IGNORED

Do I just have a dirty mind, or what is he really meaning?

formergothardite

So God's Daughter is still interviewing guys and this one is a 28 year old mental health therapist. So he is a little older and better educated than the rest of the guys she interviewed. This is his response to one of the questions:

6) What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife?

Her heart’s in the Lord and her love for Him is spilled onto me, and she sees me as the spiritual leader. She MUST also know what to do during our “special moments†and just be herself.

What the heck is he talking about in the bolded part? My mind immediatly goes to sexual stuff, but perhaps I am just corrupted. What else could he be talking about?

god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/08/from-guys-viewpointjohn-e.html

What a strange series! I have no idea what that guy means by the bolded sentence, but there were several strange answers. Strange to the point where I was starting to get an ever so slight pinging of my gaydar. Actor, likes drama films, notices hair and fashion on women. Nothing definitive, but ....

Then I read a couple of the other guys interviews. Where does she find these jerks? I wouldn't touch any of them with a 12 foot pole. Especially the one who thought college for girls was pointless and a "spendy" waste of 2 years. (I guess a degree is totally out of the question)

I read that as he wants a girl who isn't going to be a total prude due to her fundy background. He wants someone who actually will enjoy sex and be comfortable with their own body and sexuality, both of which their background often enocourages them to hide.

So God's Daughter is still interviewing guys and this one is a 28 year old mental health therapist. So he is a little older and better educated than the rest of the guys she interviewed. This is his response to one of the questions:

Her heart’s in the Lord and her love for Him is spilled onto me, and she sees me as the spiritual leader. She MUST also know what to do during our “special moments†and just be herself.

What the heck is he talking about in the bolded part? My mind immediatly goes to sexual stuff, but perhaps I am just corrupted. What else could he be talking about?

It's hard to know. Fundies often do things that seem sexual to me but I'm not certain if they're aware of how they sound. The writer of this statement is better educated and older than the others so my guess is that he is aware. Maybe he has a vigin/whore fetish.

I'm with you. I think he's talking about sexy time! He wants a submissive wife who's independant in bed? Weird...

That is what I am getting too. Especially with this answer:

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s?

The man is the hunter-gatherer and leader of the pack, he brings home the resources, guides his family, and meets the needs of his wife and children. The woman’s role is to acknowledge her husband’s leadership and meet his needs as well as the children’s.

He wants a woman who treats him like a god, but still gets kinky in bed. If he was less educated and younger I would think he just didn't realize how that sounded, but I think he knows.

This guy is a therapist? That's really scary. I can only imagine what his "therapy" entails.

"Jane, your depression is the result of your overwhelming sin. Be more submissive to your husband, and the Lord will cure you."

"John, drinking is a sin. Find an older spiritual man to mentor you and become the spiritual headship that God intends for married men."

:puke-front:

I do think the comment in the OP is about sex.

What a strange series! I have no idea what that guy means by the bolded sentence, but there were several strange answers. Strange to the point where I was starting to get an ever so slight pinging of my gaydar. Actor, likes drama films, notices hair and fashion on women. Nothing definitive, but ....

Then I read a couple of the other guys interviews. Where does she find these jerks? I wouldn't touch any of them with a 12 foot pole. Especially the one who thought college for girls was pointless and a "spendy" waste of 2 years. (I guess a degree is totally out of the question)

I agree with you - The one who really irked me was the guy who said that if a woman wants to be a homeschooling mum, then college is a waste of money.. Seriously?

What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife?

She MUST also know what to do during our “special momentsâ€

How exactly is he going to discern this in fundy-land (if he can't even TOUCH the girl prior to marriage)?????????

No, that sounds totally pervy to me. Coupled with the spilling bit, hello nightmares!

How is she supposed to know this when she may not be 100% sure of the mechanics? Fundie men don't ask for much, do they *rolling eyes*

How exactly is he going to discern this in fundy-land (if he can't even TOUCH the girl prior to marriage)?????????

Even more to the point, how is SHE supposed to know?

I don't know how educated he could possibly be if he calls men "hunter-gatherers" (sic). Men were the hunters, women were the gatherers. And it was the women who provided most of the calories for the tribe, IIRC.

What is your view on college for girls?

College is great for girls. Many studies show college education boosts a woman’s confidence and chances of success as a wife and parent. So yes, I prefer a girl with college education, preferably at my education level

At least he thinks that his future bride should have an education.

i totally got the sexual vibe from that quote, too. considering his attitude toward women i definitely wouldn't want therapy from him.

See, it still ends up being the lady's fault however the marriage doesn't make it to his standards.

And he can get a job with Marcus Bachman's clinic.

That is what I am getting too. Especially with this answer:

14) What do you think the man’s role is in the home – compared to the woman’s?

The man is the hunter-gatherer and leader of the pack, he brings home the resources, guides his family, and meets the needs of his wife and children. The woman’s role is to acknowledge her husband’s leadership and meet his needs as well as the children’s.

He wants a woman who treats him like a god, but still gets kinky in bed. If he was less educated and younger I would think he just didn't realize how that sounded, but I think he knows.

Well, he's never really studied a hunter-gatherer society.

She MUST also know what to do during our “special moments†and just be herself.

Sex.

There is nothing else he could be talking about.

16) A lot of guys like using sarcasm around girls…do you know why that is? We use it to measure the girl’s sensitivity and tolerance level, and to see what her sense of humor is.

The young woman's question surprised me. Some individuals have a sarcastic sense of humor. My husband and three of our kids are just naturally sarcastic. They aren't mean, but that's just the way they joke around. It has nothing to do with their sex or testing other people.

Traditionally, I think that women have been discouraged from being sarcastic. Thankfully, that is changing.

It's possible that she hasn't been allowed to develop her own humor so is surprised by sarcasm or she just is a naturally unsarcastic person(nothing wrong with that). A third possibility is that fundie boys use humor to disrespect girls. Either way, sarcasm is not sex linked.

I was born sarcastic. I get it from my papa. My husband loves it about me and says my sarcastic humor was one of the first things that attracted him to me. And I can still make him laugh.

I think sarcasm is an art form.

She MUST also know what to do during our “special moments†and just be herself.

Maybe he likes peccatum contra naturam (the sin against nature, after Thomas Aquinas) or Sodomitica luxuria (sodomitical lusts, in one of Charlemagne's ordinances), or peccatum illud horribile, inter christianos non nominandum (that horrible sin that among Christians is not to be named), aka the back door.

Archived