IGNORED

Roe v. Wade shirt/TLC Blurs shirt

TheJewAmongUs

This does not surprise me at all! I think TLC is scared to let the truth out about the Duggars' extremism. Several times I have posted info regarding Josh & the FRC (most recently about Tony Perkins on Fox News) on the 19 Kids facebook page and it IMMEDIATELY gets deleted.

I agree completely. The Duggars are turning into a nightmare for this network. If I am not mistaken, didn't the show start out as an attempt to show the trials and tribulations of raising a large family? It went off the rails at some point to become a platform for their views. In addition, many of their children are adults now and a lot of viewers are uncomfortable with the way those adults are treated.....still need someone to accompany them to the grocery store? Really? An adult? In all honesty, I bet TLC is trying to figure out how to dump this show but it still brings in good ratings for them. (though they loose anywhere from 250,000 to 500,000 viewers each week) I believe the love affair is over between TLC and the Duggars but by now Jim Bob is a celebrity and thinks he can do whatever he wants without consequence. 19 Kids and Counting would fit in better with a religious network such as UP but I doubt JB is willing to give up the TLC gravy train.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree completely. The Duggars are turning into a nightmare for this network. If I am not mistaken, didn't the show start out as an attempt to show the trials and tribulations of raising a large family? It went off the rails at some point to become a platform for their views. In addition, many of their children are adults now and a lot of viewers are uncomfortable with the way those adults are treated.....still need someone to accompany them to the grocery store? Really? An adult? In all honesty, I bet TLC is trying to figure out how to dump this show but it still brings in good ratings for them. (though they loose anywhere from 250,000 to 500,000 viewers each week) I believe the love affair is over between TLC and the Duggars but by now Jim Bob is a celebrity and thinks he can do whatever he wants without consequence. 19 Kids and Counting would fit in better with a religious network such as UP but I doubt JB is willing to give up the TLC gravy train.

I agree with you on a couple points. 19 Kids is a cash cow for TLC and JB & Michelle know this. They've said on numerous occasions they consider the show their "ministry" and have no qualms about expressing their beliefs. I think TLC has come to a point, though, that they realize how polarizing the Duggars' beliefs are and it's a delicate balance between cashing in on them and not losing viewers BECAUSE of them. (Does that make sense?)

I agree with you on a couple points. 19 Kids is a cash cow for TLC and JB & Michelle know this. They've said on numerous occasions they consider the show their "ministry" and have no qualms about expressing their beliefs. I think TLC has come to a point, though, that they realize how polarizing the Duggars' beliefs are and it's a delicate balance between cashing in on them and not losing viewers BECAUSE of them. (Does that make sense?)

It does make sense. They need to work out if they would have more money with them, or more money without them.

I don't know if UP would take them. While a religious network might be willing to take someone like the Robertsons I don't think that they'd take the Duggars. The big difference is the Robertsons beliefs are pretty typical of Evangelicals. The Duggars don't share those similar beliefs and the more reporting on their fringe beliefs the more that Evangelicals will be turned off. They won't want to be associated with folks who keep spinster daughters, don't let their kids get an education, etc.

Archived