IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

Oh wow, Kristina in pants! Look at her. She looks great. Never thought I'd see my gateway fundie in pants!

I do genuinely feel bad that they seem to have been negatively affected by people's comments on their family. It would be hard to have this type of family drama go on with the whole world (well, a small fundie-obsessed world...) watching. Hope they all make it out OK, especially the kids.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh wow, Kristina in pants! Look at her. She looks great. Never thought I'd see my gateway fundie in pants!

I do genuinely feel bad that they seem to have been negatively affected by people's comments on their family. It would be hard to have this type of family drama go on with the whole world (well, a small fundie-obsessed world...) watching. Hope they all make it out OK, especially the kids.

The majority of what is going on with this family is put 'out there' for 'everyone' to watch by them. They make it public. Kristina made a point of posting on her blog and Facebook 'in defense' of Ronnie and Tashia then they posted their own 'defense'. If there is added damage due to people watching/talking about them, it's their own fault entirely.

Put your shit online but you can't possibly be surprised when others come along and smear it around as they walk through it.

I'm sure it is hard to have strangers know such personal family details. This is made worse since they held themselves up as holier than the rest of us heathens. They were so sure they had the "right" way to live, find a spouse and have children but they ended up with more drama than an episode of Maury.

I looked up Kristina's original stance on pants:

I believe that pants and shorts are immodest due to the fact that it out lines and shapes the legs of a woman and her private area. I have studied this topic personally as has several other woman I know that I have great respect for. If you study the dress of the Bible era you will find that anything above the ankles of the woman was considered immodest

I wonder what happened. :think: That would be a interesting blog post, explaining how she transitioned from "long, flowing skirts only" to fairly form fitting pants. Skimming through the old threads there were lots of Free Jingerians (Christians even!) who pointed out the problems with her translation of the Bible regarding pants, I wonder if she has ever read those threads and cringed at her answers.

Some new info re: the child custody:

From my understanding the signing of rights came about because Jessica did and does not trust him around the girls because there was an incident were the middle child was choking on a penny because he was to busy with his game system. . And his visit have to be approved by Jessica in advance and her mother is always present

Also he's quite the stand up guy. Wanting to get back with Jessica and having this out there: pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=83357190

About Ron

I am 28 years old and loving life. I was in law enforcement for 4.5 years and decided to take a break for a while. I am currently looking for a job. I love hanging out and playing video games and playing my piano. I actually play 8 different musical instruments. I just got out of a relationship where my girlfriend was cheating on me so I am right no just looking to be friends. If it turns into something else then so be it. That would be great.

Oh my fucking god. I am so glad I wasn't eating or drinking when I read that. Ronnie Brown on Plenty of Fish. How fundie-licious!

I wonder if he tells the girls there is a six inch rule? Or, does that only apply to virgins? Can he have sex before marriage now, since his virginity ship sailed?

I have so many things running through my head...I can't. I just...can't.

:teasing-knob:

The majority of what is going on with this family is put 'out there' for 'everyone' to watch by them. They make it public. Kristina made a point of posting on her blog and Facebook 'in defense' of Ronnie and Tashia then they posted their own 'defense'. If there is added damage due to people watching/talking about them, it's their own fault entirely.

Put your shit online but you can't possibly be surprised when others come along and smear it around as they walk through it.

The first time I ever "found" Kristina was way back when she was engaged in the Arby's/ruler era (from another website, not FJ). That was probably 5? 6? years ago, and I had no context of "fundie culture" besides watching the Duggars on and off. Back then, I got the impression her blog, like most fundie blogs, was more of a way of communicating family happenings with friends and family, not especially tailored for "the public," though of course they didn't do anything to stop people from seeing it, either. I was totally enthralled by her bizarre story but even then I felt bad that she was essentially developmentally just an immature teenager and people were REALLY picking her apart. People made rude comments about her and her husband and then her children. (Again, this was on another site, not FJ, so maybe on FJ people were kinder).

