IGNORED

Teri Maxwell was a Pepsi Junkie

kpmom

Someone here posted a link to the Maxwell's early Titus2 site via The Wayback Machine awhile ago.

I was looking at it today and had to laugh at their comment under this picture in light of what we know now about Teri's making an idol of Pepsi. Apparently back in those days Teri would control pain with aspirin and Pepsi.

Here's the link

web.archive.org/web/20000815220838/http://titus2.com/m-photo5.htm

Also, funny to see how tiny the reversal kids were.

LOL. Mary Looks cute holding on to Teri's dress. Take a Pepsi and 2 aspirin and call me in the morning...I bet bet Teri misses those days! The boys even wore khaki's then.

I look at these and feel so sorry for the kids. Steve and Teri were actually fairly normal for a while. Did you see the picture of Anna drinking that big assed fountain soda with that huge cheesy grin on her face? Now it's just tortillas and salad for dinner on Wednesdays, and burritos on Sunday. :(

They seem so... comparatively normal in those pics. Conservative and a little dorky, sure, but not particularly strange. It's sad the direction Steve has led them in, all because of his own problems.

I don't think this is normal when these are the very same people who left their sons outside in the van, went into taco bell and made sure to sit and eat right where the boys could see them. Nope, I fail to see anything sweet about a younger Steve and Teri Maxwell. Still the same azzhats, only with less frown lines.

I don't think this is normal when these are the very same people who left their sons outside in the van, went into taco bell and made sure to sit and eat right where the boys could see them. Nope, I fail to see anything sweet about a younger Steve and Teri Maxwell. Still the same azzhats, only with less frown lines.

Isn't that enough to get social services involved? Very sad.

Kinda this, yeah. The kids are cute and I suppose there's the pop in the one picture, but still they're already packaging the family books, so the main break with society has already happened, hasn't it? Steve is already doing the dual Bible time daily thing, as far as I can remember from the timeline at that point.

Mary is the one who intrigues me, I guess - she's two in this picture. She really has known no other life, at all.

I don't see them back then as any more normal than they are now. Maybe they hadn't reached the bottom of the rabbit hole yet, but they were more than half way there. Frumpers, pimping their wares, etc. They've been abnormal for as long as they've been using the Internet to sell themselves.

If you look at pictures from that wayback machine post, you can find photos from an earlier trip to Colorado. There are some of them whole family on horses (the girls have their LEGS around an animal??? What if the horse is a male?? Did they defraud those poor boy horsies??)

Anyway, on the last picture in that series, there is a shot saying "The road home-Not quite the "Yellow Brick road", but it'll work" Um-- they know what the yellow brick road is?? Isn't The Wizard of Oz pretty worldly?? There is magic (shoes, wizard), witches (Glinda and the bad witches), Dorothy doesn't listen to her family and tries to steal back her dog, etc. I am SHOCKED that the Maxwells allow such talk to be on their website!!!

Do you remember how old the kids were when that happend? I thought they were a little older then in those pictures. Not that I'm saying they were normal then but they seem less weird. Maybe the cute kids hide the weirdness.

Well, shoot, no wonder she was "addicted" to pepsi - esp if she was taking it with asprin. I do the same thing when I have a bad headache - cup of coffee (for the caffeine) and a couple iburprofin. Well, I should say - I used to do that. Turns out caffeine gives me really bad chest pain, and usually I don't want to exchange one pain for another. But anyway, if she was medicating her pain using caffeine....it's pretty crappy (in my opinion) to take that away from her :(

Guest Anonymous

Do you remember how old the kids were when that happend? I thought they were a little older then in those pictures. Not that I'm saying they were normal then but they seem less weird. Maybe the cute kids hide the weirdness.

Yeah, Anna Maxwell was involved and she was old enough to get into a row about the respective merits of cats and dogs and tattle to her parents about it. I'd guess 7-8 is about the age proper debating and tattling goes on between sibs, below that tattling is usually of the simpler "Mom, he hit me" variety.

I guess the weirdness was progressive...

• 2 weeks later...

Maxwell's Friday not-a-vacation pictures are up.

Can you spot the Pepsi?

I guess ol' Stevie isn't the only idol still standing after all.

*Edited because I forgot an entire word.

We *do* find out that the tribe split up for other activities, to some extent .... just, not for chipmunk-feeding.

ETA: I have such a taste for a Pepsi, right now!!!!

dear god, so glad their not-a-vacation is finally over. Even their not-vacations are boring!

No kidding. I thought it was just me since, as I've said, I know my opinion of them skews everything. But, dear god, I've never seen such a boring series of pictures of a vacation (even one that's not a vacation). A friend of mine travels probably 75% of the time for work, which most definitely is not a vacation. He's an environmental engineer and he travels the world to work on/with/for buildings, and his pictures of his travels are fabulous - local joints, architecture, natural beauty, interesting scenes from here and there. The dude's work travels are more full of life than the Maxwell vacation-that-was-not-a-vacation!

Try to imagine a foster kid landing there! Think of the experience for both sides! Of course I'd never do that to the poor kid, but it would be fascinating!

I'm not quite sure what the story is with this broad and her pepsi but I get the feeling she is not supposed to have it since she might enjoy it. Hubby's idea too I'm sure.

Call me a heathen or what you will but let me just say, no man, repeat no man, will ever take me away from my pepsi. lol. It will have to be pried from my cold, dead hand first. What. The. Hell?

Archived