IGNORED

Pecan and Pris are having a....

xReems

Adam and Valerie's daughter is Abigail so I doubt they'll use it. And I think PecanThief has sisters named Rachel (or some variation) and Lydia so I don't see them using those either.

I'm going to put a buck on her middle name being Grace. It's pretty much a filler middle name for the conservative Christian set since it manages to be both the pinnacle of epistemologically correct names without being too exotic or weird. I think the names of most (approved) female Bible characters have pretty much been used up by immediate family. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Sarah, Ruth, and maybe Miriam (she's a bit borderline). All the others are either not good roll models -Jael, Rahab, Tamar, Eve- or outright bad-Delilah, Jezebel, Salome. And then there's Mary but lots of fundies tend to run a million miles from anything that might be considered Catholic,

Otherwise, they could use a virtue name or something that otherwise fits their agenda-like Evangeline or Christina.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam and Valerie's daughter is Abigail so I doubt they'll use it. And I think PecanThief has sisters named Rachel (or some variation) and Lydia so I don't see them using those either.

I'm going to put a buck on her middle name being Grace. It's pretty much a filler middle name for the conservative Christian set since it manages to be both the pinnacle of epistemologically correct names without being too exotic or weird. I think the names of most (approved) female Bible characters have pretty much been used up by immediate family. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Sarah, Ruth, and maybe Miriam (she's a bit borderline). All the others are either not good roll models -Jael, Rahab, Tamar, Eve- or outright bad-Delilah, Jezebel, Salome. And then there's Mary but lots of fundies tend to run a million miles from anything that might be considered Catholic,

Otherwise, they could use a virtue name or something that otherwise fits their agenda-like Evangeline or Christina.

I think it's quite a popular mainstream middle name at the moment, too. I know of at least two couples who aren't conservative Christians (or if they are, they hide it well :P) who had daughters in the past couple of years and gave them the middle name Grace.

Wow. So painful to watch. I couldn't get through the whole thing, the way she holds her hands, straining to get the words right. Ugh. You know she's stressing and I'm sure his "encouragement" only goes so far.

And Prism sweetie, it's sex, not gender. You'll be announcing the sex of your baby. It's not a sin to say it. I'd say the gender is yet to be determined, but we all know where that will go.....

Wow. So painful to watch. I couldn't get through the whole thing, the way she holds her hands, straining to get the words right. Ugh. You know she's stressing and I'm sure his "encouragement" only goes so far.

Agree it is painful to watch!!

i gotta say, i feel really sorry for pris. i can't watch any videos with her because my heart sinks every time i tried. i can almost sometimes see a brief glimpse of the real pris, the pris who hasn't been brainwashed and forced into submission. if she hadn't walked the fundie path, she would be such a bright and vibrant lady. the way fundamental religion beats you down becomes really evident with some people, and i think pris is one of them.

Agree!!

so, to keep the brand going, they are selling the gender reveal. OK

And comparing labor to christ on the cross was interesting.

I looked for the video of Jane Curtin doing the Angora Bouquet ad on SNL, but all I found was the transcript. I get the feeling of this ad when I see Priss. http://snltranscripts.jt.org/77/77cangora.phtml

Considering the bible explicitly says labor is supposed to be super painful because Eve ate a planted apple and therefore billions and billions of women from then on need to be punished, whereas crucifixion was supposed to be super painful to stop billions and billions of people going to hell... Religion is so stupid.

This is what fundies want to raise their daughters to be? This poor woman was intentionally turned into a mindless dolt. Slow is a nice way to say it . No mind of her own so every word is a struggle. I just find it unfathomable that this existence is one people choose, for themselves but worse, for their offspring. I'm sure Priscilla's parents are chest thumping proud of their robotic daughter and that makes me ill.

Considering the bible explicitly says labor is supposed to be super painful because Eve ate a planted apple and therefore billions and billions of women from then on need to be punished, whereas crucifixion was supposed to be super painful to stop billions and billions of people going to hell... Religion is so stupid.

