IGNORED

Botkin Family End-of-Year Letter. 2014 Edition-MERGED

hoipolloi

I'm with thoughtful that T. Rex Arms is an awful name that indicates uselessness. It makes me think of this meme that made the rounds awhile back:

post-8463-14451999776678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The blindness that keeps these people from seeing that they are walking jokes astounds me.

"T.Rex Arms" cracked me up. It's a stupid name in general, but it's especially symbolic of helplessness to me, due to the silly way I remind piano students to sit back. When they get too close, their overly-bent arms actually make playing more difficult, and it reminds me of the teeny front limbs of T. Rex. "Raptor arms" or "T. Rex arms" are actually how we refer to it.

Here is some info on the movie Ben is scoring:

A young slave girl, Anna, is rescued and adopted by Christians in 2nd Century Smyrna and befriended by their aged bishop, Polycarp. As Anna is taught by Polycarp and her new family, she struggles to reconcile her beliefs with those of the Christians. When the Roman proconsul demands that all citizens worship Caesar to show their allegiance to Rome, Polycarp and the Christians must find courage to stand for their faith against the growing threat of persecution. Anna is forced to come to grips with the truth and choose whom she is willing to live-and die-for.

https://www.facebook.com/polycarpmovie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3377548/

[bBvideo 560,340:2r51d9h1]

[/bBvideo]

Who wants to bet that these "2nd Century Smyrnian Christians" are eerily similar to imaginary middle-class American suburbanites from the 1950s that modern-day fundies idolize?

That picture of AS, vintage look and all, seemed like somebody's dream come true -- I realized who, after a few seconds, but I don't think she'd like it:

2CCYQng.jpg

:D

That picture of AS, vintage look and all, seemed like somebody's dream come true -- I realized who, after a few seconds, but I don't think she'd like it:

2CCYQng.jpg

Awesome!

Sooooo, was A-S wearing that hat as part of her regular attire or was she playing dress up with her little sister because that is probably what they do when they are done with their daily shaving activities?

2CCYQng.jpg

Love it!!

:clap:

I bet that is from that September WWII thingie/dress up party/whatever they did.

I bet that is from that September WWII thingie/dress up party/whatever they did.

Correct. There are lots more Botkin-spotting photo ops on the event's public FB page, facebook.com/RememberingWWII

The pre-Xmas merchandising is ramping up on Western Conservatory's FB page - "a must-read for every young lady!":

1476012_796726667065493_8154645934183004583_n.jpg?oh=572665763a4ef2765d2530c5d2d76680&oe=553F2BFF

I still maintain that cover photo is a dead ringer for the controversial talking Barbie doll.

"Math is HARD!!!" :giggle:

I can't be the only one who finds it totally ironic that the Botkinettes do a book on relationships when they themselves seem to have an ever bigger snowball's chance in hell of actually being in one, courtesy of Daddy and worship of same.

So, the picture in the original post.

What is up with these fundie families and their crappily-styled family photos? I have seen several other large group pictures making the rounds and somehow those people manage to organize the photo.

The bench is too long and the babies are spaced too far apart.

What is up with these full body shots of young males? Is there some coming-of-alpha-age thing I don't know about?

Why are those two young men, the brothers I presume, lifted up so far above everyone that we see their entire body and why oh WHY must the two girls be 3/4's hidden behind them?

A pox on these badly done pictures! Let's see some cute ones!

Why are those two young men, the brothers I presume, lifted up so far above everyone that we see their entire body and why oh WHY must the two girls be 3/4's hidden behind them?

Because it's all about the MENZ, that's why!

Married women get a bit more exposure, because they're attached to their headships. But females in their "season of singleness" live, and breathe air, for the sole purpose of serving the Y-chromosomed.

I came to this thread with only a hazy idea of who the Botkins are gleaned from other threads. I must say their picture is strange because for anyone who doesn't know their family by sight the assumption is that there are 6 couples and a few babies. But you tell me that the back row is two brothers and two sisters? How bizarre. It almost makes me think that they are hiding the unmarried status of their grown daughters from the casual viewer.

Because it's all about the MENZ, that's why!

Married women get a bit more exposure, because they're attached to their headships. But females in their "season of singleness" live, and breathe air, for the sole purpose of serving the Y-chromosomed.

You must be right. The two males are certainly attention-getting, posed up in the air like that. And found out later that's an old tractor, not a bench.

Another pic has them under umbrellas. The single sisters are paired off with their single brothers. This picture creeps me out because every other umbrella has an actual romantic couple under an umbrella. Also because its such huge symbolism in fundie culture that women are under the umbrella of protection from their husband.

It's like saying each sister is under the protection of that particular brother. CREEPS ME.

I don't know where to begin they seem to have no other hobbies besides going to church and looking down on others. How on earth could his daughters give lectures on dating them have no experience and more than likely limited exposure to people who have.

So, the picture in the original post.

What is up with these fundie families and their crappily-styled family photos? I have seen several other large group pictures making the rounds and somehow those people manage to organize the photo.

The bench is too long and the babies are spaced too far apart.

What is up with these full body shots of young males? Is there some coming-of-alpha-age thing I don't know about?

A pox on these badly done pictures! Let's see some cute ones!

That isn't a bench. They are on a piece of equipment like a back hoe. That's the shovel.

This whole "Western Conservatory" thing just chafes my chaps no end. It is BEYOND pretentious. What territory lies beyond pretentious, I don't know. Is there even a word? It is as though Geoff B. considers himself entirely responsible for reinventing western civilization, based on the spelling of his first name alone. He is even more enchanted with his own bull sh*t than Doug Wilson.

And by the way, setting dynamite charges for seismic work is not (as my husband would say) rocket surgery. It is a job often done by guys with an 8th grade education and a few remaining teefths. But it sounds very manly, so there's that. Pow! Bam! Kablooey!

Now for T Rex Arms, nothing, absolutely nothing, says 'I Love Jesus' like firearms accessories. At the rate they are going, this could end up supporting the entire family.

So now his mom is a godly matriarch? I thought he was raised by communists?

When it's convenient for Geoff to say so, as part of his message to the masses, he was raised by Godless, heathen Marxists. Not unlike when A-S and E insist that "it's not about staying at home." Even though they are.

I was just looking through the Western Conservatory store and noticed they no longer sell Return of the Daughters or So Much More. Instead they are now shilling It's Not About Staying Home. I wonder how long it took them to pull those off the shelves after the Doug Phillips scandal?

Ah. but some of us still own the evidence. And we shall use it against them whenever the need may arise. Screw you, Geoff Botkin Is A Blowhard. :nenner:

Correct. There are lots more Botkin-spotting photo ops on the event's public FB page, facebook.com/RememberingWWII

The pre-Xmas merchandising is ramping up on Western Conservatory's FB page - "a must-read for every young lady!":

1476012_796726667065493_8154645934183004583_n.jpg?oh=572665763a4ef2765d2530c5d2d76680&oe=553F2BFF

I still maintain that cover photo is a dead ringer for the controversial talking Barbie doll.

"Math is HARD!!!" :giggle:

I glanced at the small print under the title of the book and read "How to fellate 10 guys" instead of "How to relate to guys". Yup, time for reading glasses. :embarrassed:

Archived