IGNORED

Good news for Ken and Lori Alexander?

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-must-delete-search-results-rules-european-court/

Although, I suppose first they would have to prove that anything they want removed is out of date. And last I knew, Lori is still a bitch who hits babies, so maybe not.

Interesting ruling, but unless they move to Europe it won't help them :) Plus, I don't think it would help them anyway, because we don't allow the posting of private information here. Most of the information here is direct quotes from Lori's own blog or comments she has made elsewhere on the internet. I would think for this type of ruling to work, she would have to scrub her presence from the web.

Plus the only thing it does is remove the links from google. The information is still out there. Anyone finding us through other means would still be able to find all the information.

I would expect a ruling like this to be fought pretty heavily in the US if it was ever tried here.

Bahahaha!

I heard about this on the radio the other day and immediately thought of them.

Yes, it very specifically only applies to Europe and the feeling here is that it's unlikely to be copied in the US- we'll see. But in order for Lori to get all this stuff removed she'll have to delete the blog and then what would all those clueless young Christian [tm][/tm] women do?

Yes, it very specifically only applies to Europe and the feeling here is that it's unlikely to be copied in the US- we'll see. But in order for Lori to get all this stuff removed she'll have to delete the blog and then what would all those clueless young Christian [tm][/tm] women do?

Have better marriages? :nanner-drums: (this is more of a drum roll than a rim shot, so just pretend)

Here's a novel idea. If you don't want your name or any information about you to show up in a search engine, stay off the damn internet. If you post crazy or offensive shit, it's going to spread from website to website. That is beyond Google's (or any search engine's) control. The search engine is just an index.

Here's a novel idea. If you don't want your name or any information about you to show up in a search engine, stay off the damn internet. If you post crazy or offensive shit, it's going to spread from website to website. That is beyond Google's (or any search engine's) control. The search engine is just an index.

Word. On my blog, I keep off any information that could possibly be used to identify me, including unusual names of friends that sound like they'd be easy to find In a google search.

I'm about paranoid about it...

I mean, people who already know me would likely be a me to figure it out, but if I wanted to keep, say, you guys from knowing, it would not be difficult.

Why is that lesson so tough for these people to learn? If you put your life on the internet, people will talk and they will track you.

Archived