IGNORED

How many fundies are celebrating Rosh Hashanah?

homeschoolmomma1

First Happy New year to all of the wonder FJ Jews. May you have blessed

So how many fundies are making up their own Rosh Hashanah? I don't really follow the blogs, but I think the fundie friends I have don't celebrate it till later and not the next 2 days.

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

Anna Matrix - who of course is ALWAYS right on these things, because the crischuns are stoopid and the jews don't have the whole truth - says it starts at 7.26pm EST on Wednesday the 24th.

But because they eat their supper before 7.26pm, they are having the feast on Thursday. Fair enough, it's a two-day festival...

That's if they're still here of course.

First Happy New year to all of the wonder FJ Jews. May you have blessed

So how many fundies are making up their own Rosh Hashanah? I don't really follow the blogs, but I think the fundie friends I have don't celebrate it till later and not the next 2 days.

Tabby, my gateway fundie, is celebrating her version of Rosh Hashanah.

Plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com

I'm sure Samantha of Virtuous Daughters and her family will be. Except that they'll celebrate in January to fit in with the Gregorian Calender. Because Strong's Concordance. Or something.

So...why are ANY of them celebrating Rosh Hashsnah? And do the celebrate other Jewish holidays too? If not, why not? Are they doing this in addition to Christian holidays?

So...why are ANY of them celebrating Rosh Hashsnah? And do the celebrate other Jewish holidays too? If not, why not? Are they doing this in addition to Christian holidays?

There really is no one answer - it's a mish-mash.

We have an archive on Faux and Messianic Jews, and appropriations of Jewish customs and language by Christian fundies, if you want to see some previous disucssions:

viewforum.php?f=157

Because they want to be as close to replicating the life of Jesus as possible! Hell, even the freaking Maxwells celebrate Passover seder, complete with kippahs and talliot. Which pisses me off. But you won't find it on the blog anymore, because Stevehovah scrubbed it because presumably it was bearing evil fruit (when the original post went up, he said he would take it down if he felt it was leading people astray). Which is also hilarious to me, because you don't just get to "decide" you want to be Jewish and thus it is so. It takes a lot of concerted effort to become a Jew.

Because they want to be as close to replicating the life of Jesus as possible! Hell, even the freaking Maxwells celebrate Passover seder, complete with kippahs and talliot. Which pisses me off. But you won't find it on the blog anymore, because Stevehovah scrubbed it because presumably it was bearing evil fruit (when the original post went up, he said he would take it down if he felt it was leading people astray). Which is also hilarious to me, because you don't just get to "decide" you want to be Jewish and thus it is so. It takes a lot of concerted effort to become a Jew.

I've never seen the Maxwell Seder post. If anyone has it saved I would absolutely love to see it.

I'm so pleased other people read Anna matrix. There are never any posts about her so I was worried I was obsessing alone!

Oh, I love Anna...

I 'm seriously looking forward to the moment she decides she can't possibly stretch out the timeline any further (it would have been the end of this year, but then she found a bit of text that said it would be interrupted so we're currently looking at a ten-year period rather than seven. No doubt that's open to interpretation too).

Will she (a) decide she was totally misled by culture and upbringing and get therapy and become militantly atheist (b) decide she was totally misled by SATAN and dive into a completely different set of messages from on high © decide she was totally misled by her cultural and religious framework and make up a weird mishmash of prophetic paganism (d)???

Did you see the post where she complains that Jesus naming Simon "Peter" had been "translated into Aramatic"? (I had to comment on that one.)

The crazy pants fundies who rent space in our building on Sundays celebrated on Thursday. Sweet sassy molassey.... They sang The Battle Hymn of the Republic at least two or three times and let their howler monkeys run around during the lunch pitch-in. Someone almost got punched because it was seriously f-ing insane. I wanted to go ask them why their children weren't in school. They had no respect for the people working in the building. They acted like it was Sunday & made just as much noise as they wanted. It was ridiculous.

Did you see the post where she complains that Jesus naming Simon "Peter" had been "translated into Aramatic"? (I had to comment on that one.)

Is that a language, similar to Hebrew, that smells really good? :D

Oh, I love Anna...

I 'm seriously looking forward to the moment she decides she can't possibly stretch out the timeline any further (it would have been the end of this year, but then she found a bit of text that said it would be interrupted so we're currently looking at a ten-year period rather than seven. No doubt that's open to interpretation too).

Will she (a) decide she was totally misled by culture and upbringing and get therapy and become militantly atheist (b) decide she was totally misled by SATAN and dive into a completely different set of messages from on high © decide she was totally misled by her cultural and religious framework and make up a weird mishmash of prophetic paganism (d)???

Um excuse you, you mean Ha'Satan.

Ooh,ooh, b! With a side of d, "how dare you question me, I have ALL the biblical gifts AND I'm kewl!" Of course, after the last few rapture deadlines came and went she just doubled down on the crazy. Yeshua forbid she admit she could be wrong. Did you see today's post where she hand-waves away Paul's reference to salvation being "soon" 2,000 years ago, with all the uncomfortable implications that could have for her own version of "soon"? Or the delightfully offensive bit where we learn the Jews didn't fight their captors in the concentration camps because they are obedient to the will of the Lord?

I remember the Aramatic. So sorry, so blonde.

This feels like Christmas (sorry, the fall feasts?). I'm too excited to snark properly, I've been waiting so long to discuss her!

Is that a language, similar to Hebrew, that smells really good? :D

That's pretty much what I was wondering. :lol: Is that a vanilla-scented ancient language? I'll have my dead Semitic language in pumpkin spice, please.

That's pretty much what I was wondering. :lol: Is that a vanilla-scented ancient language? I'll have my dead Semitic language in pumpkin spice, please.

Maybe she has synesthesia!

• 6 years later...
On 9/30/2014 at 2:23 AM, ExCatholic said:

Um excuse you, you mean Ha'Satan.

Ooh,ooh, b! With a side of d, "how dare you question me, I have ALL the biblical gifts AND I'm kewl!" Of course, after the last few rapture deadlines came and went she just doubled down on the crazy. Yeshua forbid she admit she could be wrong. Did you see today's post where she hand-waves away Paul's reference to salvation being "soon" 2,000 years ago, with all the uncomfortable implications that could have for her own version of "soon"? Or the delightfully offensive bit where we learn the Jews didn't fight their captors in the concentration camps because they are obedient to the will of the Lord?

I remember the Aramatic. So sorry, so blonde.

This feels like Christmas (sorry, the fall feasts?). I'm too excited to snark properly, I've been waiting so long to discuss her!

Do you still follow Anna? I so wish I could find more posts about her because I've read all of her blog posts (back to 2000!), and she deserves so much more snark than she gets! Sometimes I just can't even believe what I'm reading.