IGNORED

Kirk Cameron Christmas Movie - MERGE

doggie

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

I watched this video the first time with the volume off and he really looks like he is mentally unstable. When I turned the volume on, he sounded mentally unstable. Apparently Santa is the answer to "saving" Christmas. I'm not a Christian but when I was I would have been turned off by his message of consumerism.

Kirk, maybe, just maybe, there is no war on Christmas and instead of spending money to make a movie pretending like there is, God would rather you spend it helping the poor and needy in this world. I think you have lost the spirit of Christmas.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish my local stores would actually declare War on Christmas, cause I really don't approve that they are already trying to sell me eggnog. :D

as if you need more proof he is an idiot well here you go.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/kirk ... his-stuff/

Actor-turned-fundamentalist activist Kirk Cameron this week urged Christians not to “drink the Kool-Aid†and accept what he said were lies that Christmas has its origins in pagan celebrations of the Winter Solstice.

During an interview with Christian Post to publicize his movie “Saving Christmas,†Cameron said that he hoped that people would come to understand that traditions like the Christmas tree were only about the birth of Jesus Christ.

Oh Kirk. Living in his own little world.

Personally, as a recovering Baptist, the bits of Christmas I look forward to are pretty much exclusively the pagan parts. The rich foods and materialism are fun too. I could do without the living nativities...

This is the true war on Christmas. I can't wait to see it on Fox news (as if).

I worked for a guy briefly and disastrously who became a Refored Presbyterian. I occasionally look him up on Facebook because he's such an amusing clusterfuck (in ways that go beyond religion), and he posts longs screeds against Christmas frequently.

Just wanted to support Kirk Cameron and remind you all of the Reason for the Season, courtesy of this summary I found in the terrible fanfic, Sonic High School:

Mary got a letter from an angel saying she was going to have a baby, but she did not want to have the baby at home because the King would not let babies vote, so Mary and Joseph rode bikes all the way from London to Jerusalem. When they got to there, the hospital was full, so they went to a barn and had the baby in there, and it turned out to be the legendary hero Jesus.

I'd rather watch a "Married With Children" christmas episode. I like the one where Santa parachuted to his death in the Bundy's backyard or the one where Al's guardian angel (Sam Kinison) showed him what the world would have been like if he had never been born.

I like the Futurama X-mas Day episodes with (evil) Robot Santa and his toy-making Neptunian slaves, Hanukkah Zombie, and Kwanzaa-bot with his traditional book. :D To say nothing of the traditional carols of X-mas:

"He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're on the can.

He'll hunt you down and blast your ass, from here to Pakistan.

Oh! You'd better not breathe, You'd better not move,

You're better off dead, I'm telling you, dude.

Santa Claus is gunning you down!"

He is everywhere!

There's a sexist spin on this one (no surprise):

"If you are a mom, if you are a wife, if you're the keeper of your home, I want you to know that your joy is so important this Christmas," says Candace Cameron Bure's big brother. "Because Christmas is about joy and if the joy of the Lord is your strength, remember, the joy of the mom is her children's strength, so don't let anything steal your joy. If you let your joy get stolen, it will sap your strength."

So what are moms supposed to do in the ideal world of Kirk Cameron? Hang garland around the house, bake pies, and sing "A Holly Jolly Christmas," of course. Oh, and have a lot of people over.

"Let your children, your family, see your joy in the way you decorate your home this Christmas, in the food that you cook, the songs you sing, the stories you tell, and the traditions that you keep," he instructs. "Invite your whole neighborhood into your Christmas and invite the world into our story of our king and his kingdom."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb ... 50143.html

Another, with a Kirkesque lack of understanding about that pesky church/state thing:

Actor and evangelist Kirk Cameron argued this week that a Maryland school board was wrong to remove Christian holidays from the vacation calendar because “education is inherently religious.â€

Late last week, the conservative Education Action Group blamed Muslim parents for the board’s decision to remove all religious holidays rather than including one day from Ramadan on its schedule.

“Look, it’s Washington, D.C.,†Cameron told the hosts of Fox & Friends on Thursday. “I mean, we already know that this city had a reputation of being godless. And so, I think it makes sense to most Americans that if they’re going to take Christmas off the calendar, well, if the Grinch showed up actually in a city, it would probably be that city.â€

The Christian actor insisted that Americans in the “heartland†still celebrated Christmas: “We give [our kids] presents and we say, ‘Merry Christmas.’â€

“What do you think about the minority affecting the majority?†Fox News host Ainsley Earhardt wondered.

“Well, we’re talking about education, and I think problem is that education is inherently religious,†Cameron explained. “What is an education that doesn’t address ultimate questions like, who are we? Why are we here? What’s the meaning of life?â€

“And so, if you try to pull religion or faith out of schools, you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.â€

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/kirk ... religious/

:angry-banghead:

as if you need more proof he is an idiot well here you go.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/kirk ... his-stuff/

Actor-turned-fundamentalist activist Kirk Cameron this week urged Christians not to “drink the Kool-Aid†and accept what he said were lies that Christmas has its origins in pagan celebrations of the Winter Solstice.

During an interview with Christian Post to publicize his movie “Saving Christmas,†Cameron said that he hoped that people would come to understand that traditions like the Christmas tree were only about the birth of Jesus Christ.

LOL, he said this while chugging down a gallon of Kool-Aid.

I personally like this take on it, especially the "trifecta" of him pissing off atheists, pagans, AND historians:

addictinginfo.org/2014/11/14/clueless-kirk-cameron-says-that-pagans-stole-christmas-ignores-actual-history-again/

Did you know that you can bring this, er, movie to your town if you agree to sell a mere 500 tickets? Maybe the agency I work for can do this instead of their annual drunken orgy/holiday party.

