IGNORED

TTC

ElphabaGalinda

i think you should make a bastardized abomination and call it tater-tot-chickenetti. forget the pasta and pour the soupy goop over tatertots.

I just spit diet coke all over my keyboard. DO IT!!!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different opinion here- I think you should submit something you really like. A lot of the time for cookbooks like this, nearly all the recipes are accepted, and at my college the ones that could be adapted for the cafeteria often were served.

I have to agree with Wolfie. Why punish the college unless it's a fundy college and you wouldn't be able to go to a fundy college if you are only a stupid girl. :roll: Only men are smart enough for college. :roll:

Keep in mind, that the Duggars have this stated on each of their recipes:

NOTE: ™ = Trademark. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Results may vary. All recipes are valid for non-commercial useotherwise written permission must be obtained from the The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family.

Give me break. Pick up any church cookbook from the Midwest and you will versions for almost all of these recipes. They probably got them from somewhere themselves and made minor substitutions to suit their taste.

I have to agree with Wolfie. Why punish the college unless it's a fundy college and you wouldn't be able to go to a fundy college if you are only a stupid girl. :roll: Only men are smart enough for college. :roll:

I agree too, you certainly have something delicious to contribute to that cookbook, and I dunno, I personnally would not feel good to answer: send us a recipe from your home, by sending a recipe I hate and would never eat on a regular basis...

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef

1 small onion, diced

1 clove garlic, minced

1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix

1 (16 ounce) bag frozen Mexican-style corn

1 (12 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 (12 ounce) bag shredded Mexican cheese blend

1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots

1 (12 fluid ounce) can enchilada sauce

My husband wants me to make this tonight (must be Sunday haha- we never eat healthy then)

I'll Tell you if it is good. We will not have the bean in it though because then my kids won't eat it.

If I like it I will send the rescipe to the Duggars haha j/k

Mexican Tater Tot Cassorole

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

2. Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, taco seasoning mix, frozen Mexican-style corn, and black beans to the ground beef; cook and stir another 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. Combine the ground beef mixture in a large bowl with about 3/4 of the Mexican cheese blend and the tater tots; stir to combine.

4. Pour about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add the tater tot mixture to the baking dish; lightly pat the mixture down into a solid, even layer. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tater tot layer.

5. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining Mexican cheese over the casserole and return to oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes more.

that actually sounds pretty yummy. let us know how it turns out!

I think I would leave out the tater tots. Never have been a big fan and I eat enough junk as it is. Without them, the recipe isn't that bad. I would cut down on the cheese, though, and use green enchilada sauce.

:shock: :oops: That sounds like me when I do drunk cooking. But hey, I get kicked out of the kitchen drunk or sober, so no biggie. :snooty:

I've been on life/parenting boards for long enough that I read TTC as "trying to conceive" which gives the Duggar's recipe just that much more of an ick factor.

I made some my own way last night. It was okay, but I would much rather work on my cooking skills and make something a bit healthier than TTC. I can't believe the Duggars do not get tired of eating food like that, lol. I know I got sick of college cusine and my mind was blown when I ate home-cooked food my boyfriend cooked for me on one of our dates. :)

Same here. Teenager years, I loved fast food and could eat tons of it with no effect. Same for early twenties. From 25 on, I realized I couldn't quite eat EVERYTHING I wanted anymore without noticing an effect in my shape... also some day the health issue arose to me out of nowhere. It helps I always liked to cook. Now, from last year or so, we really make an effort to eat healthy and work out , and you DO feel better.

Crap food ( and I think TTC qualifies) is ok once in a while, for example going to KFC or something like that. BUT I notice I don't even crave it as much anymore. When you think about how you're gonna feel afterwards, you won't.

Did you seriously just suggest adding vegetables to the mixture? That is blasphemy! The closest you can get to veggies in TTC is the tiny chunks of mushroom in the cream of mushroom soup. If you add vegetables, it's no longer TTC and becomes some fancy gourmet stuff. What are you, a hippie?

Did you seriously just suggest adding vegetables to the mixture? That is blasphemy! The closest you can get to veggies in TTC is the tiny chunks of mushroom in the cream of mushroom soup. If you add vegetables, it's no longer TTC and becomes some fancy gourmet stuff. What are you, a hippie?

*LMMFAO*

i was at the store today pricing large bags of tater tots...i lost the paper i wrote the price on but...isn't that expensive to feed such a big family? hardly economical, especially given the artery-clogging nastiness of it..

ok, i confess, my last round of PMS, this sounded good....

Keep in mind, that the Duggars have this stated on each of their recipes:

Quote:

NOTE: ™ = Trademark. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Results may vary. All recipes are valid for non-commercial useotherwise written permission must be obtained from the The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family.

damn, there go my plans for opening a diner and serving ttc and ice cream cake. i was hoping to model it after hooters, but call it tiny tots. that name should bring in lots of fundies i can defraud while taking their money.

now i'll never be debt-free!

Archived