IGNORED

Maxwells vacuum out their cars

tkr322

Everyone_Poops.jpg

Steve is decidedly clenched. I'm pretty sure he's the exception to that rule.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a guy in India that hasn't taken a dump in 20 years. He's an ascetic, eats and drinks just enough to stay alive. So it is possible that Steve 2 animal crackers Maxwell does not, in fact, take dumps.

I think watching paint dry is more fun than anything the Maxwells do.

Pinkies_Watching_Paint_Dry_8957.png

Everything is fun in Ponyville!

And how sad, the Maxwell kids wouldn't have been allowed something as simple and innocent as My Little Ponies. I loved them as a child, and enjoyed them all over again with my daughter (when potty training she had a My Little Pony themed rewards chart I made for her. She got stickers on it for using the potty and staying dry, and got a new My Little Pony after a certain amount of stickers. So she ended up with a massive collection). Her little brothers loved them too, especially the youngest. It makes me sad that simple fun like that is banned in Maxhell, and that even if one of the daughters somehow acquired something as frivolous as a My Little Pony, there is no way one of her brothers would have been allowed to play with it.

Family day = vacuum out the cars, mow the lawn and repair the printer?

I will suggest that to Mr Clementine this weekend. "Honey, let's have a family day! You'll repair the car, I'll clean the windows!"

Of course, Steve doesn't poop. The stick he has wedged up there, won't let him.

The amount the Maxwell's eat, I don't think there's anything left over to shit out.

Everything is fun in Ponyville!

And how sad, the Maxwell kids wouldn't have been allowed something as simple and innocent as My Little Ponies. I loved them as a child, and enjoyed them all over again with my daughter (when potty training she had a My Little Pony themed rewards chart I made for her. She got stickers on it for using the potty and staying dry, and got a new My Little Pony after a certain amount of stickers. So she ended up with a massive collection). Her little brothers loved them too, especially the youngest. It makes me sad that simple fun like that is banned in Maxhell, and that even if one of the daughters somehow acquired something as frivolous as a My Little Pony, there is no way one of her brothers would have been allowed to play with it.

Female ponies rule in Equestria, and even when a boy becomes a prince, he still takes the back seat to his wife (look at Shining Armor and Cadence). That makes MLP too dangerous.

We are all fans in my house. You'll have to pry my MLP hoodies out of my cold, dead hands!

I wondered about that too. Someone who's actually read the book might need to explain?

I haven't read the book but....

Apples make ME poop. :lol:

From the blog - Saturdays are wonderful family days! This last Saturday was perfect, and the whole neighborhood was out.

a) Every day is a wonderful family day around those parts so what makes Saturday family day any different?

Came in here to post this too. If you didn't know the family situation, it seems like a normal post - oh, finally a nice sunny warm WEEKEND for us to use our little space of free time to catch up on family chores that don't get done during the week, because we're all at the OFFICE.

Oh wait...!

Definitely interesting that there's no Joshua, considering how close by they live.

Family day = vacuum out the cars, mow the lawn and repair the printer?

I will suggest that to Mr Clementine this weekend. "Honey, let's have a family day! You'll repair the car, I'll clean the windows!"

The Maxwells rarely all "play" together. It's like toddlers. Toddlers play side by side, and don't play together until 4 or 5. They tote togetherness, but their pictures always seem to show them doing separate things. Rarely are they all doing the same thing at the same time, together. I think that's very telling.

The Maxwells rarely all "play" together. It's like toddlers. Toddlers play side by side, and don't play together until 4 or 5. They tote togetherness, but their pictures always seem to show them doing separate things. Rarely are they all doing the same thing at the same time, together. I think that's very telling.

Realistically, a person HAS to have alone time. It's a bit like sleep. It recharges one's mental batteries. Now, some people need very little, and some (like me), need a lot, but the only way to get that alone time in the Maxwell household is to behave as you have described. They can't have specific alone time (unless it is for prayer, and that doesn't count because they don't consider themselves alone then), because it is strictly forbidden, so they act like the rest of their family doesn't exist while they dust those ceiling fans or write those books.

The title of this post tells you everything you need to know about the Maxwells.

When I first started reading the Maxwell blog - going back to the beginning and trying to get to know them - I kept thinking "this has such a familiar ring to it." But I could not figure out what it was.

Finally, it hit me. It was like reading an account of the winter I was experiencing with one blizzard after another and my husband and I would search desperately for something to do in the house because we couldn't get out. For us it was like "well, I guess we can polish cabinets :? " (except....we never really did that). But for the Maxwells it's like "TODAY WE POLISHED CABINETS!!! It was such a special time!!!! :D :D :D !!!!!!"

Their life is like the third day of being snowed in. Over and over and over again.

