IGNORED

I Wish I Could Comment on Robert's Blog

usmcmom

Okay, I COULD, but I won't because he'll find some way to shame me or insult me.

Guys, don't hate me for agreeing with him on something. In his post of thoughts in his head:

(amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/10-thoughts-inside-my-crazy-brain/) I agree with him that many Christians do a lousy job of finding a day of rest. I wouldn't agree that all "unsaved" (his word, not mine) are resting because they're hung over from partying. The general concept, though; honoring the tradition of resting for a day - seems to get lost with church activities and "obligations." My husband and I made some changes in our routine years ago because it seemed that "church stuff" was draining us when it should have been refreshing us.

Also, I was reading through his comments (can't remember which post) and someone mentioned the death of Robert's dog??? I have to send a word of sympathy to Robert for that. I think he really loves his animals and losing a beloved pet is HORRIBLE. We are coming up on two years from the day we said goodbye to our sweet yellow lab. It was one of the worst days of my life. I sobbed so deeply, the vet set her instruments down, walked across the room and embraced me. I think she thought I was going to pass out :?

Robert, I'm sorry for the loss of your pet.

Okay, I COULD, but I won't because he'll find some way to shame me or insult me.

Guys, don't hate me for agreeing with him on something. In his post of thoughts in his head:

(amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/10-thoughts-inside-my-crazy-brain/) I agree with him that many Christians do a lousy job of finding a day of rest. I wouldn't agree that all "unsaved" (his word, not mine) are resting because they're hung over from partying. The general concept, though; honoring the tradition of resting for a day - seems to get lost with church activities and "obligations." My husband and I made some changes in our routine years ago because it seemed that "church stuff" was draining us when it should have been refreshing us.

Also, I was reading through his comments (can't remember which post) and someone mentioned the death of Robert's dog??? I have to send a word of sympathy to Robert for that. I think he really loves his animals and losing a beloved pet is HORRIBLE. We are coming up on two years from the day we said goodbye to our sweet yellow lab. It was one of the worst days of my life. I sobbed so deeply, the vet set her instruments down, walked across the room and embraced me. I think she thought I was going to pass out :?

He won't post my blog comments either but sometimes I send them anyway just so he'll see them. I felt the same way about the dog, and sent him my condolences. I feel that one especially strongly because I lost my dog just a few months ago.

I think there are lots of things that Robert writes that are good sentiments and that I agree with either completely or partially. And some of the things that I don't agree with, I think are blown out of proportion during the snark process, aided by his poor communication skills and allowing his ego to drive what he writes. I don't disagree with those who feel he's got some serious problems, but that doesn't mean that I can't find plenty to agree with him on. The sentiment about a day of rest is a good one and I know just what you mean. I'm not religious but I agree with that one too.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
And just to mess with him... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The new dog is still pretty young. They had an elderly lab, I assume that's the doggy that passed. A friend's dog (GSD/hound mix) turned 17 this year and every time he calls I'm worried that it's because something's happened to her. I'm still not over my childhood doggy dying in 2009 (just plain old age), or my first kitty in 2012 (early onset renal failure), so on this front he's got my sympathies.

He's got some pretty weird ideas about the "secular" world. I don't know too many adults (maybe in age, but certainly no other way) who do much partying. Unless Robert's idea of partying is super duper tame, in which case I "partied" last night: my professor brought donuts and coffee to our math final. :martini:

I had to learn this the hard way: there is absolutely no point in communicating with robert. None, whatsoever. No matter what you say, he will understand the opposite.

Two years tomorrow since my sweet, gentle German Shepard died in my arms. Yeah, it sucks. I'm grateful to my manager for letting me re-schedule my annual review, because I was a hot mess, sobbing the day away.

Still...I can't muster sympathy for this guy. If he can be abusive to humans...

The new dog is still pretty young. They had an elderly lab, I assume that's the doggy that passed. A friend's dog (GSD/hound mix) turned 17 this year and every time he calls I'm worried that it's because something's happened to her. I'm still not over my childhood doggy dying in 2009 (just plain old age), or my first kitty in 2012 (early onset renal failure), so on this front he's got my sympathies.

He's got some pretty weird ideas about the "secular" world. I don't know too many adults (maybe in age, but certainly no other way) who do much partying. Unless Robert's idea of partying is super duper tame, in which case I "partied" last night: my professor brought donuts and coffee to our math final. :martini:

You are a wild unsaved thing- caffeine and sugar and math! Have you no limits???

Big *hugs* to everyone, even Robert. We had to put down our elderly dalmatian a year and a half ago and I still have a good cry on a regular basis. Mr. Squirrel and I got him a month after we moved in together and it just shattered us. I have great sympathy for anyone who loves their pets.

It's hard to lose a pet. A pet is not just a pet, he/she is part of your family.

I still miss all of my late pets, even our old cat that we had to adopt out because my sister developed allergies. We gave the cat to my mom's cousin and while she lived a good long time, I remember how we all cried when mom's cousin called to tell us the cat had died.

My ex-boyfriend's brother had to let his dog move on a few weeks ago. I was sad, because Zeus was a great dog. I dog-sat him for a week and we became pals.

I worry every time my roommate's cat gets sick. And I'm a teeeeeeny bit of a helicopter kitten mom. Just a teeny bit. I'd be worried sick if she got sick, though. I love my little monster.

My ex-boyfriend's brother had to let his dog move on a few weeks ago. I was sad, because Zeus was a great dog. I dog-sat him for a week and we became pals.

I worry every time my roommate's cat gets sick. And I'm a teeeeeeny bit of a helicopter kitten mom. Just a teeny bit. I'd be worried sick if she got sick, though. I love my little monster.

We are down to one pet in our home - my cat. I had to put her "brother" down a few years ago, then my dog two years ago. I really dread standing in that exam room a third time for the same reason - not that there's any indication we will need to soon, but.... I sometimes wish, when the time was right, she'd just pass peacefully in her sleep so I won't have to make that horrible decision again.

Still, I can't imagine our home without pets, so my husband is quite aware when my kitty goes - we will eventually need some new furry babies.

I especially miss my dog at Christmas. She loved to lay by the fireplace. She loved to sleep on the loveseat each night and casually slip off when we came down each morning because she wasn't technically allowed on the furniture. Sometimes she'd stay up there and lie as still as a statue, following me with her eyes. I know she was thinking "Maybe she won't see me up here...." and I pretended that I didn't. She hated going out in the cold in her old age though; so when a blizzard hits, I can comfort myself by saying at least she doesn't have to deal with that anymore.

*sigh* We hit the jackpot with that loyal old dog.

Totally can't tell that from your screen name, no way, not even a hint... :lol: :lol: :wink-kitty:

Guys, I just partied super hard. I stayed up really late reading a FICTION BOOK, ate CHEEZE ITS, and even had some of that satanic SOY NOG. And the whole time, I was snuggling a BLACK CAT. :evil:

Guys, I just partied super hard. I stayed up really late reading a FICTION BOOK, ate CHEEZE ITS, and even had some of that satanic SOY NOG. And the whole time, I was snuggling a BLACK CAT. :evil:

Archived