IGNORED

Obedient to my Husband blog has already BLOWN MY MIND

Hisey

I scrolled down to "Silence in the Church", and she LOVES the verses that claim a woman should not speak but be silent, and learn everything from her husband. Apparently the idea that women can think is just popular opinion :shock: I'm not sure why this should surprise me given everything else there, but I have no idea what would make a person hate themself that much.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does she assume that non-submissive wives are mean to their husbands??? There are plenty of times I've told my husband 'you handled x situation the best you could' or similar - I don't question his every action. We both assume that the other is doing his/her best and that sometimes we'll both make mistakes. If I were in the mattress situation, I'd drag it out there myself if I could, or if it was a situation where he forgot to put it out or something, I'd be kind about it - no big deal. I forget stuff too.

Does she think that all conversations between non-Christian spouses are screaming matches and ugliness? Being an equal partner in a marriage means being equal. It doesn't mean that either of us in on a power trip.

I left a comment on her post "When is it the right time to divorce?" asking:

"What if one spouse is abusive? Towards the other spouse AND the kids?"

(Unfortunately, someone in my family has been in this situation).

She shot me back this gem:

I wonder what she would say if someone answered, "Yes, this is exactly what we told my sister. Her husband wound up killing her, but at least we know she didn't die with the sin of departing from her husband on her soul." I mean, I honestly wonder. People who think this way are revolting. Either they don't understand what abuse actually is, or they think women deserve it.

I wonder what she would say if someone answered, "Yes, this is exactly what we told my sister. Her husband wound up killing her, but at least we know she didn't die with the sin of departing from her husband on her soul." I mean, I honestly wonder. People who think this way are revolting. Either they don't understand what abuse actually is, or they think women deserve it.

It's probably both. In my family's case, it was completely horrendous and any reconciliation whatsoever would have been deemed stupid. In fact, said family member was given a restraining order by the judge and the husband put in jail for a time.

This woman obviously has never experienced abuse, even witnessed it in any form, and probably thinks women did something wrong to drive the guy to it.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh, her husband is such a deep thinker. What is the Kingdom of God like:

It has a ruler. It is King Jesus.

It has subjects. They are his obedient followers.

It has laws. They are listed in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5) as well as sprinkled throughout the New Testament.

It has no physical boundaries. The Kingdom of God is within us.

It is currently at war with the Kingdom of Satan.

... not like any description of the Kingdom of God I've ever heard...

What kind of asshole neighbors would care if you put the mattress out on the wrong day? My neighbors throw out all kinds of random shit and no one ever says anything about it.

What kind of asshole neighbors would care if you put the mattress out on the wrong day? My neighbors throw out all kinds of random shit and no one ever says anything about it.

Mine but I live in a stupid HOA. :doh: Never again. Never.

Gawd, I hate these submissives. If my husband is about to drive us over a cliff, do I just let him do it so as not to be contradicting his superior sense of direction?

Something she wrote on Facebook as a reply to someone's comment that submissive women must be careful not to be taken advantage of:

If I occupy my mind with whether I am taken advantage of, whether I am being respected, etc. it is much harder to be a sweet cheerful submissive wife.

As a former DV victim, this makes me a sad, sad panda.

Something she wrote on Facebook as a reply to someone's comment that submissive women must be careful not to be taken advantage of:

If I occupy my mind with whether I am taken advantage of, whether I am being respected, etc. it is much harder to be a sweet cheerful submissive wife.

As a former DV victim, this makes me a sad, sad panda.

What is the link to her facebook site? Thanks.

What is the link to her facebook site? Thanks.

facebook.com/people/Joanna-Graybill/100000935921192

What is it with fundies and 100% public Facebook profiles? They are paranoid about teh gubbmint being out to get them, yet they share every detail of their private lives on Facebook and blogs for the world to see. Go figure.

And whoever chooses to go to the Facebook page, prepare a bucket, because it's worse than the blog, since she is arguing with what seems like Fundie Lites who are challenging her views.

Guest Anonymous
facebook.com/people/Joanna-Graybill/100000935921192

What is it with fundies and 100% public Facebook profiles? They are paranoid about teh gubbmint being out to get them, yet they share every detail of their private lives on Facebook and blogs for the world to see. Go figure.

And whoever chooses to go to the Facebook page, prepare a bucket, because it's worse than the blog, since she is arguing with what seems like Fundie Lites who are challenging her views.

Wow. She is a heinous, judgemental bitch the likes of which I have not seen since hateful Emma. She is lambasting women who have divorced and remarried as if she's getting paid for it over on her facebook. She says that God will not forgive you (divorce + remarriage = adultery) unless you get a divorce from your current spouse.

She's also interpreting the Bible RIGHT, and if you disagree with her interpretation, it's straight to hell with you because you clearly aren't a Christian in the first place!

This lady from the comments on facebook wants to divorce her husband because his first wife is alive. They have two kids together! I don't even know how to process this level of whack-a-doodle-ness. I grew up pretty darn fundie but I've never heard of this belief before. I didn't think the fundies could still surprise me, but I guess this one can.

