IGNORED

LOLDOUG

Guest purposing

Doug Phillips is the tooliest tool in all Tooldom.

In other news, Doug Phillips is a tool.

That is all. :music-tool:

The latest from Doug (Phillips is a tool)'s blog:

Join Vision Forum Ministries for the great summer event of 2013 — the History of America Mega-Conference!

Our nation plays an important part in God’s unfolding story, and many of you have joined us on past family vacations in Boston, Jamestown, and beyond to celebrate America’s God-blessed heritage.

This July 2-6, we’ll gather in historic Pennsylvania for another such grand remembrance.

Come to learn — and dress in costume as a family. Celebrate the 4th of July with us in patriotic attire. Enjoy music from America’s past. And take the field for a historic reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg.

In addition to exciting reenactments, music, and costume events, our distinguished faculty will present more than 50 lectures, tracing America’s providential history — from its early founding to its recent decline.

What's with the costumes? It sounds like learning about history (or, since it's Vision Forum, "history") is an after-thought to dressing up and prancing around. People dying at Gettysburg=let's have a costume party!

I'd be interested in what types of costumes Doug Phillips (who is a tool) would wear to represent American history's "recent decline"...

Because Google seems to need reminding: Doug Phillips is a tool.

Google is suspiciously unaware of the fact that Doug Phillips is a tool. It never appears until you've typed in the "i" in "is". I wonder if Doug Phillips is a tool complained to Google and had it permanently bumped down or something. Doug Phillips is a tool.

Google[bot] why hath thou forsaken me? Verily you know that Doug Phillips is a Tool!

On a different note, the google image search for "doug phillips vision forum" is looking pretty sweet.

post-76-14451997850954_thumb.jpg

When I typed Doug Phillips (is a tool) into Google without the "is a tool" part, "Is a tool" came up as the second prompt, so I'm pretty sure Doug Phillips is a tool. However, I have been known to type Doug Phillips is a tool into Google before, and I use Chrome, so perhaps Doug Phillips is a tool has just been remembered by my computer or my gmail/google account, but I cannot be certain because Doug Phillips is a tool.

Also, if Doug Phillips is a tool uses my avatar as a dartboard, it would just be more of Doug Phillips is a tool aiming a tiny, pointy object at a woman's vagina and missing. Nothing new.

Hmmm... that is truly unfortunate that google, the knower of all things, is becoming confused.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Yahoo! also suggests that Doug Phillips is a tool when you type the "i" in "is". It does not have quite the array of Doug Phillips is a tool images, although many of them are...toolish.

Someday, Google will offer up "Doug Phillips Is A Tool" when you type in "D". Until then, however, it appears that Google requires frequent practice to make the immediate connection that Doug Phillips = tool--like training a dog to fetch.

Dear Google Bot: Doug Phillips is a tool.

Alas I need to get to the 'i' before google wants search for doug phillips is a tool. However, if I just search for Doug Phillips and scroll down, under 'searches related to doug phillips' 'doug phillips is a tool' is suggested.

I was playing Scrabble earlier, and used the word "toolish". The people I was playing with claimed it wasn't a real word, and challenged me to use in a sentence. I said, "Doug Phillips' obsession with proving his manliness is really toolish". After I explained about Doug Phillips (who is a tool) and his "celebration" of the sinking of the Titanic, "toolish" was ruled permissible. I suspect the other players allowed it mostly to stop me from giving more examples about how Doug Phillips is a tool.

FJ has invaded my recreational pursuits. Damn you, Doug Phillips, who is a tool!

All these shenanigans make me feel bad for my real-life UU church friend Doug Phillips, who is renowned for his Hawaiian shirts and is as far from being a tool as a dude can get.

I had him google The Tool and he was incredulous.

But, by all means, carry on. :salute:

All these shenanigans make me feel bad for my real-life UU church friend Doug Phillips, who is renowned for his Hawaiian shirts and is as far from being a tool as a dude can get.

I had him google The Tool and he was incredulous.

But, by all means, carry on. :salute:

My sympathies to your friend. Sadly, Google is unable to distinguish between lovely Doug Phillipses, and Doug Phllipses who are more...toolish.

I would imagine Doug Phillips (who is a tool) might wear a festive Hawaiian shirt at his "celebration" of Pearl Harbour. Hey, interns! *waves* A new dress-up historical event/free vacation for the (Doug) Phillips (is a tool) family!

Not just a conference, but a MEGA-conference! Five whole days! I love that he calls his pontificating colleagues "faculty" as if, you know, they actually had academic credentials or something. But silly me. Those 50 lectures are probably the equivalent of a PhD in History, right?

• 2 weeks later...

picasaweb.google.com/102487078302228847161/SAICFFAndSanAntonio

More photos can be found here.

The man's expression on the right seems to be enjoying Peter a little more than Kelly would probably like.

post-293-1445199791796_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If this is a representative sampling of what is to come from the VF's history conference, I'm going to be a very happy snarker!

post-76-14451997936621_thumb.png

Thanks, twin2!

o1T8B14.jpg

Of course, Dougie is more like the fake facade the Pimpernel put forward, as a disguise for real heroism:

tumblr_m3qaj2ogRt1qcdnfeo1_400.gif

I would seriously like to shake that man and ask him if he even remotely comes close to understanding what a fool he makes of himself.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I would seriously like to shake that man and ask him if he even remotely comes close to understanding what a fool he makes of himself.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Oh, but I hope you never get the chance. He's so much entertainment, wrapped up in one tidy little man!!!!!! :whistle:

If this is a representative sampling of what is to come from the VF's history conference, I'm going to be a very happy snarker!

[attachment=0]historical doug.PNG[/attachment]

I just had to bump this. Holy shit.