IGNORED

Bad Advice: Teen Wants to Be SAHM

GeoBQn

Here's a tumblr called The Bad Advisor. The writer takes a letter that was published in an advice column and gives them the bad advice that the LW was clearly seeking, but in a back-handed and sarcastic tone.

Recently, the Bad Advisor responded to a teenaged girl who wants to be a SAHM and has no interest in going to college.

http://thatbadadvice.tumblr.com/post/10 ... ndependent

Going off-topic a bit, but did anyone catch the CNN special last night about the current cost and state of traditional college in the U.S. ? At one point they compared it to the sub-prime mortgage broker who sells you the house you can't afford -- then watches as you crumble under the debt. It was really, really interesting.

That was a great response. However if she has no interest in college then I wouldn't force it. I'd hate to pay for my child to attend a college if they aren't interested in working towards a degree and an MRS degree doesn't count in my opinion. Why in the world doesn't she get a job as a nanny at least for a little while until she figures out what she wants to do with her life. She could probably find a nanny position somewhere warm perhaps live-in?

Do you think Cabinet Boy wrote the one about his menopausal wife and the RV?

thatbadadvice.tumblr.com/post/97842922844/help-menopause-ruined-my-rv-vacation#notes

On second thoughts, no. CM would never allow his wife to get a job.

Hilarious blog!

Archived