I was married over 17 years to a man I loved. We had 2 children together. Then in May of 2008 the Lord showed me upon reading Romans 7:2-3 that we were living in adultery because his first wife was still alive. As hard as the revelation was, I knew that it would not be showing love for the Lord or for anyone else if I continued to live in adultery and lead others astray on the path to hell since the scriptures make it clear that NO adulterers will inherit the kingdom of God. The Lord never said it would be easy to follow Him, infact we are called to suffer, take up our cross, die to self, forsake family if need be to follow Him. Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way,which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Blessings in Christ,

ETA: This is full of WTF, too. She goes after someone because she doesn't think her profile picture is modest enough and she doesn't cover her head. Men are looking at her and lusting! And it's her fault!

your profile pictures,

1, the Bible teaches women to cover their heads,

2, for myself, I am not willing to take the risk of being a partaker of a man's lust because I reveal my body, If he looks on you with lust because you do not cover up, he commits adultery WITH YOU, you are also guilty. If he lusts when you have done your part to cover up, you are free.

your profile pictures,

1, the Bible teaches women to cover their heads,

2, for myself, I am not willing to take the risk of being a partaker of a man's lust because I reveal my body, If he looks on you with lust because you do not cover up, he commits adultery WITH YOU, you are also guilty. If he lusts when you have done your part to cover up, you are free.

The bitch shouldn't flatter herself.

WTF is wrong with her? All these stories are so crazy that I don't know if I can handle actually going to her blog so I will just comment on the mattress thing. Take the goddamn thing to the curb yourself or find the date of the pick-up to prove it's that date, don't just sit around waiting for your mattress to go moldy. At least Terri Maxwell prays for Steve to remember to order the pizza, this woman won't even do that. Grr...

I think what's wrong with her is that she wants to feel special somehow and more worthy than others. It's not enough for her to have her faith -- she has to do it better and more correctly than others. She comes off as a person who not only needs to be virtuous in her own mind but also needs to be more virtuous than almost all others. It's a typical issue of the fundies we follow, but she takes it to a whole new playing field. If she is just a Christian, it's not special enough for her. She seems like the type who cannot comprehend that more than a couple of thousand people could be saved because they aren't doing it right dammit and she IS! She's created a God and a religion to fit her own needs.

Why does she assume that non-submissive wives are mean to their husbands??? There are plenty of times I've told my husband 'you handled x situation the best you could' or similar - I don't question his every action. We both assume that the other is doing his/her best and that sometimes we'll both make mistakes. If I were in the mattress situation, I'd drag it out there myself if I could, or if it was a situation where he forgot to put it out or something, I'd be kind about it - no big deal. I forget stuff too.

Does she think that all conversations between non-Christian spouses are screaming matches and ugliness? Being an equal partner in a marriage means being equal. It doesn't mean that either of us in on a power trip.

Exactly! In my heathen relationship all it would take is my saying, in a non-hag-like voice, "I'm positive tomorrow is the day for trash pick-up. Wanna give me a hand getting this old mattress out there?" And it would be done. But my husband isn't some insecure misogynist like these fundie manly men.

What an effing, arrogant weirdo! You you have said it all regarding her... unique views, so I'll just say: she and her husband are (and I'm so sorry I'm sinking to this level, but she's so ugly on the inside that it extends to her exterior) of equal attractiveness, and they deserve each other. Seriously dude, nice beard. Plus, it's their fault for having completely public facebooks. Duh. :roll:

What an effing, arrogant weirdo! You you have said it all regarding her... unique views, so I'll just say: she and her husband are (and I'm so sorry I'm sinking to this level, but she's so ugly on the inside that it extends to her exterior) of equal attractiveness, and they deserve each other. Seriously dude, nice beard. Plus, it's their fault for having completely public facebooks. Duh. :roll:

Yeah... I had to do a double take as I thought I was looking at a man...

I am a terrible human being. :?

Yeah... I had to do a double take as I thought I was looking at a man...

I am a terrible human being. :?

Well, I'm just as horrible as you because I thought she was a man at first, too. But no self-respecting Drag Queen would look *that* bad.

Exactly that is why we it makes more sense to think and not be a sweet cheerful submissive wife.

From his blog:

Interests: preaching on the street

Favorite book: the bible

Nothing else? Sounds like a fun guy to be around at parties. All of the priests/pastors I know personally (ok, so just 3 of them lol) still have many other interests outside of their religious calling.

Almost sorry I went to the FB and read.

I don't feel like snarking; I think there are definitely depression/mental illness issues there, and at the least, emotional (if not other) abuse issues.

And, to make it worse, lo and behold, in the commenters on the FB page, an individual-who is a Mom to 9 IIRC- with whom I am online acquainted from another venue, whose FB posts to Joanna's page demonstrate pretty much the same issues.

Depressing.

oh! another street preacher and wife team? my favorite flavors!

also, the taryn avatar is KILLING ME.

and another thing...along the same lines, be sure and ready daddy jeub's castration post today!

Archived