So, in that respect, I think it was unexpected that they entered this realm of public speculation and that they've just dealt with it as they go, and usually not very well. I don't really think it should be a surprise that she feels defensive over her family members. It's hard for anyone to deal with family drama, much less a highly uneducated and sheltered fundie, much less one who's probably rarely had more than a 30 second conversation at the grocery store with a non-Christian. I can only imagine that when your perspective of the real world involves getting engaged a 6" ruler away from your husband at an Arby's, dealing with stuff like divorce, cheating, and out of wedlock children really shakes your world, so I hope she's doing OK. Of course I also hope that wearing pants signifies a bit of a shift in a slightly less fundie direction, but only time will tell...

I don't buy the surrendering of rights in lieu of child support. I live in Georgia and work in an area in which I see a lot of family law work first hand. I pretty much assume Jessica would be eligible for our services, and I live in the same county as the new wife. Georgia is strict about child support and fathers' obligations. In fact, if you are a child's legal father, even if you have been deceived by the mother into legitimizing children that are not yours, you are stuck with child support obligations. The statute for termination typically applies to adoption cases or cases of extreme abuse & neglect- and I mean extreme. Georgia courts do not allow fathers - or mothers- to terminate rights to avoid financial obligations.

I actually know some of the lawyers answering questions on this forum-they are legit:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/my-so ... 31993.html

I don't think we can assume that her wearing pants has anything to do with her daily habits -- it was a costume for HalloweenTrunk or Treat.

As for the rest -- I can't even.

Oh my fucking god. I am so glad I wasn't eating or drinking when I read that. Ronnie Brown on Plenty of Fish. How fundie-licious!

I wonder if he tells the girls there is a six inch rule? Or, does that only apply to virgins? Can he have sex before marriage now, since his virginity ship sailed?

I have so many things running through my head...I can't. I just...can't.

:teasing-knob:

Apparently there is no longer a 6" rule, at least when it comes to people he meets on PoF ;)

Who decides to "take a break" from their job like that? I wonder if there is more to the story. Could be depression issues. He seems to be in a downward spiral. This is a tragic situation that shows what the patriarchy/quiverfull teachings can do to people.

He also moved from Newnan to a fairly big city in the Midwest (can't remember where exactly). How easy is it too just pick up and move in halfway across the country when you have a job like he did? Especially in this financial climate?

I have no idea how the system works in the US but I should it's more probably complicated than the Australian system (it usually is since there's ten times as many ppl and more states with more power) but here I can't see it happening without a fair bit of time and a hell of a lot of paperwork.

I get the feeling he decided to move states in an effort to get as far away from his ex and kids as possible, bugger the job. In fact,just can see him being the type to deliberately earn as little as possible if it meant not having to send her anything (never mind it's for the kids).

Some new info re: the child custody:

Also he's quite the stand up guy. Wanting to get back with Jessica and having this out there: pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=83357190

That profile! :wtf:

I guess this would be mine:

Well, golly gee, I'm kinda tired of working today. I think I'm just gonna "take a break" and see how that works out for me. I think my new hobby will be reading. Yup. I am a huge bookworm and have a backlog of books that could fit inside a small moving van, so that is going to be my main focus. If my headship doesn't like it, too bad. He can take me to court, where I will relinquish my rights to my children and have no further responsiblities to pretty much anything, apparently. No thank on a relationship right now, I have my books. But if I could get a get a good roll in the hay every once a while, that would be great.

Again, WHAT THE FUCK?

Those poor kids. And Jessica.

ETA: I guess if we are asking this source questions, I am curious to hear how the Brown family is taking this? Aren't they disappointed about not seeing their granddaughters and nieces? How do they feel about Ron being a jerk who refuses to take care of them and has now basically left his babies in the dust?

I had my suspicions. The only recent-looking photos he has with his kids look like they were taken at a fast-food restaurant, and you can see Jessica and her mother in the background. What kind of adult man who's a father gets himself into these situations? Buddy, it's your job to love/support/protect them. Period. What the hell. *headdesk*

This is the newest contact I've had. She is putting it out there, but is not ready to join the forum yet, so will still be answering questions the way she's been doing it for now. I have verified her, as I've said:

None of Ronnies family knows he signed over rights

And when it comes to how they are taking not seeing the kids I got the impression since I have spent a great deal of time around they blamed everything on Jessica and they could care less. Same goes for Ronnie, he forgot to call his oldest for her birthday, but he damn sure didn't. Forget what date the new video game came out,. I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there, I'm Tasha nice to meet you all. This whole family is a train wreck. And I'm ashamed to say I was even involved with them, but hey at least I see how fucking shot out they are now.

