IGNORED

12-year-old missing boy/ Hit with PVC/ Pearls (MERGED)

DGayle

I saw this and thought the exact. same. thing.

As an aside, Nancy Grace should be taken out behind a shed and put down for the stunt she pulled telling that father his son was found only when he came on the air. And only adding 'Found ALIVE' after a good long dramatic pause, with the father clutching his chest.

Some choice quotes from the link above:

"Police say Charlie was home schooled and subjected to an exercise regime, though further details were not provided."

"Action News has also learned of a new twist in the case. The uncle of Monique Charlie's stepmother has a listed address three doors away from where the search had been going on.

That home is the end unit of the same condominium building. The units are connected by an underground hallway.

Charlie's stepmother's uncle is Detroit attorney Godfrey Dillard. Action News reached him on the phone to ask about the case and Monique, and he refused to comment."

As they say in Texas, this case has more turns than a barrel full of snakes and I bet, as my best friend likes to say, "More will be revealed..."

As an aside, Nancy Grace should be taken out behind a shed and put down for the stunt she pulled telling that father his son was found only when he came on the air. And only adding 'Found ALIVE' after a good long dramatic pause, with the father clutching his chest.

So glad I'm not the only one who found Grace's behavior inappropriate! And she immediately went the abuse route. Unfortunately that seems to be true, but I thought it was pretty abrupt. The kid could have been hiding down there, trapped somewhere...etc.

Bitch (Nancy Grace that is)! My relatives in Detroit are also saying this story is big news there. I smell something fishy here. Part of me can't help but wonder if this is some kind of sick hoax a la boy in the balloon. I mean, where was he for those 11 days?

I'm not saying there wasn't abuse. Clearly things are pointing to that. It's the child found in the basement 11 days later and after the house was searched that makes me wonder.

Nancy Grace is a bitch. As a conservative, christian woman, I am embarrassed that she is even part of the same species as me. I really wish the media would stop giving her a platform in which to speak.

Nancy Grace is a self important wench.

The case is getting big coverage up here. I also loved how Guy Gordon was there and made sure the camera crew moved around for the best shot. :roll:

Bitch (Nancy Grace that is)! My relatives in Detroit are also saying this story is big news there. I smell something fishy here. Part of me can't help but wonder if this is some kind of sick hoax a la boy in the balloon. I mean, where was he for those 11 days?

I'm not saying there wasn't abuse. Clearly things are pointing to that. It's the child found in the basement 11 days later and after the house was searched that makes me wonder.

Part of me also thinks this is an elaborate hoax like Balloon Boy was. That certainly doesn't rule out abuse, which seems just as likely since the other children were removed from the home. I almost didn't watch because I can't stand Nancy Grace.

This story is so F'ed up. NG will do whatever she can to get her nose in everyone's business. She's so unprofessional. Yet they keep her going.

Nancy Grace is seriously one of my least favorite people on the planet. But this story is sad and crazy without her involvement.

That poor child. WTF is wrong with people?

I always feel compelled to point out that Michael Pearl does not, as far as I know, recommend PVC pipe for whipping children.

He does recommend 1/4-inch flexible plumbing supply line:

nogreaterjoy.org/articles/questions-answered/

I can certainly see how both his followers and detractors can mistakenly think he meant hard PVC pipe.

And, he certainly recommends other things that are hard and solid:

Select your instrument according to the child's size. For the under one year old, a little, ten- to twelve-inch long, willowy branch (striped of any knots that might break the skin) about one-eighth inch diameter is sufficient. Sometimes alternatives have to be sought. A one-foot ruler, or its equivalent in a paddle, is a sufficient alternative. For the larger child, a belt or larger tree branch is effective.

It doesn't make Pearl any less of a heinous monster, I just never want him to have leg to stand on to say that he is blameless because his detractors accused him of recommending a particular weapon he didn't recommend.

What a horrible story. Thinking many good thoughts and praying many prayers for this kid to get great help, and to have many good experiences in his life from now on.

I suspect there is much more to this story, and we are still far from knowing all the abuse that has gone on.

I can't imagine hitting my 18 month old with a willowy branch, let alone a child UNDER one. Why would you even HIT a child? Even if you believe in spanking, why would you hit a BABY!? Or ANY child with a BRANCH!? (I'm assuming he means like a switch, but still)

I know, I know, because these people are sick fucks. Doesn't make it any easier to believe.

I don't understand why the other children were still in the home up until the hearing if the police had been told several days earlier that the dad hit his kid with a PVC pipe? That can't possibly be legal, can it?

I can't imagine hitting my 18 month old with a willowy branch, let alone a child UNDER one. Why would you even HIT a child? Even if you believe in spanking, why would you hit a BABY!? Or ANY child with a BRANCH!? (I'm assuming he means like a switch, but still)

I know, I know, because these people are sick fucks. Doesn't make it any easier to believe.

When I was a kid, spanking was the norm, but never with a switch, and never until a child was old enough for misbehavior to be a deliberate decision. Babies can't willfully misbehave when they aren't yet capable of understanding!

I don't understand why the other children were still in the home up until the hearing if the police had been told several days earlier that the dad hit his kid with a PVC pipe? That can't possibly be legal, can it?

Typically they can only remove children in active risk of harm. It's disturbing.

The petition says that when Charlie was taken to Children’s Hospital of Michigan for treatment, a doctor observed a half-circular scar on the child’s chest. Charlie said the scar was “a result of his father driving a PVC pipe into his chest,†according to the petition, which also says the child also had old scars on his buttocks from being hit with the pipe.

Give those freaks their fair trial, then take them back out and beat them to death. Driving a pipe into a child's chest should get you executed immediately. And if the courts don't want to pass that sentence, then toss them to the general population and let the others take care of the problem.

Since I don't believe in burning or banning books that I disagree with ("where they burn books, they will soon burn people"), I think that the Pearls' book should come with a disclaimer showing pictures of the children who died and their "parents'" mugshots and sentences.

I have the perfect use for the Pearls book: put it in a paper bag and let the feline headship shred it. It would be the perfect cat toy.

Archived