This sums up the Maxwells-- see Helen Mirren's quip at about 34 seconds in:

http://youtu.be/dXjjQPlctd0

"We're going to need considerably bigger buns."

Thank you for posting, Hopewell. "Calendar Girls" is the perfect antidote to Terifying Maxwell and her horde!

Realistically, a person HAS to have alone time. It's a bit like sleep. It recharges one's mental batteries. Now, some people need very little, and some (like me), need a lot, but the only way to get that alone time in the Maxwell household is to behave as you have described. They can't have specific alone time (unless it is for prayer, and that doesn't count because they don't consider themselves alone then), because it is strictly forbidden, so they act like the rest of their family doesn't exist while they dust those ceiling fans or write those books.

That's exactly what I also think they do. I think these chores are their way of mentally removing themselves from their house mates. They call it family time, but it's really alone time. It's probably why they enjoy these mundane chores so much. If I had to live like that, I would be finding things to clean just to be mentally alone.

You need to inform them about this at once! Of course, there's a 100% chance that your comment will be deleted immediately because the concept of "gay" is too shocking for the Maxwells to acknowledge.

Even the original meaning of the word 'gay' is banned by Stevie, I've tried to sneak it in in a comment and its changed. Also I've tried to post under the name Gaynor and the knob changed her name to G.

Poor Sarah wrote:

This last Saturday was perfect, and the whole neighborhood was out.

I think what she means is that all the family branches of the Maxwell on the compound where out doing their jurisdictions, not the people who live in their street. I'm sure this has been noted before that neighbourhood means the compound and not what some would call neighbours.

Joel says:

May 5, 2014 at 8:44 am

Looks like you all got a lot of work done this past Saturday! Just out of curiosity, whose truck is Anna washing?

>>>>>>

John’s

Why would the stud need his own truck, I didn't think they were allowed out alone.

Why would the stud need his own truck, I didn't think they were allowed out alone.

And why the hell would Anna need to wash his damn truck? She already cooks his food. He should be thankful and do it himself. It's called taking responsibility for your own shit.

I wondered about that too. Someone who's actually read the book might need to explain?

We are preparing to potty-train at our home so we read it. A lot. It's in my son's room right now & I can't grab it, but basically the last two pages say "Everyone eats" with a line of animals & a child eating, and "so everyone poops" and then all these creatures pooping.

I was thinking today about my attitude to cleaning the house. When I was a young girl my mother's friend had a sign hanging in her hallway that made a big impression on me: My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy." That has been my motto for 35 years through my marriages to two different husbands.

I hate clutter mainly because a lot of stuff around makes a house messy. So I keep the house tidy and I concentrate most of my efforts on keeping a fairly clean kitchen and bathroom. If the dust piles up in the living room or the bedroom ceiling fan gets cobwebby or the rug needs to be vacuumed, I let it go until I feel like doing it. Same with windows. I figure there will always be housework to do and if I wash the floors today or in two days who will know the difference in a week?

My time is too valuable to waste it keeping an immaculate house and after 35 years I am glad I spent my time on more interesting things with lasting effects then on spotless windows and perfect floors.

I was thinking today about my attitude to cleaning the house. When I was a young girl my mother's friend had a sign hanging in her hallway that made a big impression on me: My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy." That has been my motto for 35 years through my marriages to two different husbands.

I hate clutter mainly because a lot of stuff around makes a house messy. So I keep the house tidy and I concentrate most of my efforts on keeping a fairly clean kitchen and bathroom. If the dust piles up in the living room or the bedroom ceiling fan gets cobwebby or the rug needs to be vacuumed, I let it go until I feel like doing it. Same with windows. I figure there will always be housework to do and if I wash the floors today or in two days who will know the difference in a week?

My time is too valuable to waste it keeping an immaculate house and after 35 years I am glad I spent my time on more interesting things with lasting effects then on spotless windows and perfect floors.

I think I love you.

I just ate a hot pocket and now I'm pricing new computers. Yeah, I can feel the jealousy coming through my phone screen right now over all the FUN I'm having.

And why the hell would Anna need to wash his damn truck? She already cooks his food. He should be thankful and do it himself. It's called taking responsibility for your own shit.

Because John needs to learn how to be headship......

Good on them for uh keeping they're cars clean, but posting pictures? Seriously who thought pics of that would be at all interesting to readers?

I did some vacuuming myself today. Guess what? Not a single picture was taken, much less posted.

Everyone_Poops.jpg

Actually that might be his problem , he is emotionally and physically constipated.

post-2805-14451998904142_thumb.jpg

The current filthy state of our family cars makes me wish the Maxwells would visit me and clean them. You know it's bad when you would be ok with the Maxwells visiting, but damn, can they clean.

Archived