I'm eagerly awaiting Kirky's movie about Saving Karl Marx's Birthday.

The Kirkster is starting to physically resemble a low-budget, receding hairline version of Doug Phillips, fitting since they are both tools.

First thing that popped into my mind was treating this like a holiday version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, complete with props and commentary back at the screen. I could see reindeer flying and tinsel thrown and Mary being called names for being knocked up out of wedlock...

I personally like this take on it, especially the "trifecta" of him pissing off atheists, pagans, AND historians:

addictinginfo.org/2014/11/14/clueless-kirk-cameron-says-that-pagans-stole-christmas-ignores-actual-history-again/

It's a hat trick! Or, maybe, in this case, a hate trick.

I can't believe this made it to real theaters. Should I suffer through it tomorrow? Take one for the team? Screw that dumb and dumber will be more intelligent and sell more tickets

I love the only item on the IMDb trivia page:

The date of Christmas is derived from a roman festival, "the birthday of the unconquered sun" to celebrate the Roman Sun God and was celebrated on December 25th, it was only under Emperor Constantine that this was changed to a celebration of Jesus.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4009460/tri ... tt_trv_trv

I went to see this monstrosity last night. It was far worse than I imagined it would be. Kirk Cameron explains to his cynical and idiotic brother-in-law why he is mistaken in his belief that modern Christmas isn't biblical or centered on Jesus.

Major logic fails

1) Why it's okay to have a Christmas tree

Kirk argues that the bible begins in the Garden of Eden which was filled with trees. Adam ate the fruit from a tree and couldn't return the fruit to the tree without placing himself on the tree. Jesus, the last Adam, returned himself to the tree (the cross since it's made out of wood) in order to save humanity from sin.

2) Why it's okay to have tons of presents under the tree

Kirk explains that when we are lying on the floor looking at the presents under the tree, the boxes resemble the skyline of Jerusalem (which seems to have some skyscrapers - WTF?) and the star at the top of your tree represents the Star of Bethlehem above the city.

3) Why we need all the materialism

Kirk says that Jesus was the material incarnation of God, so having all the material things reminds us of this and we couldn't possibly eat enough or have enough celebration to signify the importance of this.

Amazingly, even though these are all terrible arguments, his brother-in-law is completely blown away and decides to embrace Christmas. The movie ends with an incredibly long hip hop dancing scene which includes Kirk doing the worm. Attendance at my theater in the liberal bastion of NY was pretty low.

I went to see this monstrosity last night. It was far worse than I imagined it would be. Kirk Cameron explains to his cynical and idiotic brother-in-law why he is mistaken in his belief that modern Christmas isn't biblical or centered on Jesus.

Major logic fails

Kirk argues that the bible begins in the Garden of Eden which was filled with trees. Adam ate the fruit from a tree and couldn't return the fruit to the tree without placing himself on the tree. Jesus, the last Adam, returned himself to the tree (the cross since it's made out of wood) in order to save humanity from sin.

Kirk explains that when we are lying on the floor looking at the presents under the tree, the boxes resemble the skyline of Jerusalem (which seems to have some skyscrapers - WTF?) and the star at the top of your tree represents the Star of Bethlehem above the city.

Kirk says that Jesus was the material incarnation of God, so having all the material things reminds us of this and we couldn't possibly eat enough or have enough celebration to signify the importance of this.

Amazingly, even though these are all terrible arguments, his brother-in-law is completely blown away and decides to embrace Christmas. The movie ends with an incredibly long hip hop dancing scene which includes Kirk doing the worm. Attendance at my theater in the liberal bastion of NY was pretty low.

OMG, this sounds AWESOME! :cracking-up: I can't wait until it makes it to Netflix. We should all set up a time to watch it together and have an FJ chat (and drinking game, of course).

OMG, this sounds AWESOME! :cracking-up: I can't wait until it makes it to Netflix. We should all set up a time to watch it together and have an FJ chat (and drinking game, of course).

My son said it was the best movie he had ever seen and was laughing so hard he had tears rolling down his face. It was hilariously bad.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Freehannie! :worship:

Those are some mental gymnastics! Even my former Catholic village priest - capable of his own mental gymnastics - came up with easier explanations than that.

1. Christmas Tree: It's an evergreen tree, during the time of year when all other trees are bare, and it's dark. A symbol of hope and rebirth, just like humankind received hope and rebirth via Christ arriving. Oh, and the candles on the tree are a symbol for Christ bringing light into the world, during dark times. (Obviously, said priest hadn't quite considered the Southern hemisphere, but it worked for Germany.)

2. Presents: Christ was a gift to the world. The gifts we give our loved ones are symbolic of the great gift God gave his loved ones. You see the gifts that you've been waiting and hoping for all year, just like humankind was waiting and hoping for that greatest of gifts.

3. Materialism: Is technically wrong, but since God gave up his only son for us lot, open your wallets and give to others generously. Also, don't forget to drop your cash into the donation box for "Bread for the World". Now, let's celebrate being saved!

If you ask me, my former village priest made more sense than Cameron's convoluted explanations, in a Christian context.

Major logic fails

:shock: :pink-shock: :wtf:

I . . . I am temporarily speechless.

I'll be back later.

Oh, and :worship: to you freehannie, for tolerating this shit. Were there snorts, guffaws and cries of "what the everlovin' fuck!" in the theater?

Oh, and :worship: to you freehannie, for tolerating this shit. Were there snorts, guffaws and cries of "what the everlovin' fuck!" in the theater?

No, only my son and I because we couldn't contain our laughter. And we waited until we got to the car after the movie to discuss it which took an amazing amount of self-control. But then yes there was a lot of WTF did we just see.

Archived