IGNORED

Teri Maxwell attended Josiah's graduation...

alikat

I wonder if Joseph sees himself as superior to his older siblings because unlike them, he has never been contaminated by sports, AWANA, television, or ebil songs like "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."

It is truly astonishing how spiritually impoverished and lacking in Christian values the Maxwells are when they lump all the others in the world as "FILTH" because they may not agree with their beliefs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is truly astonishing how spiritually impoverished and lacking in Christian values the Maxwells are when they lump all the others in the world as "FILTH" because they may not agree with their beliefs.

I'm still trying to grasp Teri being on reality tv. Little League is filth, but reality tv isn't. They're certainly not clueless as to the amount of what they would consider sin surrounding the tv industry. The Maxwells want visibility for their God business. It's all about money with these hypocrites. If they practiced what they preached, they would have declined the Duggars invitation on account of the sinful ways of the entertainment industry.

I'm still trying to grasp Teri being on reality tv. Little League is filth, but reality tv isn't. They're certainly not clueless as to the amount of what they would consider sin surrounding the tv industry. The Maxwells want visibility for their God business. It's all about money with these hypocrites. If they practiced what they preached, they would have declined the Duggars invitation on account of the sinful ways of the entertainment industry.

When JimBob wrote the blurb for one of the Maxwell's recent books, an FJer wrote and asked Steve how he justified that, given the Duggars are on tv, and Steve has made his feelings about tv known.

Steve wrote back some silly thing about how everybody has different kinds of ministries, and the show is the Duggars ministry.

So, obviously the beast is only bad for fundy non-royalty.

I will say I am glad Steve brings the "children" to things like this. At least it gives the sisters an opportunity to mingle with people their own age. They have so few.

When JimBob wrote the blurb for one of the Maxwell's recent books, an FJer wrote and asked Steve how he justified that, given the Duggars are on tv, and Steve has made his feelings about tv known.

Steve wrote back some silly thing about how everybody has different kinds of ministries, and the show is the Duggars ministry.

I will say I am glad Steve brings the "children" to things like this. At least it gives the sisters an opportunity to mingle with people their own age. They have so few.

Steve Maxwell can say whatever he wants, but that doesn't make what he says right. The Duggars are bringing money into TLC. TLC is owned by Discovery Communications, therefore it serves to follow that the Duggars are bringing in money for this company. This company supports, or gives their money and time to:

http://corporate.discovery.com/discover ... l-girls-s/

"It promotes HIV/AIDS awareness, the Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Alliance, the Women’s Leadership Network and support local organizations and causes." http://www.mindfullivingnetwork.com/dis ... itiatives/

http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/blog/ ... eluding-2/

There's more, and they are things that both the Duggars and the Maxwells claim to not support. If a person is so against something, they don't bring money to a company that supports it.

I can actually see this rationalization working for them - it's pretty common for a lot of "very pure" (in their own eyes) or "on a high level" (again, in their own eyes) religious types to essentially slum it with those they think are at a lower level, because they view it as being a good example (or a ministry) and helping those poor ignorant people to learn a better way.

I think this is why Steve doesn't have a problem giving his presentations in churches that the Maxwell family would never dream of attending. He will talk at places that obviously have youth groups and aren't "family integrated" (you can tell by signs for the youth group in the background, or just check the schedules for those churches online). He talks in front of crowds that include women in pants.

So for Steve, BEING on TV is probably not as much of a red line as watching it. If the family is on TV, someone else is consuming them, getting the Maxwell message. Where he would have a problem, likely, is if he thinks the appearance or clip or whatever it is shows the Maxwells doing something that he thinks is beneath them. So it would probably depend on their feelings for the Duggars.

Remember Steve let his older sons go talk to people at homeless shelters about Jesus. They can talk to such people because it's the Maxwells speaking and those people listening only. And yes, definitely listening only. Steve writes about telling his sons that they can't ask those homeless people about their lives or do general chit-chat with them, because he doesn't want his kids talking about such unwholesome things or experiences that those homeless people probably have. The Maxwells don't listen. They only preach. One way communication, from their higher pure level down to you TV-watching wretches. :naughty:

So the Maxwells don't read they write. The Maxwells don't learn they teach. The Maxwells dont listen they talk. The Maxwells don't live they exist. It truly is half a life!

So the Maxwells don't read they write. The Maxwells don't learn they teach. The Maxwells dont listen they talk. The Maxwells don't live they exist. It truly is half a life!

They are an "output-only" machine. No input function, ever.

They are an "output-only" machine. No input function, ever.

There has to be some "input" or else they wouldn't have all those kids.

:lol: :ew: *passes around brain bleach*

I'm still puzzled about Terry apparently being alone. :?

She probably wasn't alone. There were so many people at that party, I'm surprised someone spotted her. The rest of the Maxwells were probably scattered about. Hopefully they were actually-- gasp!-- making some new friends.

Well said!

She probably wasn't alone. There were so many people at that party, I'm surprised someone spotted her. The rest of the Maxwells were probably scattered about. Hopefully they were actually-- gasp!-- making some new friends.

If Steve was there, I hope he talked about death. Because nothing says "congratulations on your graduation" (or on your marriage) like a good ole dose of death talkin'.

Because nothing says "congratulations on your graduation" (or on your marriage) like a good ole dose of death talkin'.

SRSLY.

I found the Maxwells through their blog, because they had some interesting posts on their makeover of Uriah. They bought a used tour bus and then made the inside into a sort of home on the road. As someone who likes to drive around and camp in a tricked out SUV, this was Of Interest. Before they fixed it up even, it was a cavernous space inside with some easy chairs, and just that was cool - sleeping in an easy chair or sofa right there in the vehicle, yeah, relaxation fun. Nice pics of the fix up, etc.

