IGNORED

12-year-old missing boy/ Hit with PVC/ Pearls (MERGED)

DGayle

I thought of the Pearls too! I'm one of the few who likes Nancy, but not all of her antics. I didn't like this one, but honestly I was avoiding the case until she did that. I'm glad it at least shined a light on this case, and the fact that the boy was found in his father house.

I really try hard to pass judge on how people react to news. But the way the father reacted when he found out his son was found sent up red flags for me. He stayed in front of the camera and only made the phone call when Nancy Grace suggested it. I would think being told my missing child was found would result me in jumping up and demanding a phone.

• 3 weeks later...

That poor kid. :(

I hope that for the rest of his life, he will be around people who are kind and not hurtful to him. And I hope he gets whatever help he needs in healing from what his family did to him.

"She allegedly ordered him into the basement, threatened him to not come out and he stayed down there for 11 days. Even listening to that statement doesn't seem believable. What 12-year-old boy is going to listen to his stepmom to stay in the basement for 11 days?"

^^Says the stepmother's attorney.

Er, how about a child whose stepmother physically abuses him and threatens his life?

Poor kid :(

Quote from the stepmom's attorney: Magidson further states that the family used corporal punishment as a form of discipline for the 12-year-old boy.

"There will be evidence of corporal punishment but they're not denying that and corporal punishment is legal," he says.

Corporal punishment may be legal, but torture is not. What the boy describes is clearly torture, especially being beaten on the soles of his feet.

Something incredibly weird and unhealthy was happening in that house. Wonder if the real story will ever come out?

Alba and howl already hit two of the quotes I was going to copy, as well as what I was going to say.

Know what sucks? Driving pipes into those monsters' chests, beating the fuck out of them, and making them do that exercise, would be cruel and unusual punishment, yet they were fine doing that to a child. I wish we had an eye-for-and-eye law where whatever you do to a child is done to you as punishment.

Alba and howl already hit two of the quotes I was going to copy, as well as what I was going to say.

Know what sucks? Driving pipes into those monsters' chests, beating the fuck out of them, and making them do that exercise, would be cruel and unusual punishment, yet they were fine doing that to a child. I wish we had an eye-for-and-eye law where whatever you do to a child is done to you as punishment.

And we will be no better than them. Because we are better than this people, we know that violence is unnacceptable. If we hit them, we're like them. Let be human being, and punish them with dignity and no animality.

(even if in my head, I want to see them burning in hell.)

In an American prison, he'll have access to things that Americans who are law-abiding don't have. I don't care about "being better than him." All that does is send a message to other abusers that the worst they'll get is some time in an air-conditioned jail with cable, access to college, top-notch medical care, and the right to sue, on the taxpayers' dime, because only having creamy peanut butter is a human right's violation. I think fewer people would abuse if they knew the penalty is to get the treatment they gave to innocent children.

I am more concerned with deterring people from abusing children than I am with making the abusers feel comfortable.

In an American prison, he'll have access to things that Americans who are law-abiding don't have. I don't care about "being better than him." All that does is send a message to other abusers that the worst they'll get is some time in an air-conditioned jail with cable, access to college, top-notch medical care, and the right to sue, on the taxpayers' dime, because only having creamy peanut butter is a human right's violation. I think fewer people would abuse if they knew the penalty is to get the treatment they gave to innocent children.

I am more concerned with deterring people from abusing children than I am with making the abusers feel comfortable.

It will change nothing.

Oh, it will just traumatized more some children (not all, but it was my case) who were emotionally attached to their abuser. It was my case. I love the people who abuse them, and I cry every night knowing they were in prison (btw, in our prison, prisonner just die of common disease because nobody cares about them). Thanks to god, I didn't live in a country directed by your ideas, so some psy help me to understand what was wrong. I try to imagine myself in your world. "Starving and beating you until you nearly die is bad, because starving and beating are wrong. And that's what we will starve and beat them." It makes sense like the "you kill someone, killing people is wrong, so we will kill you" or the "you hit your little brother, hitting people is wrong, so I will hitt you to make you understand how hitting is wrong"

But in our day, people cares more about vengeance than helping the children after abuse.

(also, you don't want to be better than a man who beat his child ???)

This happened not too far from me. I'm glad he's safe with his biological mother now.

Attorneys like that make me gag and feel embarrassed for the collective legal profession...

This happened not too far from me. I'm glad he's safe with his biological mother now.

Attorneys like that make me gag and feel embarrassed for the collective legal profession...

I don't know how attorney for child abuser can work...

I hope this poor boy is doing well, reassured, cured and loved.

It's been a while since I've looked at the statistics, but I seem to recall reading that harsher penalties do not actually deter crime.

Besides, from what I hear, child abusers in prison get exactly what they deserve. They're the lowest of the low ok the totem pole. So says my friend in prison, anyway(no he is not in there for child abuse or a sex crime.)

This is a horrific thing to happen but those calling for similar punishment remind me of this quote:

gandhi-quote.png

• 7 months later...

The parents have been charged with torture and child abuse.

cbsnews.com/news/torture-charges-for-dad-stepmom-of-detroit-boy-in-basement/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2961626/Father-stepmom-charged-case-Detroit-boy-basement.html

The parents have been charged with torture and child abuse.

cbsnews.com/news/torture-charges-for-dad-stepmom-of-detroit-boy-in-basement/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2961626/Father-stepmom-charged-case-Detroit-boy-basement.html

Why did that take so long? So very glad to see they are facing charges plus termination of parental rights to all the children.

Did they ever determine whether the parents had read Pearl's child-torture manual?

I have never seen it confirmed but the pvc pipe is condemning. I know a lot of parents who think spanking or beating is good parenting, but the only use of pvc pipe I've ever heard of is from the Pearls.

I had a friend recommend this method (pvc spanking) and she ran me all through how to do it for my son who was about 10 at the time. After I realized on my own this was bad and abusive, I later found the Pearls and their website and their book. Then I went back to the friend and asked her about it. By then she had also given it up.

The Pearls need to be shut down completely IMO. Their method is psychological abuse and torture. I was so heartbroken and sick that I'd used their ideas, even if I hadn't known at the time. That friend and I drifted apart very quickly after that.

Even if no link to the Pearls can be proven, it's close enough to use it as a reason to not follow the Pearls method.

Archived