IGNORED

Rick Perry: Homosexuality is like Alcoholism

Ralar

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, during a visit that focused primarily on economic issues, drew on a reference to alcoholism to explain his view of homosexuality. Perry's comments to the Commonwealth Club of California came after Texas' Republican Convention on Saturday sanctioned platform language allowing Texans to seek voluntary counseling to "cure" being gay.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/In-S-F-Rick-Perry-compares-homosexuality-to-5546544.php

This made front page news here in Canada.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/06/12/te ... alcoholism

Republicans are not that stupid, are they? Has he just shot himself in the foot for possible presidential candidacy?

He could do well in the primaries, depending on who he is up against, fundraising, who his consultants are etc.

Not sure if he could win on a national level, but he would no doubt carry the deep red states.

The man is a flaming hypocrite, and is only in politics for the power. He gives not one shit about the people of Texas.

It's really disrespectful to compare homosexuality to a person with alcoholism, which is a disease. Homosexuality isn't a disease. Since the GOP love talking about gay people so much, they must be hiding something.

If you choose to be gay, I wonder if he realizes the default is bi, and you choose from there. I wonder when he chose to be straight.

If you choose to be gay, I wonder if he realizes the default is bi, and you choose from there. I wonder when he chose to be straight.

It's pretty obvious that anyone who says sexuality is a choice is bisexual and did make a choice. But are they really so relaxed about it that they're happy to tell the world and its dog that they feel same sex attraction? Or are they just really stupid? Because there are quite a lot of people who aren't even vaguely bisexual. We understand your sexuality is hard wired and for us choosing to find a different set of equipment and traits attractive is incomprehensible. If it suddenly became illegal to be straight I'd be celibate, and miserable.

Archived