Anyway. So reading around, turns out they're out there, out there, out there. And they were isolationist like the Lindvalls, so I had to read the whole thing.

Not long afterward they post how they're going to do a live stream of their son's wedding. A truly fundie wedding. Now, by this time I'd read of the Dougie-officiated wedding of Kelly and Peter, so there was no way I was missing this. I actually tuned in to watch a complete stranger's wedding on the internet. Shame? None here :lol: I made an account on the old Free Jinger board so I could live chat it, even!

...and yeah. There are Sermons. About. Death. At a WEDDING. Now, this is so 180 degrees shocking apart from all traditions I'm raised with, it blew my mind. To TALK about death at a wedding, just lolwuuuuut?

...which just meant I needed to follow them ever since, because the whole thing is just so crazily fascinating.

But sure. I can imagine talk of death at a graduation (though this is also 180 degrees apart from any and all sensibilities I was raised with) if they'll do it at a wedding. Some good ol' "so your childhood is over, that means death is on the way! Where will you go..." etc. Or maybe even if not DEATH itself, some nice heavy-handed pressure in the form of "so you're all educated! Now what are you going to do for Jesus with all that learning??

SRSLY.

I found the Maxwells through their blog, because they had some interesting posts on their makeover of Uriah. They bought a used tour bus and then made the inside into a sort of home on the road. As someone who likes to drive around and camp in a tricked out SUV, this was Of Interest. Before they fixed it up even, it was a cavernous space inside with some easy chairs, and just that was cool - sleeping in an easy chair or sofa right there in the vehicle, yeah, relaxation fun. Nice pics of the fix up, etc.

Anyway. So reading around, turns out they're out there, out there, out there. And they were isolationist like the Lindvalls, so I had to read the whole thing.

Not long afterward they post how they're going to do a live stream of their son's wedding. A truly fundie wedding. Now, by this time I'd read of the Dougie-officiated wedding of Kelly and Peter, so there was no way I was missing this. I actually tuned in to watch a complete stranger's wedding on the internet. Shame? None here :lol: I made an account on the old Free Jinger board so I could live chat it, even!

...and yeah. There are Sermons. About. Death. At a WEDDING. Now, this is so 180 degrees shocking apart from all traditions I'm raised with, it blew my mind. To TALK about death at a wedding, just lolwuuuuut?

...which just meant I needed to follow them ever since, because the whole thing is just so crazily fascinating.

But sure. I can imagine talk of death at a graduation (though this is also 180 degrees apart from any and all sensibilities I was raised with) if they'll do it at a wedding. Some good ol' "so your childhood is over, that means death is on the way! Where will you go..." etc. Or maybe even if not DEATH itself, some nice heavy-handed pressure in the form of "so you're all educated! Now what are you going to do for Jesus with all that learning??

No shame in that! I was already an FJ member or I would have joined just to watch that, too. Such fond memories of that day. I vowed after that excruciating service that the next streamed Maxwell wedding was going to involve a drinking game. But alas, there has not been another Maxwell wedding. Crickets...

No shame in that! I was already an FJ member or I would have joined just to watch that, too. Such fond memories of that day. I vowed after that excruciating service that the next streamed Maxwell wedding was going to involve a drinking game. But alas, there has not been another Maxwell wedding. Crickets...

I've never seen it. More awkward than a Seppi wedding?

I've never seen it. More awkward than a Seppi wedding?

Completely different. Unfortunately, I don't have the link, but probably someone here does on the Wayback Machine. It was a classic, but arm yourself with wine and Doritos -- you're gonna need it with all the death talk and the lamb-to-the-slaughter bride wearing the ill-fitting wedding gown she made herself. Thankfully, their marriage seems to have evolved into a happy one for now.

I spot Sarah Maxwell at 2.11 on the video. Top right hand corner, second from end. Is that her?

Edited to upload photograph.

post-1262-14451998850567_thumb.png

I spot Sarah Maxwell at 2.11 on the video. Top right hand corner, second from end. Is that her?

It is difficult for me to tell if it is Sarah or not. Fundies at a certain distance start to look alike to me... :embarrassed:

Can you imagine JD and Sarah together? I’m just having visions of boring Sarah, sweetly and quietly making her bean burrito mix, while JD is out trashing people’s cars and doing that obnoxious laugh the entire time doing so. It would be like marrying an overgrown 15 year old. Yikes.

Have you even seen that episode ? Just go to YouTube to check it,if he really had that obnoxious laugh and got hysterical by "trashing the car " It was just something TLC put him to do and he was not very into it in the first place.

Can you imagine JD and Sarah together? I’m just having visions of boring Sarah, sweetly and quietly making her bean burrito mix, while JD is out trashing people’s cars and doing that obnoxious laugh the entire time doing so. It would be like marrying an overgrown 15 year old. Yikes.

When I can't sleep, I try to picture what a JD Duggar/Elizabeth Botkin marriage would be like. Sarah Maxwell is more likely, but the possibilities of a JD/EB marriage are hilarious. :lol:

She could be. It's hard to tell.

Sure looks like there's infAMY next to her, though!

How are the Duggars friends with so many people?

Doesn't look like sarah. It's also hard to tell.

How are the Duggars friends with so many people?

Doesn't look like sarah. It's also hard to tell.

I think these people have a different idea of what friendship is. They use the term to mean any acquaintance they share a faith basis with. Look how many families they introduce as "friends" that they've just met during the filming of that episode. The Pinkertons come to mind.

She could be. It's hard to tell.

Sure looks like there's infAMY next to her, though!

Oh Lordy. Can you imagine Steve's reaction to finding his daughter standing next to, possibly even CONVERSING with a heathen like Amy?!?!?!? She may have been exposed to unapproved concepts. Like a woman thinking. Or laughing. :penguin-no:

Archived