IGNORED

Maxwells vacuum out their cars

tkr322

I would love for them to visit me. I live near tons of mountains so there would be activities. And if they cleaned my house and did yardwork, I might even consider listening to some sermons. I have to put my foot down at burrito slop though. I have my own burrito recipe that I like just fine. It does not involve pureeing anything.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why the hell would Anna need to wash his damn truck? She already cooks his food. He should be thankful and do it himself. It's called taking responsibility for your own shit.

When my kids were young and they were all acting wild, scrubbing a toilet by myself would be considered a treat. Goes back to the need to be alone.

When my kids were young and they were all acting wild, scrubbing a toilet by myself would be considered a treat. Goes back to the need to be alone.

Oh yes! My kids are older now and I still occasionally head out to the garage with the vacuum to clean out my car in blessed peace. The combination of no-fun work and a loud vacuum make me very unlikely to be interrupted. (Sadly, however, I have no photos to offer as proof of this exercise.)

Maybe someone will leave one of those boxes of Swiffer supplies on the Maxwell's porch. But I bet Steve would find it too much fun and Terri would probably make an idol out of the ceiling fan wand.

But what a great book it would make:

"Swiffering with the Moody Family"

No, no, what a great series it would make:

Swiffering in the Spring with the Moodys

Swiffering in the Summer with the Moodys

Swiffering in the Fall with the Moodys

Swiffering in the Winter with the Moodys.

Just imagine the hijinks in the Winter book! The little kids trying to swiffer the Christmas tree. The identical gift of new wipes for each family member. The zany attempt to swiffer 6 feet of snow in the driveway.

No, no, what a great series it would make:

Swiffering in the Spring with the Moodys

Swiffering in the Summer with the Moodys

Swiffering in the Fall with the Moodys

Swiffering in the Winter with the Moodys.

Just imagine the hijinks in the Winter book! The little kids trying to swiffer the Christmas tree. The identical gift of new wipes for each family member. The zany attempt to swiffer 6 feet of snow in the driveway.

Father chides Mother for making an idol of the Febreze-scented ones.

Father chides Mother for making an idol of the Febreze-scented ones.

Don't forget about when the dog eats the box of Swiffer wipes.

Don't forget about when the dog eats the box of Swiffer wipes.

That reminds Mom of that hilarious time she bit into a sandwich only to find someone had left the wrapper on the cheese! Oh, good times, good times...!

Maybe someone will leave one of those boxes of Swiffer supplies on the Maxwell's porch. But I bet Steve would find it too much fun and Terri would probably make an idol out of the ceiling fan wand.

At first I thought that was "Suffering with the Moody Family." Eh--same thing.

SWIFFERING would be far too worldly! They would use whisk brooms made by like-minded families or "special" friends trapped in, say a sheltered setting for the mentally disabled to whom they would bring the good news. But a SWIFFER? Product placement in the Maxwell home?? I think not. That could lead to the work being done quickly and efficiently and therefore could cross the line to F-U-N

For some reason I keep reading the title of this thread as -- Maxwells vacuum out their ears.

Well, it might make for more interesting photos...

I'm probably just tired, but I cackled at the thought of a very special book on housekeeping called "Sweet Swiffering: Preparing Daughters for Life".

Oh yes! My kids are older now and I still occasionally head out to the garage with the vacuum to clean out my car in blessed peace. The combination of no-fun work and a loud vacuum make me very unlikely to be interrupted. (Sadly, however, I have no photos to offer as proof of this exercise.)

I really think that's why the Maxwells find things to clean. Even though they are still in the same house, it's as close to alone time as they are going to get.

First time posting here. Have lived in Lansing, KS the past year (moving next month as we are military) and had my first maxwell sighting today. Saw Teri shopping at local grocery store this morning. She was alone and gave a small smile as I walked by. One interesting thing was she was wearing white Apple earbuds while shopping. Besides that not much else interesting to report. I don't expect to see them again before we move next month.

I wonder what she was listening to. Im guessing it is likely she was listening to the Bible being read out loud to stop her overhearing the conversations of heathen strangers (OMG what if one of them said fuck, or the store had music playing in the background, or someone was talking about the latest episode of a TV show, or a book they read, or mentioned having a boyfriend their parents didn't set them up with). I would love it if she was secretly listening to rock music or something though.

First time posting here. Have lived in Lansing, KS the past year (moving next month as we are military) and had my first maxwell sighting today. Saw Teri shopping at local grocery store this morning. She was alone and gave a small smile as I walked by. One interesting thing was she was wearing white Apple earbuds while shopping. Besides that not much else interesting to report. I don't expect to see them again before we move next month.

Aha! So we have solved the mystery. I posed as a fundie mom and e-mailed Steve awhile back about how they deal with secular music in public places. He gave me a non-answer about not relating to my situation. Anyways, I bet she was listening to the bible to tune out Beyonce. :lol:

Leila, glad to have you here! I bet Lansing has grown a ton since I was there, but how would you know? ;-D

One quick question – Terry looks so bad when she appeared on 19 kids and counting as a member of the background when Josiah graduated – how did she look to you in the grocery store? Tired? Pale? Ashy? You might not even have had a chance to notice. But if you did, I'd be interested. Thank you!

What's funny is the music playing in the store was elevator style (no singing just music) no Beyoncé ;)

She looked fine I guess. I didn't want to stare her down and seem creepy. One thing I did notice was she was wearing hose or tights with sandals that looked like they were made to hike in (keen style). But nothing else stood out.

So, at least we know Teri is allowed out alone now and then.

Maybe she is listening to the recordings Steve made for the children years ago.

Maybe he's still making them, and everyone has to listen now. :(

Wow. And I thought ceiling fan dusting was boring. Whatever will they come up with next, watching paint dry?

Seriously, how do these people keep managing to top themselves (and thereby everyone else) in the boring department?

The bigger question to me is "how do these boring people support themselves by selling this lifestyle to others and just how desperate is their audience/market?"

I'm probably just tired, but I cackled at the thought of a very special book on housekeeping called "Sweet Swiffering: Preparing Daughters for Life".

My title ideas were "Swiffer Your Way to Salvation" or "Things That the Moody's Mistake the Swiffer Pads For" (i.e. toilet paper, Kleenex, or Maxi Pads), prepare yourself for the hilarity or lack of that will ensue.

My title ideas were "Swiffer Your Way to Salvation" or "Things That the Moody's Mistake the Swiffer Pads For" (i.e. toilet paper, Kleenex, or Maxi Pads), prepare yourself for the hilarity or lack of that will ensue.

"Sweet Swiffering: Preparing Daughters for A Life OF SPINSTERHOOD "

Fixed it for you! ; o )

I wonder what she was listening to. Im guessing it is likely she was listening to the Bible being read out loud to stop her overhearing the conversations of heathen strangers (OMG what if one of them said fuck, or the store had music playing in the background, or someone was talking about the latest episode of a TV show, or a book they read, or mentioned having a boyfriend their parents didn't set them up with). I would love it if she was secretly listening to rock music or something though.

She may not have been listening to anything at all. I bet she just had the earbuds in to block out anything wordly she might accidentally overhear.

Archived