IGNORED

Twice Adopted

FJismyheadship

twiceadoptedministries.com/meet-the-kids

Two white people adopted eight kids from Peru, Guatamala, etc... except for one who was adopted from the US.

The kids sing songs about God, and most of them became "twice adopted" in 2002 and 2003. I wonder if there was some heavy handed pushing for them to become saved around that time.

The mother just died, I'm sorry for the kids to lose their mother.

I really dislike people using adopted to mean accepting Christ. It's not the same thing, and I find it disrespectful to people who have gone through a lot of rough stuff prior to adoption (or post-adoption) for others to be all "oh, we're ALL adopted." No. We're not.

I really dislike people using adopted to mean accepting Christ. It's not the same thing, and I find it disrespectful to people who have gone through a lot of rough stuff prior to adoption (or post-adoption) for others to be all "oh, we're ALL adopted." No. We're not.

As both an adoptee and a Christian I agree with you. Even if you had a "successful" adoption, it's still an incredibly emotional--and often painful--process. Becoming a Christian is like being restored to your first/natural family. Being adopted is losing your first/natural family. It's not the same thing.

I had never heard that term 'adopted' in reference to receiving Christ as your personal savior - being saved. It seems odd to me to think Christ adopts you?

That is sad and unnerving how the mother passed from a short illness of bacterial infection. I wonder if they did not seek medical care due to their beliefs?

I saw that Callie delights at being a stay at home daughter. Oh boy. At there isn't an army of littles for her to take care of.

I posted about them before in the Duggar board. They sang at Jill's wedding. They're very fundy. Very sad the mother had a sudden heart attack.

The "adopted by God" into the Christian family terminology is a routine part of the vocabulary of the fundie adoption movement; it's part of justifying their adoptions by redefining the family as the family of Christians--it doesn't matter where you came from or how you got here, just that you are now here and part of the family with the same Father we all have, and if you got adopted you're just like the rest of us, nothing else to consider. Correlaries (sorry about the spelling) are that Moses was adopted (although Biblical adoption is nothing like modern Western adoption, and no one ever pretended that Moses was the actual son of Pharoah and not a Hebrew), and that Jesus was adopted (because he was raised as the son of Joseph when he was actually the son of God--conveniently glossing over the fact that he spent his whole life with the mother who bore him).

I was raised by my biological parents till adulthood. I am also a Christian but I don't consider myself adopted by God cuz he was my spiritual parent even before I was born. So I have two sets of parents, biological and spiritual and its been this way since I was concieved. So no I'm not adopted at all. SMH at these people.

• 3 weeks later...
I was raised by my biological parents till adulthood. I am also a Christian but I don't consider myself adopted by God cuz he was my spiritual parent even before I was born. So I have two sets of parents, biological and spiritual and its been this way since I was concieved. So no I'm not adopted at all. SMH at these people.

A Christian CHOOSES to be adopted by God, it is VOLUNTARY. Kids (for the most part) have no say in being adopted, let alone in who adopts them.

I had never heard that term 'adopted' in reference to receiving Christ as your personal savior - being saved. It seems odd to me to think Christ adopts you?

The verse I hear quoted to show that we are all 'adopted' by God is this one from the King James Bible:

Romans 8:15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

Adopted from Missouri, yet Kimi blends in so well with the rest of the children, only her natural curly hair gives her away. Kimi is quite athletic; she can perform a one-handed cartwheel with ease. Kimi was saved in 2002. The children love telling people, “She’s extra special, because she is the only one who came to our family by van!â€

So much of that doesn't sit well with me.

I might be reading too much into it, but it looks so much like they're making the kids identities all about being adopted. Al Roker used to get pissed when people always talked about his kids and his adopted kid because he didn't like how her identity was being made into "that adopted kids," but those kids in that family only get to be the adopted kids, and then shoved on stage like they're unusual because of being adopted.

I think I may have seen at least some of these kids before. We went to Branson a few years ago (to see the Roy Rogers Museum before it closed down), and while we were enjoying the motel's free continental breakfast, a group of youngsters came into the breakfast room and started singing. Not sure if they were collecting donations or not, but the "Twice Adopted" thing rings a bell.

Archived