was teaching at crazy Christian school and one day in the staff lunch room one of the particularly nutty teachers asked her if she'd ever considered changing her name. She responded with a logical and slightly confused "why???". The teacher explained that it was a "very Catholic name" and people might think she is Catholic or at least "sympathetic to them". This led to a debate about whether Christians should name daughters "Mary" or any variation of it. The conclusion of the majority was that they should not. I felt really bad for the poor teacher's aide through all of this. And I don't think it is a coincidence that she got another job as soon as she possibly could.

I've known a few very Protestant, anti-Catholic people who have a daughter named Mary. It's definitely true though that others do avoid anything to do with Mary because it might seem Catholic.

They could do some form of Marianna to honor Anna too.

I hate that I'm defending the Maxwells, but if they don't have a problem naming their daughter a "Catholic" name, why should anyone else? If you like the name (or the woman behind the name), use it.

Miracle because its a miracle she's here because of abortion and the FRC agenda. Also which duggar kid will just cut to the chase and just use numbers?

Im surprised that Michelle and Jimbob don't just use numbers when the cameras aren't around. "Hey, #7, stop annoying your brother and do your chores". Sucks to be Jana though, as always, as she is #2

Bigger than her head and the most vivid shade of pink you can imagine.

such as...

post-10046-1445199998764_thumb.jpg

oh and here's one for Anna to wear on their first "getting back to business" date:

post-10046-1445199998764_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999988142_thumb.jpg

Archived