IGNORED

Bristol Palin is living with two guys.

doggie

They deal with it by either justifying it some round-about way or they pretend it isn't happening. (Like when Sarah son got married and his wife had a baby 4 months later. Everyone pretended it never happen and the baby was born 9 months later instead.)

Guest Anonymous

It is for some kind of reality show.

Not that the Palin family care about how things look. Tracks wife Brie had a baby after only two months of marriage. Sara has yet to comment on how her new grandchild survived a birth that was 7 months premature...

very true they will kind of slide over it.

If you are filming a reality show it is ok to live in a house with two guys not related to you. says so right in the bible somewhere.

I am waiting for the pregnancy to happen. then the claim they forced her have sex with both of them at once in all sorts of positions.

Guest Anonymous

I find BP to be one of the most irresponsible parents I've I come across in my lifetime. The fact that her son, when he's older, will be able to read about his totally loveless conception, by a mother who was to drunk to care, is reprehensible. The whole family is a bunch of shameless media whores.

There's no rule in the bible AGAINST living with people who aren't your blood kin or your husband. That's all cultural. This gets a big "SO WHAT" from me. Bristol Palin's a grown woman, and everybody has roommates in their 20s.

There's no rule in the bible AGAINST living with people who aren't your blood kin or your husband. That's all cultural. This gets a big "SO WHAT" from me. Bristol Palin's a grown woman, and everybody has roommates in their 20s.

it is the whole abstinence and sex are evil and we are better then you crap that I am really pointing out. when you go around and preach how abstinence is the only way to go then live with two guys it does not promote your image.

Cohabiting is not evidence of sexual activity. There is nothing abnormal in today's society with two or more unmarried persons of mixed genders cohabiting for financial or personal reasons.

Bristol loves to stand up for her mom and run around preaching to people. so she is fair game.

I don't care if she is living with them I am just saying that her mother Mary image she has been pushing is going to be torn apart. In the circles Sara runs around it she will be found guilty no matter if she does anything or not.

But if there is one thing that has been proved living in Hollywood and doing a reality show will not let her escape unscathed.

Bristol Palin makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year pimping out abstinence only to teenagers, when she herself should understand better than many how unrealistic that 'ideal' can be. She was on Dancing with the Stars. She's filming a reality show. She wrote a memoir in which she almost but not quite accused her son's father of rape. She's absolutely fair game, as are all famewhores.

I'm not excusing her politics or her position. I'm saying that the assumption that a woman who cohabitates with male roommates is automatically sexually active, no matter what her position on the subject is -- well, it's sort of sexist in its own right. To call her a hypocrite when we don't know if she's not pursuing abstinence, just because of her living situation, is the kind of reasoning the fundies use.

I know what you were saying, Jencendiary and I agree with you. I was actually referring to Kishiria's post that we should leave her alone. I don't care who Bristol Palin lives with and I don't assume that she is having sex just because she lives with men. But her mom definitely preached the type of religious beliefs that would frown on that. I think Bristol though is more about doing whatever it takes to keep her name in the spotlight whether that confirms with her mom's beliefs or not, which is fine -- she's an adult. But I think it's fine to relentlessly mock her given her obvious desire to be a public figure, which is what I was addressing.

Interesting. I live in a commune style situation with a constantly shifting group of housemates who are generally male. I am not having sex with any of them (I would probably have noticed) :)

Bristol Palin, although the Palins are dislikeable, isn't following VF or ATI or any of the crazier fundie sects. So would it still be seen as wrong for her to live with men? Would people in fundie lite society assume she was getting it on with them, either singly or together? They think men and women can't live together without having sex?

If so, that's totally weird.

The thing that I was always brought up with was that it was wrong to live with someone of the other sex whether you were sleeping together or not because people would think you were, anyway -- it's under that "appearance of evil" clause. Also, because men are slavering beasts who can't control themselves and premarital sex is the end of the world. But mostly because people would think you're having sex, even if you weren't.

The thing that I was always brought up with was that it was wrong to live with someone of the other sex whether you were sleeping together or not because people would think you were, anyway -- it's under that "appearance of evil" clause. Also, because men are slavering beasts who can't control themselves and premarital sex is the end of the world. But mostly because people would think you're having sex, even if you weren't.

Ohh, I see that would make sense in fundieworld. I'd be very busy though. ;)

"Appearance of evil" is so off and that is a major pet peeve. It does not mean "things other people might regard as wrong according to 1950s standards" but literally when evil shows itself...when evil appears. Bristol Palin living in a house with men, if she does nothing evil then that doesn't come into the picture. Doesn't matter what it looks like to others, anyway the Bible warns against gossip.

Slight rant there...anyway jencendiary I love your nick to quite a ridiculous extent. :)

I think it's time to leave Bristol Palin alone. Everybody knows that Sarah is only Superchristian when the cameras are on her.

As soon as she stops making herself a public figure Bristol I can agree with you. Until then, I think you are wrong.

As soon as she stops making herself a public figure Bristol I can agree with you. Until then, I think you are wrong.

This.

And I don't care if she lives with two male roommates a bit. I will snark on her because I think she is a spoiled little brat who pimps herself out for a cause she doesn't even believe in.

Archived