IGNORED

Bringing Up Bates & Other Bates Family Doings

happy atheist

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt if Lawson is allowed to travel alone to Nashville. I'm sure he had a buddy who just wasn't filmed. Remember Jana went along on Joshies "road trip" for a whole week and wasn't shown on film.... :whistle:

Not only was Jana not shown, they claimed there were no "helpers" there

Bc they wanted to show that Josh and Anna can handle their 3 soon-to-be-4 children all on their own :shock:

when you have to film an entire vacation and edit out the help bc you need to show that two parents can handle their three children, there's a problem.

Why would they want to fool the world like that? Showing Jana as a helper around an expectant mother of 3 - I don't think anyone would have bat an eye. Why lie in such petty things?

Why would they want to fool the world like that? Showing Jana as a helper around an expectant mother of 3 - I don't think anyone would have bat an eye. Why lie in such petty things?

Well Anna wasn't pregnant yet at that point.

It is petty to lie about it but I think it's also pathetic to think a married couple with three children need help.

Still, they didn't do a very good of hiding it since the proof is all over instagram.

Ok, but still! They take Jana with them to help out around 3 little ones - whatever. I wouldn't have snarked. Lying about it what makes it shameful to me. I'm not ashamed to admit that I couldn't handle 3 children so small and SO isn't exactly a patriarchal father figure that can keep anyone in line :lol: That, on other thought, is the very reason we're not going to have more kids than we can handle.

And they were stupid enough to post pictures all over their instagram to disprove their own claims! :liar: :roll: The stupid, it burns.

I don't think Jana likes being in front of the camera. My guess is that she and John have some kind of deal with TLC where they will do a bare minimum amount of time on screen and nothing more.

I don't think it would be wrong for Josh and Anna to lie about her being there if it was to honor her wishes. Jana seems borderline anxious in THs lately. Maybe she just wanted a peaceful, fun trip away from her parents without having to keep sweet for a camera crew.

A simple "Jana's here to help out, btw", would have sufficed, without actually showing Jana.

They could have contractual requirements for only a certain number of episodes. Jana hasn't been a minor for 7 years now, so it's very possible she has her own contract. Even showing her on screen for a brief second could mean they have to pay her. Plus, it would be pretty weird to say "Jana's here on the bus with us, but you're not going to see her at all!"

I mean, everyone knows that plot lines on reality tv shows are drawn up by the folks at TLC, not the Duggars themselves. I like to think even the average viewer knows they stretch things to make storylines for the show. They do have a right to keep some things private, even to lie, though of course it is incredibly irritating for them to act like they're open books and are "spreading their faith" when we know it's all lies.

I don't think her being there meant she automatically helped. A lot of theories had her as following their bus, which would mean that she offered as little help as possible.

Jana and Priscilla are friends. It's natural she'd be invited, and that she'd travel with her brother's family. But that hardly means that any amount of work was expected from her or given by her.

Here is the link to the interview. Nothing new is revealed. Erin and Chad aren't there. Whitney looks great!

http://www.wbir.com/media/cinematic/vid ... -up-bates/

*Not breaking link because it's the local news*

Alyssa and John aren't there, either, although that's not surprising since they live in Florida. Not sure why Erin and Chad wouldn't be there.

So wonderful hands on mom did not potty train her kids. Michael did. The kids made that pretty clear in the last episode,

So Joy was probably the one who was holding Callie in the interview.. I think it is weird, why was she there ?

Michael was holding Callie. She introduced herself right after Zach.

Erin sure lucked out with Chad. He came over and did more projects. Even Gil was calling for him. Then he cut everyone's hair.

In Erin and Chad's interview he is sitting on the couch and she's sitting back with Her legs draped over his. They're too cute.

They sang at the Museum of Appalachia. Pretty boring. Tori is super feisty. Sorted through clothes and Kelly was sad to give away maternity clothes.theynall said she' wanted another baby.

Next week they decorate Zach and Whit's nursery. And looks like the birth is happening. And Erin has "surprising" news which I assume is the baby's gender reveal.

Erin sure lucked out with Chad. He came over and did more projects. Even Gil was calling for him. Then he cut everyone's hair.

And Erin has "surprising" news which I assume is the baby's gender reveal.

When I update my EHARMONY account I'm going to say that I'm looking for a guy like Chad, minus the religious part. :lol: Seriously, Is there anything that man can't do? The surprise may be the pregnancy announcement to her family since they haven't shown that yet. Of course it could be the gender reveal since they're definitely far enough along to know by now.

Kelly did go on about wanting another baby but something tells me the girls are happy that there's only one left in diapers rather than the usual three.

Maybe it's just my impression but overall I feel that the kids are more comfortable around their parents than the Duggar kids are around theirs.

Chad is never leaving Tennessee. The Gil and Kelly Sideshow needs him too much

When I update my EHARMONY account I'm going to say that I'm looking for a guy like Chad, minus the religious part. :lol: Seriously, Is there anything that man can't do? The surprise may be the pregnancy announcement to her family since they haven't shown that yet. Of course it could be the gender reveal since they're definitely far enough along to know by now.

Kelly did go on about wanting another baby but something tells me the girls are happy that there's only one left in diapers rather than the usual three.

Maybe it's just my impression but overall I feel that the kids are more comfortable around their parents than the Duggar kids are around theirs.

I get that impression too...they seem to be less "controlled" around their parents, there's more openness and laughter and joking. That one TH where Tori tells her father "you're evil"...I could never imagine one of the J'slaves saying that to JB. Gil and Kelly seem to ENJOY their kids. The Duggars look at the kids as trophys

I think that Lawson loves the camera a little too much. Although I guess when you are trying to promote a singing career, that is necessary.

I hate that lately it's necessary to include a disclaimer for every little neutral to positive thing people say about a fundie, but I'll do it just to be sure :roll:

Disclaimer: I do not hump the Bateseseses legses nor do I think their believes are purple roses and unicorns.

I absolutely second that. I have the same impression. It's just a big relief to know that these kids do not seem to be uncomfortable (at best) or fearful (at worst) at all around their parents. And yes, I think it should be standard that kids feel comfortable around their parents; comfortable enough to make jokes, laugh and enjoy the time together.

Unfortunately we know fundies whose kids' seem to be terrified around their parents all the time and it's a shame we need to even mention it when fundie kids seem to be relaxed around their parents.

+ the Bates girls appear so much more energetic and feeling at ease with their family than the Duggars do and I doubt it's all due to good editing. There's only so much TLC/Up can edit. There's always an essence of authenticity left and if that drop of essence already speaks volumes...well, that says a lot.

Archived