IGNORED

Is Priscilla older than Anna?

luv2laugh

Good Lord, the Mullet/liquor license thing ACTUALLY happened? I thought that was a rumor!

As someone who is literally four weeks older than Jana and JD, it seems ridiculous for a parent to get their knickers in a twist over liquor being around. They're legal adults, and legal to drink. But then again, my heathen parents have offered me wine with dinner since I was thirteen, and cocktails on special occasions since I was eighteen (vodka tonics are a particular summertime fave with me and my mother). My parents know I drink, but I do so responsibly! Getting up in arms over booze makes it more likely that should any of Mullet's babies choose to imbibe, that they don't act so responsible, bringe, drink and drive, not ask for help when they're sick, etc. since alcohol is evil and forbidden.

Hell, my dad thinks the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen. If you're old enough to vote, marry, and die for your country, you should be able to relax with a brewski.

Oy vey.

Jana, come live with me in my dorm at college! I'll take you to a gender studies class, introduce you to modern dance and post-colonial lit, and make you some bitchin' Jamaican lemonades! We'll have so much fun, and I'll even let you wear pants and REAL SHOES!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Lord, the Mullet/liquor license thing ACTUALLY happened? I thought that was a rumor!

As someone who is literally four weeks older than Jana and JD, it seems ridiculous for a parent to get their knickers in a twist over liquor being around. They're legal adults, and legal to drink. But then again, my heathen parents have offered me wine with dinner since I was thirteen, and cocktails on special occasions since I was eighteen (vodka tonics are a particular summertime fave with me and my mother). My parents know I drink, but I do so responsibly! Getting up in arms over booze makes it more likely that should any of Mullet's babies choose to imbibe, that they don't act so responsible, bringe, drink and drive, not ask for help when they're sick, etc. since alcohol is evil and forbidden.

Hell, my dad thinks the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen. If you're old enough to vote, marry, and die for your country, you should be able to relax with a brewski.

Oy vey.

Jana, come live with me in my dorm at college! I'll take you to a gender studies class, introduce you to modern dance and post-colonial lit, and make you some bitchin' Jamaican lemonades! We'll have so much fun, and I'll even let you wear pants and REAL SHOES!

The liquor license incident did happen. Here is an article about it

http://www.4029tv.com/news/22001106/detail.html

Some Duggar defenders also chimed on DWOP

duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2009/12/if-you-really-have-to-hash-out-duggars.html

I thought below comment from a Duggar defender was a bit stupid.

preemie mom said...

I know it sounds like I'm a die hard Duggar fan but honestly I am not. I like the Duggars. I admire them for many reasons but I disagree with them on many fronts as well. (I think Bill Gothard is nuts). I was raised conservative but am pretty liberal in my political opinions. I would also go to bat for someone who believed something different from me if their freedoms were being questioned.

All that to say.....I don't think Michelle was out of line to protest this mini mart selling liquor. It may be a zoning thing. It's not like Michelle is out protesting the sale of Cosmo magazines or even cigarettes. She is protesting the sale of alcohol in her area. (I noticed people saying she should be back home but she WAS back home. This was in or near Springdale where they live).

Now, I may have some issue with her if she was out on some crusade but this was one isolated incident. Perhaps, she is dealing with so much crap right now, that she needs some distraction. Perhaps this issue has been ongoing and something her and JB have been working on for several months. IDK, but she has a right to protest the alcohol sale. just my 2cents.

So it's ok to be "anti-business" when it comes to liquor sales but also ok to be "pro-business" when it comes to putting a used car dealership in an old Tico Taco?

Archived