IGNORED

A whirlwind - Raising Homemakers

This post just makes me sad.

raisinghomemakers.com/2014/how-a-whirlwind-became-a-homemaker/

It seems like her daughter lost herself and her energy after her second child and her mother seems to think that's a good thing

I couldn't get past the tornado graphic. It's too triggering right now.

That is so sad, and frankly I want to scream to have her thyroid tested.

Or have her complete an inventory for major depressive disorder. :cry:

Oh yes, screen for depression as well, but start with a thyroid panel, since it is often masked and missed by depression, especially post-partum.

How do you explain to someone who is rejoicing in a personality change that personality changes are NOT A GOOD THING????

Seriously, anytime someone fundamentally changes, something has happened to them and it's not about maturity. I was that tornado child, whose parents thought there was nothing right about me. I am a very hyper and on the constant go mother. The years I was not, there was a HUGE problem and it wasn't that I had matured and accepted my lack of value and personhood as a good thing.

Translation:

My daughter was once a vibrant, lovely girl and young woman who was full of life and beauty. But we've figuratively (but possibly also literally) all that out of her and now she's dull, lifeless and hopeless! Puh-RAISE God!

I might get thrown out because of this... BUT... this sentence

She still has loads of energy, but now she uses it with purpose.
made me wonder. Maybe the woman was a little bit hyperactiv and now she really settled down? A friend of mine was like this, even as a child it was too much for me to be around her a lot. She´s grown-up now, has a few kids and is still vibrant and energetic, but the hectic, the frenzy is gone.

But maybe I´m just too idealistic.

I might get thrown out because of this... BUT... this sentence made me wonder. Maybe the woman was a little bit hyperactiv and now she really settled down? A friend of mine was like this, even as a child it was too much for me to be around her a lot. She´s grown-up now, has a few kids and is still vibrant and energetic, but the hectic, the frenzy is gone.

But maybe I´m just too idealistic.

I was thinking along the same lines. It sounds to me like she became more focused. Instead of dragging babies everywhere just to prove she can, she's now being conscious about where she throws all of that energy?

I was thinking along the same lines. It sounds to me like she became more focused. Instead of dragging babies everywhere just to prove she can, she's now being conscious about where she throws all of that energy?

This is how I read it as well, actually. Didn't sound to me as if she'd really lost anything, it just sounded to me as if she'd matured a little and for the moment is channeling her drive and energy into raising her kids.

Maybe I'm too idealistic, too? :lol:

That's pretty much how I read it, too. I saw it as the daughter becoming more mature and focused, not as her somehow losing the best parts of herself.

Suddenly, she stopped running. In her utter helplessness, she finally realized who God was, and she began to worship. Her singing was all about Him, and she sang to Him when she was cooking or cleaning or changing diapers. She also sang in church, so that she could encourage others to worship the God of her dreams.

Today she is finally settled. She isn’t racing or running, she is resting. Her life is all about serving Him, not about chasing her dreams or her “need for speed.†Her family is a priority because she serves God, not the other way around.

It makes me sad. It doesn't sound like maturity, it sounds like Teri Maxwell :| Aside from being pulled over for literally speeding, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her "need for speed". Even mothers can like amusement parks and sing songs that aren't about god.

The author of this post is like many of the fundies we snark about: mean spirited bitch hidden behind a nicely flowered apron.

here is what she wrote about dreams her children had for the future: largefamilymothering.com/2010/09/26/dreams-in-a-dump/

The author of this post is like many of the fundies we snark about: mean spirited bitch hidden behind a nicely flowered apron.

That's exactly how it struck me. I've been to enough lady's conferences to know how these venomous spiders talk, too, with their abnormally soft voices, syrupy sweet tones and lilting smiles before, during and after they plunge that dagger into their victim.

I don't get her bio. She has a total of 15 kids. It says she has 11 children who are homemakers or future homemakers. But she has graduated 8 children from homeschool. So there are 3 kids who are not graduates but they are homemakers or future homemakers (I believe that means courting or engaged)? Or does she think she has a crystal ball and she knows these girls will get married?

I don't get her bio. She has a total of 15 kids. It says she has 11 children who are homemakers or future homemakers. But she has graduated 8 children from homeschool. So there are 3 kids who are not graduates but they are homemakers or future homemakers (I believe that means courting or engaged)? Or does she think she has a crystal ball and she knows these girls will get married?

Guessing the other 4 are boys? After all, boys can't be homemakers :roll:

I don't get her bio. She has a total of 15 kids. It says she has 11 children who are homemakers or future homemakers. But she has graduated 8 children from homeschool. So there are 3 kids who are not graduates but they are homemakers or future homemakers (I believe that means courting or engaged)? Or does she think she has a crystal ball and she knows these girls will get married?[/quote

It's like a math word problem!

She has 15 kids altogether.

Eight of those 15 kids have already graduated from home school.

The other seven are still in home school, or perhaps they attended and graduated from public school.

She has four boys and 11 girls (i.e., future or current home makers)

... I think. I always sucked at word problems.

The feeling I get is her daughter either hit some post-partum depression, or became overwhelmed by taking care of a couple kids. The writer of that post makes it sound like the shift was BAM! All at once. Not a gradual settling down, or a gradual change in interests. The second came, and all of a sudden, no more interest in amusement parts, doing stuff for herself, or anything else.

It seems to me that this woman realizes something is probably wrong, but is rejoicing in the change nonetheless because it toes the party line. She seems almost smug about it, like "See? NOBODY can be that happy all the time". What a nightmare person.

That still leaves 3 that are female children (we know they are female because they are suppose to be homemakers) but they haven't graduated. Did they fail homeschool? Are they underage brides? I mean, my guess is she just assumes they will be homemakers. Not much better really- to have your mother plan your life. The wording is odd- very odd. Kinda creepy.

Female genitalia = future homemaker.

That still leaves 3 that are female children (we know they are female because they are suppose to be homemakers) but they haven't graduated. Did they fail homeschool? Are they underage brides? I mean, my guess is she just assumes they will be homemakers. Not much better really- to have your mother plan your life. The wording is odd- very odd. Kinda creepy.

Yes. This is always the assumption for females in a fundie household. Especially when your mother writes for a blog called "Raising Homemakers" :? Her girls must become wives/mothers to the exclusion of everything else, or she has failed as a mother.

Yes. This is always the assumption for females in a fundie household. Especially when your mother writes for a blog called "Raising Homemakers" :? Her girls must become wives/mothers to the exclusion of everything else, or she has failed as a mother.

Agreed 15 kids total

11 are girls/ homemakers "same difference"

8 graduates= 8 boys of girls of courting age.

3 could just be an emphasis that she has lot of homemakers! Pimpin ain't easy

She would have hated my mother. She taught all of my three older brothers how to cook and clean. It served them well.

Archived