That first bit is one of the parts of the Bible most often taken out of context. Everyone seems to forget that God told Adam that the ground was cursed because of him and that men would basically break their backs farming and toiling for the rest of their days - it wasn't like he specifically cursed women but said to men 'lol you're good' (similar to how in the New Testament everyone seems to quote the bit about women obeying their husbands while conveniently forgetting the sentence immediately following about husbands sacrificing their lives for their wives). As for what you said about the crucifixion, I'm sure there are some people out there who believe that, but it's not really the prevailing view. Religion may be stupid, but at least criticize it for the right reasons.

i don't know what they're going to call this new baby, but i feel like it could be something like ruth, sarah or rachel. or even mary.

and last night when i was laying in bed it crossed my mind that paul's nickname could be paulstachio, keeping in with the nut theme.

Ohhhhhhh, this poor girl. All she's capable of doing is repeating the script she's been given. I am shaking my head at the fact that members of her cult think that her ramblings are worthwhile and valuable enough to post online for the "edification" of others.

Has anybody been able to scare up any video of Priscilla sounding like a normal human being, and not a zombie shot full of valium?

I finally looked at the full video. Ouch. Anyone else think that poor Priscilla is absolutely dreading labor?

Yes, Priscilla slipped. It's a girl! If we are opening a book on the names, then my vote is for something atrociously misspelled and/or made-up:

Prystynah Faythe Waller.

Boy: Perez

Peter

Philemon

Philip

Phineas

Girl:Phoebe

Persia

Phoenicia

Patience

Peace

Yeah...there's not many P names from the Bible.

If they go outside of Biblical names though...

Boy:

Percy

Palmer

Porter

Parker

Preston

Patrick

Paxton

Pierce

Piers

Pippin

Prince

Girl:

Paige

Paisley

Presley

Pansy

Pamela

Paris

Patrice/Patricia

Pearl

Penny

Penelope

Peony

Persephone

Phyllis

Pippa

Portia

Polly/Pollyanna

Primrose

Prunella/Prudence

Unisex: Payton/Peyton

If they go outside of P names, I see the common ones. Adam, Simon, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, Noah, Isaiah (maybe), Elijah (maybe), Aaron, Caleb, Daniel, Isaac, Joseph, Zachary, Joel, Gabriel, Jacob. Eve, Mary, Abigail, Rebekah/Rebecca, Hannah, Leah, Rachel, Sarah, Ruth, Naomi, Elizabeth for girl

I finally looked at the full video. Ouch. Anyone else think that poor Priscilla is absolutely dreading labor?

This makes me think it must have been hard on her last time. Does anyone remember / know if they have a midwife or is she 'on her own" with David watching the son in the living room, or do they (gasp) go to a birthing center?

This makes me think it must have been hard on her last time. Does anyone remember / know if they have a midwife or is she 'on her own" with David watching the son in the living room, or do they (gasp) go to a birthing center?

All I remember is that Paul was a big baby and she had a bit of a rough time. It was a home birth.

ProofOfMaritalRelations Waller

:lol:

Very good. However, that should have been the name of the first child. This one needs to be:

ProofWeDidItAtLeastTwice Waller

All I remember is that Paul was a big baby and she had a bit of a rough time. It was a home birth.

David didn't give many details except to say the labor was long and hard. It was a home birth and the senior Wallers were there but not Pa and Ma Keller.

"God has graciously blessed us with a son–Paul William Waller. He arrived today, March 16 at 3:42 a.m. He is the cutest little baby, but a big one weighing 9 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long. God’s mercy was with us all of the way as the labor was longer and harder than we anticipated."

David didn't give many details except to say the labor was long and hard. It was a home birth and the senior Wallers were there but not Pa and Ma Keller.

"God has graciously blessed us with a son–Paul William Waller. He arrived today, March 16 at 3:42 a.m. He is the cutest little baby, but a big one weighing 9 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long. God’s mercy was with us all of the way as the labor was longer and harder than we anticipated."

Surely if God was showing mercy the labour would have been shorter and easier?

Archived