IGNORED

Dr Drew talking about Michael and Debi Pearl

paintergurl

A quick summary...He and his panel were discussing the two horribly abused little girls (aged 11 and 13), at the hands of their hyper-religious foster parents. Apparently, neither neighbors nor babysitters were aware of the abuse going on. Dr. Drew spoke about people who use religion to inflict abuse. Briefly, he spoke of a time when Michael Pearl came on his show to explain the purpose of using a plumbing line to effectively train a godly child. Drew said his wrist hurt for 3 days after Michael 'switched' him.

There was also a 22 yr old girl in the home. The entire panel felt she should be accountable to report the abuse, but then guessed maybe she could also have been a product of her parents psychopathy.

It's always good to know that more people will be aware of the Pearl's abusive methods.

Ugh. I missed it. I don't understand how no one knew. Wasn't one child frequently locked outside naked? They were both severely underweight ? I don't get it.

I don't really like Dr. Drew, but anyone in the public eye that makes others aware of the abuse that the Pearls propagate is fine by me.

Archived