IGNORED

Maxwell Dog and Pony Show - Fall 2014

twin2

Those are the ugliest dresses I have ever seen in my life.

It looks like someone ate a load of food colouring and vomited onto some fabric. Was the person who made that/bought it blind? Surely nobody would find that look beautiful. I think even Lady Lydia would find that tacky.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) those outfits are not homemade. I think they are Matilda Jane (don't ask me how I know):

matildajaneclothing.com/collections

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) those outfits are not homemade. I think they are Matilda Jane (don't ask me how I know):

Someone actually designs and sells those atrocities?

They are obviously commercially available garments (a dress and a top in this case) with skirts and panels of fabric added to make them more voluminous. I'm no seamstress, but I could do the equivalent it half an hour if I was so inclined and if I didn't know my daughter would leave the house in just her underwear before she would wear those dresses.

I live in a hipster part of Atlanta and see these things on tourists from Alabama, Tn, and South GA and red county suburanites at the zoo and other places. I have even see Matilda Jane mother -daughter ensembles on particularly fabulous small towners.

I live in a hipster part of Atlanta and see these things on tourists from Alabama, Tn, and South GA and red county suburanites at the zoo and other places. I have even see Matilda Jane mother -daughter ensembles on particularly fabulous small towners.

Oh dear. :? I am from Atlanta as well, but fortunately being well away from the touristy parts, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing such marvels. :lol:

While ugly,at least they are colorful and show some personality. And it looks to me like the teal colored outfit is pants, not a skirt to me. Is the purple material not Sarah's skirt?

The pants with tiers of ruffles around the hem...ugh. I can't think of any child who would be willing put these on unless they were under general anesthesia.

i love this. it's zombie rompers of the '90's.

i grew up in rural Oklahoma and Texas, and we have family photos going out to eat Sunday dinner with cousins in rompers. The kind with laura ashley prints and collars that were a suffocation hazard in a strong wind.

what is it with rural fashion? :lol:

That occurred to me too but I suspect she's feeling low and is therefore attempting to pray it away... depression can be genetic Steve, FFS get your daughter and wife some professional help.

I wouldn't be surprised if Teri and Sarah's despression is 100% situational.

Ugh, Matilda Jane. Sad to say this is not just a fundie thing. I have several friends who are obsessed with that line of clothing for their little girls. Ruffle bottom pants make me oh so happy I only have little boys. Can't stand them! There was a girl in my son's preschool class last year who wore ruffle bottom pants nearly every day.

Ugh, Matilda Jane. Sad to say this is not just a fundie thing. I have several friends who are obsessed with that line of clothing for their little girls. Ruffle bottom pants make me oh so happy I only have little boys. Can't stand them! There was a girl in my son's preschool class last year who wore ruffle bottom pants nearly every day.

Agreed- Matilda Jane clothes are really ugly. I have seen them on the rich or upper-middle class in our church. Plus the clothes remind me of the obnoxious costumes for the Doodlebops- but the Doodlebops have less ruffles.

post-9835-14451999458479_thumb.jpg

"They had dinner for us and allowed us to make ourselves at home in their home."

I just... really?

I remember being a child and writing for school assignments. There were some things that didn't 'sound right', so I would try to write it in a different way. Did that really 'sound right' to Mary? A legal adult? :(

The only way to have a sense for things "sounding right" is reading a wide variety of stuff, which is one thing we KNOW the Maxwells don't do. Regular school kids, even young ones, have a far better trained ear in that regard.

The pants with tiers of ruffles around the hem...ugh. I can't think of any child who would be willing put these on unless they were under general anesthesia.

My thoughts exactly, about the selection of pants on that website. The ones that are basically leggings with a few tiny (as in, inch or so!) ruffles, maybe, but the pants with the one giant ruffle (or two rows of giant ruffles) like midway on the calf? It's like pantaloons gone really really REALLY bad.

This is the first I've ever heard of that brand.

New post is up. Maxwells paddled kayaks, God made the tide go in and out, and sent a rainbow.

And our very own Kate B. strikes again:

Kate B. says:

September 30, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Such lovely photos! It must be such a blessing to travel to so many different parts of our nation, seeing the wonders of God’s creation and sharing your experiences with others. And that rainbow! There’s a house up the road that has a big, bright rainbow flag inside their front window. I enjoy looking at it on my drives to the village, but of course a real rainbow is much better!

May you continue to have a safe and blessed journey.

It appears as if Steve is the only one not wearing a life vest. So incredibly stupid on his part. I know the water is calm but it is like wearing a seat belt in a car. You hope to never need one but it will save your life in an accident. I am a certified kayak instructor and work for a nonprofit that takes school kids on field trips to our local river to do water sports (if old enough) and science related activities. We have a zero tolerance policy on life vests for the kids and we all wear them too. Each year several people drown on our river because they weren't wearing life vests and they underestimated the water.

*edited because the cat stepped on the keyboard as I hit "submit"

New post is up. Maxwells paddled kayaks, God made the tide go in and out, and sent a rainbow.

Steve -- have a dance with Bill!

[bBvideo 560,340:2118la3z]

[/bBvideo]

(didn't make this one -- just found it)

And our very own Kate B. strikes again:

God bless ye, JohnHugh. Bless your sparkling, glitter-flecked unicorn frolicking heart.

It appears as if Steve is the only one not wearing a life vest. So incredibly stupid on his part. I know the water is calm but it is like wearing a seat belt in a car. You hope to never need one but it will save your life in an accident. I am a certified kayak instructor and work for a nonprofit that takes school kids on field trips to our local river to do water sports (if old enough) and science related activities. We have a zero tolerance policy on life vests for the kids and we all wear them too. Each year several people drown on our river because they weren't wearing life vests and they underestimated the water.

*edited because the cat stepped on the keyboard as I hit "submit"

Why wear a life vest when you can walk on water?

I actually think those clothes are awesome... But my own sense of style is rather quirky and eclectic.

Also, my dad and I have been trained in ice water rescue. We still wear life jackets, no matter what .

God bless ye, JohnHugh. Bless your sparkling, glitter-flecked unicorn frolicking heart.

Bless you for that, but Kate B is not me, though that was a damn good one! But surprise, surprise the post has been deleted. Hi Stevie :snooty:

The last one I got sort of past Stevie was:

Cathy says:

September 25, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Wow what fantastic waves, the white sand and the lighthouse in the distance.

I LOVE lighthouses and our family always visits as many as possible on vacation.

Hope the conferences are going well.

Love Cathy.

But it was heavily edited as Cathy originally wrote about the white 'short' sand and her favourite lighthouse being Vine Valley lighthouse. So Stevie obviously knows something about the Arndts. :wink-penguin:

Archived