And Ronnie didnt decide to take a break from police work.. he was fired for lying under an investigation. Actions unbecoming of an officer

Wow. Um wow to all of this. Hi Tasha, nice to meet you, too. Be glad that you hopped off this train wreck and can just now watch it happen. Take care of your own sweet babies and know that many of us here did feel tremendous sorrow for the loss of your baby months ago.

Please be aware that Kristina and Ron and any of their family can see these posts as well.

Ron sounds like an immature little boy who royally fucked up his career.

Oh now that Tashia has revealed who she is, I can also tell you that apparently he asked her sister to "hang out" after they broke up. I have a screenshot, but can't post it atm because of the personal information on it and I don't have time to edit it right this second. I will post it after my dr. appt. though.

This is what it says:

I just told her I liked her that's all....and I asked her if she wanted to hang out some time as a friend I'm open........So go fuck yourself and let me live my life the way I want to. I don't interfere with your life so don't mine.

The Brown parents should be so proud of how their good godly Christian upbringing did with this young man.

Did he court Jessica, btw?

Oh now that Tashia has revealed who she is, I can also tell you that apparently he asked her sister to "hang out" after they broke up. I have a screenshot, but can't post it atm because of the personal information on it and I don't have time to edit it right this second. I will post it after my dr. appt. though.

This is what it says:

The Brown parents should be so proud of how their good godly Christian upbringing did with this young man.

Did he court Jessica, btw?

I think somewhere on K's old blog, she has a post about Ron and Jessica's engagement, and he is handing her what she thinks is a card to celebrate their courtship (3 or 4 months I think?), but surprise! there is a proposal inside. I would look for the link, but I don't have time to fall down that beef 'n' cheddar rabbit hole right now.

I just told her I liked her that's all....and I asked her if she wanted to hang out some time as a friend I'm open........So go fuck yourself and let me live my life the way I want to. I don't interfere with your life so don't mine.

Nice way to talk to the mother of your children, Ronnie.

And to you, Tasha, good luck to you and your babies. Don't be afraid to seek assistance when you need it. We're all rooting for you here and wish you the very best.

Tashia, I wish you the best and I am very glad you have gotten away from this train wreck of a family.

If you don't mind answering, but did you realize the quiverfull/patriarchal/fundie background of this family when you started dating Ron?

Hi Tashia,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds as though Ronnie is a real peach and you are lucky not to have him in your life any more.

Just a quick clarification of terms question. It sounds to me more that Ronnie may have given up all custodial (not parental) rights, and agreed to supervised visitation, in return for Jessica not aggressively pursuing child support. Is it possible that you are confusing the legal terms and this is what happened?

Edit to correct her name.

Nice way to talk to the mother of your children, Ronnie.

And to you, Tasha, good luck to you and your babies. Don't be afraid to seek assistance when you need it. We're all rooting for you here and wish you the very best.

Sorry I was unclear. The message

Ronnie sent was to Tashia's sister not Jessica's.

I think somewhere on K's old blog, she has a post about Ron and Jessica's engagement, and he is handing her what she thinks is a card to celebrate their courtship (3 or 4 months I think?), but surprise! there is a proposal inside. I would look for the link, but I don't have time to fall down that beef 'n' cheddar rabbit hole right now.

Yep. Full courtship, no touching, first kiss at the altar, and the whole caboodle. The wedding description is on Sis. Julie's blog. Scroll down the page for several posts. juliesjewels062694.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Sorry I was unclear. The message

Ronnie sent was to Tashia's sister not Jessica's.

Oh, oh, I stand corrected. This whole mess is confusing as heck.

I was just coming over here to give some updates but I see I need to get caught up. LOL

Kristina keeps saying she deleted all the bad folks off her FB. Um if bad folks mean ones that don't agree with their craziness then no she didn't. Hi Kristina we are all still there. :cracking-up:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived