IGNORED

Four Little Fergusons

FJismyheadship

On Stitch Fix- "Averaging" $55/piece for sizes 0-14... Uh, okay, pretty sure women XS-XL can find "styled outfits" in ANY mainstream retail store for less than $55/piece. Outlet malls... exist? And color blindness isn't all that common in women.

Also: adweek.com/adfreak/why-did-these-68-shorts-stitch-fix-show-2495-price-tag-nordstrom-rack-159245

newlywedsonabudget.com/2014/08/stitch-fix-scam-cancel-stitch-fix-now/

Even bloggers who love it admit it's only affordable due to referrals: thearenaupdate.com/2014/04/honest-talk-about-stitch-fix.html

Second, keep at least one thing. Remember, you pay a $20 "styling fee" just to have that box of goodies land on your doorstep. Find something to keep in each box so you aren't throwing your money away. I had a couple fixes early on where I only kept the jewelry item I was sent because I wasn't loving any of the clothes enough to drop the coin on them.

Are you HIGH? Cancel this shit! $20 "styling" fee and you hated it all? Seriously?

So yeah, this is another dumb box service slash MLM started by yet another irritating trust fund baby. Fuck 'em. And fuck Tonya.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen people on the beach in non-wholesome wear bathing suits that cover more than she is in those pictures. If she is proud of her body and wants to show it off, go for it. But doing that while shaming people who wear halter tops and short skirts is just hypocritical. I'm surprised she took the sitting in chicken poop pictures down but left up the half-naked ones.

When I first saw this picture it reminded me of the controversial pregnant August 1991 Demi Moore cover for "Vanity Fair". It was shocking for the time, but it was also a beautiful picture and she was positioned to keep the most naughty bits covered. Do you think Tonya was trying to emulate that famous picture?

How do we know that the husband is still cheating on her? Or is it just speculation?

So munch second hand embarrassment from her infidelity posts. While I feel bad for her on one level, the fact that she took it way too far with the public flogging, made me feel worse for the husband by the end.

Is her box delivery MLM purchase deductible since she is a professional blogger and uses the merchandise on her blog and as marketing for her MLM? Just curious.

How do we know that the husband is still cheating on her? Or is it just speculation?

It's speculation, I believe. Someone found a dating profile from the area with a picture that looks a bit like him, but it wasn't a FOR SURE match by any means.

It's speculation, I believe. Someone found a dating profile from the area with a picture that looks a bit like him, but it wasn't a FOR SURE match by any means.

I would call it less speculation and more playing the odds. Pretty much everyone here with experience with a partner cheating noted that the couple did none of the work required to change their patterns of behavior, and it was simply a matter of time before they were right back where they started.

I would call it less speculation and more playing the odds. Pretty much everyone here with experience with a partner cheating noted that the couple did none of the work required to change their patterns of behavior, and it was simply a matter of time before they were right back where they started.

Especially with the way she's dragging his dignity through the mud. He's got to be doing something to keep a shred of his self-respect, and to keep him from leaving completely or becoming abusive. Even overwhelming love for his kids wouldn't keep a man going under that much flame-throwing from his wife. Getting attention from other ladies is his drug of choice, seems like. It's bad, but drinking or actual substance abuse would be worse, imo. He doesn't look like a guy who would turn to food.

i don't believe in the old fundie advice that a wife should be a doormat for her hubby no matter what crap he does, and put up with anything and everything. But at the same time it's too bad she can't find the courage to leave him and start a better life for her kids. What a sad situation all around, but especially that she won't get therapy for her unresolved issues and keeps airing their struggles for the world to see. My heart breaks for the kids.

I didn't find anything 100% conclusive, no. I didn't look very hard, though- Tonya pretty plainly told us her fears, and they tell me that even if I found conclusive evidence, she'd choose not to believe it. The "break from blogging" actually happening gives me some different thoughts on her. Fundies don't tend to stick the flounce, and she at least kinda has- if her issue was just straight narcissism I don't think she could have left her blog (and mostly, her public FB page) alone this long. My theory now is that she wants very badly to believe that the Bad Times Are Over Forever Because She's Special.

STOP looking for my husband on dating sites, STOP saying Jesus can’t heal a broken marriage this fast, stop calling me mean names, stop hate reading my blog, STOP accusing me of hurting my kids and especially of not giving the best care I could to my father in law.

Tonya already doesn't trust Dale- that's why she's yelling at us to stop looking for him. She doesn't trust that we won't find anything, because she doesn't trust her husband (and she likely shouldn't). Her claim that Jesus took a personal interest in "healing her broken marriage" so fast is about Tonya's fear and ego. Jesus loves her MORE than those other cheated-on wives and husbands. They're chumps, Tonya is SPECIAL. Tonya would really like us to stop saying she's not amazing and wonderful and sparkly and perfect. Stop hate reading her blog, because she hates thinking about the things people think about her. This isn't about a bunch of strangers on the Internet, this is about Tonya's fears of what the people in her life really think of her. Including (especially?) her husband. Stop accusing me of hurting my kids- because a lot of Tonya's self-image is wrapped up in being a Perfect Godly Mom.

Because if God didn't fix her husband's dick heart and heal her marriage, she's just a sucker. If everyone online doesn't love and adore her, that means people offline probably think she's full of shit too- including her family, neighbors and even people she goes to church with! If she's not a Perfect Godly Homeschool Mom, she's just another working mother. She's ordinary. And if she's ordinary... why, her life could still come crashing down again at any point after all. If she's ordinary, not chosen by Jesus, not special and perfect and sparkly, then there's absolutely nothing to prevent the things she's seen happen to ordinary people. You know, the reasons you and I sometimes can't sleep at night: divorce, serious illness, accidents, tornadoes, bankruptcy, unemployment, foreclosure, something happening to the kids... Facing the fact that you can't control anything and that your husband cheating on you probably ISN'T the worst thing that will ever happen to you (or someone you love) is terrifying.

But there's absolutely no reason to confront painful truths when you can spackle right over them with doTERRA oils and Jesus!

Time to shill for doTERRA, it seems.

Money problems, Tonya?

I love how she's all "quick, make a copy of this before the FDA shuts us down!" I'm sure the only reason the FDA wants to silence all your claims is because they're evil and hate God and capitalism. :roll:

Edited to add: Do the people who sell this shit seriously not hear how ridiculous they sound? Here are a couple of excerpts from her Intro to essential oils post.....

I rubbed Oregano on our feet bottoms. Oregano is the #1 strongest antibiotic in nature. IN FACT, it’s so strong it will burn healthy skin, :pink-shock: or get rid of warts or skin tags for you. Thus, the feet bottom instruction......

Oils are carbon based, as is our body. :laughing-rolling: Your body recognizes it as safe, so it allows the oils to cross the blood brain barrier*, and allow them to cross into a cell infected with a virus, and kill it. Fast! That is why for the first time in all my years of parenting, I had “One and Done†pukers.

*I can't believe Oncologists the world over don't know the solution to crossing the blood-brain barrier is ESSENTIAL OILS! I'm sure that would have been so useful to know when my sister was receiving chemo for her brain cancer. :angry-banghead: (And who knew the virus responsible for gastroenteritis lived in your brain, for that matter?)

Dear Tonya:

1. Your kids puking less couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with them getting older. No. It must be the essential oils. SCIENCE.

2. Hey, remember the last time you had an unexplained hard year financially? I bet Econo Lodge or Super 8 knows why Dale's take-home pay is mysteriously a little short.

3. I checked your A-Z of doTERRA and I is for Immune Support? What? It's not for Infidelity? Too bad...

" That is why for the first time in all my years of parenting, I had “One and Done†pukers. "

Tonya, honey - how old is your oldest? Eight? Those of us who have been parenting a decade more than you really have to laugh at "all my years of parenting". PUH-lease, sister, you are still wet behind the ears. And guess what? After about age 7 or 8 they do stop puking for the most part. I have been parenting for 18 and a half years and no one has puked in this house for over a decade, and that's WITHOUT rubbing voodoo on their feet! In fact, if anyone pukes around here I'm calling it a hangover at this point. Older kids really don't puke much, if at all.

(Now that I said this someone's gonna puke but I'm taking my chances to make my point.)

Also - yay on your mint oil bringing fever down a degree or two. Because THAT is healthy. In all of MY years of parenting I've understood that a fever exists to get rid of whatever is invading the body and so unless the fever is completely out of control and well above what it should be (in which case, drop the oils and head to the doctor, stat) you let that baby burn.

The FDA is shutting this down because you are actually risking people's well-being by touting these things. Anecdotal stories are one thing, and I also know people who swear by things like lavender oil for sleeping and you know, if it works, it works. But you cross the line when you claim your products actually cure you or interfere with a natural healing process of the body.

You have to make a LOT of crazy claims and scam a lot of people out of money to get the FDA after you. They just don't have the funding to chase down every out there claim. Claiming oregano oil on your feet will cross the blood brain barrier and therefore kill stomach bugs? :pink-shock: Pretty down out there

Color me confused, but if it's strong enough to burn healthy skin wouldn't it still burn the bottoms of your feet? I realize my feet are probably not the best example because I don't do a lot of walking nor do I wear shoes, but the skin on the bottom of my feet is pretty soft. Even before I was disabled, I didn't have gnarly feet..maybe the back of the heels would be a little calloused once in a while.

This doesn't seem very logical to me that people would think "well this burns healthy skin, but the bottom of my feet will be exempt from that."

I just have to say... I get that "Act now because this deal won't be around long!" is a marketing technique. But it seems like "Act now because the FDA is in the process of shutting the whole company down!" would be a significantly less effective version of that technique.

EDIT: Also, if Oregano is an antibiotic why does she use it for the flu? The flu is caused by a fucking virus, not by bacteria.

Also:

It takes the body 20 minutes to cycle something from the bottom of your feet, clear through your system.

Don’t believe me? Rub garlic oil on the bottom of your feet sometime. You will get hungry for Spaghetti & Garlic bread, and you will know what I was talking about. :Winking smile:

Okay, the winking smile means this is just a joke, right?! THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE.

This woman might be even dumber than Lori.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Hi, I have a question! I looooove doTERRA oils, but had never heard that oregano oil is a good treatment for the flu. How did an antibiotic oil help with the flu? Antibiotics help defeat bacteria and not viruses. Does oregano also have antiviral properties?

Thanks! :)

I caved and commented. Odds that she'll post this comment and address it?

EDIT:
Yes, it also has wonderful antiviral properties, so when a dr. sends you home with a virus to wait it out, you can use this oil. It can cross into the cell and kill a virus! Great questions!
Oregano Properties:
Antibacterial
Antibiotic
Antiparasitic
Antiviral
Disinfectant

Ooooh! It's an antibacterial AND an antibiotic both! How impressive! And it kills viruses and parasites! :roll:

:lol: :lol: sheesh now she is hocking deterra oils. :roll: :roll: :roll: By the way how in the world is she home schooling with her science skills. ugg BTW someone needs to try the miracle cough syrup and let me know how it works. If it doesn't it might taste good on some chicken.

Like many things, I think essential oils have benefits, but MLMs have jumped the shark on this one. Something on the bottom of your feet is NOT going to cross the blood brain barrier!

Like many things, I think essential oils have benefits, but MLMs have jumped the shark on this one. Something on the bottom of your feet is NOT going to cross the blood brain barrier!

Maybe the callus-bunion barrier? :lol:

They say "blood-brain barrier" like it's a BAD thing.

This...

Also if the oil is so strong it will burn off your skin, do you really want it touching delicate neurons? I'm guessing that Tonya's maybe taken a few too many essential oils in her life.

Tonya, how are the essential oils anti-viral? Many viruses are non-enveloped- essentialy protein coats covering nuclear material. These viruses withstand stomach acid. How do the oils interact with them given that these viruses contain no lipid themselves? How do the oils target ONLY infected cells? How do they target only pathogenic bacteria but leave normal colonizing flora alone- given that pathogenic bacteria can also be colonizers?

The thing is it can be quite easy to kill bacteria and viruses in a test tube- hell you can do it with plain water in some instances and exposure to sunlight inactivates many viruses. It's an entirely different matter to kill off infecting bacteria and viruses in the human body without causing harm. Show me an actual randomized controlled trial of oils in actual human infection and I'll believe it.

This...

Also if the oil is so strong it will burn off your skin, do you really want it touching delicate neurons? I'm guessing that Tonya's maybe taken a few too many essential oils in her life.

Tonya, how are the essential oils anti-viral? Many viruses are non-enveloped- essentialy protein coats covering nuclear material. These viruses withstand stomach acid. How do the oils interact with them given that these viruses contain no lipid themselves? How do the oils target ONLY infected cells? How do they target only pathogenic bacteria but leave normal colonizing flora alone- given that pathogenic bacteria can also be colonizers?

The thing is it can be quite easy to kill bacteria and viruses in a test tube- hell you can do it with plain water in some instances and exposure to sunlight inactivates many viruses. It's an entirely different matter to kill off infecting bacteria and viruses in the human body without causing harm. Show me an actual randomized controlled trial of oils in actual human infection and I'll believe it.

Stop using FACTS to confuse the situation! Facts are BAD. How many times must you be told this? How can you live in your woo woo fantasy land when people keep introducing FACTS? :hand:

It takes the body 20 minutes to cycle something from the bottom of your feet, clear through your system.

Don’t believe me? Rub garlic oil on the bottom of your feet sometime. You will get hungry for Spaghetti & Garlic bread, and you will know what I was talking about. :Winking smile:

Okay, the winking smile means this is just a joke, right?! THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE.

This woman might be even dumber than Lori.

Reminds me of Old Lady Stroupe *smile*.

I think she's just having an olfactory response to the garlic. Or else her spaghetti smells like her feet.

I am aware of one randomized, controlled, double blind study on the use of an identified group of essential oils. It was done in Nigeria and backed by the WHO. Specifically, they were evaluating the possibility of using the essential oils or coconut oil as a topical treatment for medication resistant fungal infections. They did find that applied topically both coconut oil and the essential oils they studied were both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of other legitimate studies, and that study did not look a viral impact, absorption of topical treatments nor internal usage at all.

I could look again. That was four years ago so still relevant but not the most up to date, but the complete lack of referencing such studies makes me fairly confident they don't really exist, or they are not supportive of the claims people like Tonya are touting.

Archived