IGNORED

Tabby is on Facebook!

Mary C Doates

Just in time for Shabbat, too! Tabby led me to FJ during her tantrum about how mean people here were being to her, so I'll always have a special place for her in my heart. She's come a long way (well, for her) in the past couple of years--divorce, training to be a midwife, and accepting of her decidedly non-fundie kids. Still pretty out there, though.

Can't link directly from my phone, but a Facebook search for Tabaitha Brown will bring her up. Page is public (for now, anyway).

Yay!

Thank you, Mary; this should be a gold mine!

ETA: I'm having trouble finding it. If someone does, could they please post a link? Thanks!

I'm having trouble too. There are a gazillion fb names of Tabitha Brown and after scrolling though for a minute or so, I still couldn't find her. Hopefully, some else can find it.

DWT I recommend alcohol before and during your reading of this facebookery :cray-cray:

It's not coming up for me, even when I put the correct spelling in. I really want to see it!

DWT I recommend alcohol before and during your reading of this facebookery :cray-cray:

Her FB page is actually more organized than her web page, but that's probably because the FB page is pretty new. She's off to a stellar start, though.

Highly recommend her website for the complete effect. Take Dramamine first:

plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com

How did I just know that the modest dress posts would be offset by pics of a gaping vulva? Oh, Tabby... Never change.

:roll: :roll: Uhh...this caught my attention:

post-8463-14451999035453_thumb.jpg

OK this is kinda OT but I'll ask anyway. I don't have a facebook account -- so when I go to a link like what is posted above, I can see a cover page of a sort, where it says which books and movies etc the person likes.

Is it a given that even a public facebook page can't be seen in any greater detail than that unless one has an account?

I have noticed that when someone links to a specific conversation on FB I can often see it, but I can't seem to navigate anywhere from these cover pages.

Is there anything useful I can do to see more of people's public accounts, short of creating an account of my own?

Thanks everyone for the social media lesson :embarrassed:

Signed, Church of Dog the semi-Luddite

Why don't these women (tabby and candy) realize their ugly crassness is against everything they claim to stand for? (feminine, submissive, gentle, honoring to God) I have a relative like that too. It's just repulsive.

Why don't these women (tabby and candy) realize their ugly crassness is against everything they claim to stand for? (feminine, submissive, gentle, honoring to God) I have a relative like that too. It's just repulsive.

She looks about as feminine as an ammunitions factory worker in the Soviet Union circa 1943. And she's got the rigid belief system to go along with that "style."

She fell for the cattle guard joke, which has been around since Nixon, I think.

And I didn't realize she was nearby - I'm surrounded by fundies (no surprise there, sadly).

She looks about as feminine as an ammunitions factory worker in the Soviet Union circa 1943.

Oh dear! I nearly ruined a perfectly good iPad after snorting coffee out of my nose after reading that. Now I feel really mean :(

Oh Tabby, I do have a soft spot for her. I always loved her cosmic Jesus art in her virtually unreadable blog. I'll have to now go down her Facebook rabbit hole...

post-10046-14451999038012_thumb.jpg

oh my gosh i forgot that friending her would put the updates in my newsfeed. Facebooking while drinking coffee/eating breakfast = no i don't want to see disgusting birth videos. :doh:

Oh Tabby, I do have a soft spot for her. I always loved her cosmic Jesus art in her virtually unreadable blog. I'll have to now go down her Facebook rabbit hole...

I kind of like her *hangs head in shame*. :embarrassed:

Yes, she has despicable views and would be the first to tell me that I'm going to hell (well, maybe she'd be third in line, after the Maxwells and Ray Comfort), but she really does seem to struggle with her personal life and her religious beliefs. She's patched together a system that seems to give her comfort, but I'm not entirely convinced that she is so entrenched in her beliefs that she could not change with more exposure to other ideas. She adds and changes ideas often, so there is potential for some evolution--Tabby would shudder at the word--in her way of thinking. I never would have expected her to leave her husband, move into a shelter, divorce, and set off on her own. Her kids seem to be encouraging her to move away from her previously sheltered life as well. I'm not excusing her, but I'm secretly hopeful for her.

I'm happy to snark on her in the meantime, though!

If anything, Tabby is creative. I love her Passover Triscuits!

Beautiful :roll:

[attachment=0]10390346_332613516885957_439599636136702168_n.jpg[/attachment]

Hey, now we can picture the Elisha's Chariots of Fire monstrosity that Jan Crouch was planning for the Holy Land Experience!

Archived