IGNORED

Rape Charges filed against cult leader in MN - Merge

prairiemuffin

A bit more history, from 1994, when Victor Barnard took the stand as a character witness for a child sex offender, Dirk Cheshire, who had molested his [Dirk's] step daughter.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25 ... ild-abuser

...In 1994, Cheshire pled guilty to criminal sexual conduct in the second degree. Morcomb [Dirk's stepdaughter] came to the old Pine County Courthouse to give her victim impact statement at his sentencing at just 13 years old -- and she did it very much alone.... :(

..."He [barnard] showed up outside the courtroom. I don't remember the exact words, but he said I needed to forgive Dirk," Morcomb remembered. "I was appalled. I couldn't understand why someone was telling me -- the victim -- that I needed to forgive this horrible man who did these horrible things."

Barnard even took the stand himself that day as a character witness for her step-father. In the end, Cheshire didn't spend a day in prison. Instead, he was sentenced to four months in jail -- with work release.

When Dirk got out, Barnard made sure he was still invited to worship -- but Morcomb and her mother were now treated as outcasts. Barnard even told her mother that Morcomb had to go.

"Basically, he told my mom she needed to get rid of me," Morcomb recalled. "She decided not to get rid of me, and we left."

The Fox 9 Investigators have learned of at least three other cases where Barnard allegedly told parents to give up their own children for adoption. Former followers say Barnard saw himself as the shepherd of his flock and believed his job was to cull the herd. ...

• 3 weeks later...

A new article, posted on 5/17/14 at St. Paul Pioneer Press, adds more details regarding Victor Barnard who is still a wanted fugitive for sexual midsconduct and child rape.

Victor Barnard called the girls brides of Christ - and 'he was Christ' ~ http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_ ... ist-and-he

The May 17 article is written by Karl Kahler who was in the 14th Way Corps with Barnard and is a national editor of the San Jose Mercury News and author of "The Cult That Snapped: A Journey Into The Way International."

Regarding his article, Karl states elsewhere that this is "the most disturbing story I’ve ever reported...It’s the story of a remarkable woman who endured nine years of sexual abuse, starting when she was just 13, by a cult leader named Victor Barnard who recruited a harem of 10 young “Maidens†to be “sacrificed to God†and “married to Christ.†What that meant, according to a criminal complaint filed in Minnesota last month, was that he would use them repeatedly for sex — for years — because he was “Christ in the flesh.†He’s a wanted man today, believed to be hiding in Washington state. What’s weird for me is I actually knew the guy 30 years ago when we were both members of The Way International — another cult notorious for sexual abuse, and the place where I believe he learned his sick tactics."

I continue to lists pertinent media updates here: Victor Barnard and River Road Fellowship ~ http://tossandripple.blogspot.com/2014/ ... wship.html

Unfortunately, Barnard has not yet been apprehended. To report information regarding Barnard's whereabouts, please call Detective Ryan Spangler at 509-227-6644 or the Pine County, MN, tip line at 320-629-8342.

• 3 months later...

Just saw Barnard's story on John Walsh's show tonight. What a pig! And the similarity in his and DPIAT's look (and shpiel) was so disturbing.

Does anyone know if "The Way" is related to two by twoes, or the church with no name? On a website about this cult one of the names given is "The Way" did not know if related. I knew a girl who grew up 2by2. Actually rented her a place for a very reasonable rate to help her get on her feet.

wow, finlayson is just about an hour and a half away from where i am. ew. stuff like this is always squicky, but to me it seems like it's extra squicky when it's relatively near me.

Does anyone know if "The Way" is related to two by twoes, or the church with no name? On a website about this cult one of the names given is "The Way" did not know if related. I knew a girl who grew up 2by2. Actually rented her a place for a very reasonable rate to help her get on her feet.

Hey Grimalkin...

I googled Two by Two...interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_by_Twos I had never heard about that group. Thanks for mentioning it!

Barnard was involved with The Way International (TWI) which is not associated with "Two by Twos."

I was a loyal follower with TWI for 28 years; that's how I know TWI is not associated with Two by Twos. The groups do share some similarities though, two of those being home-based churches and rejection of the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity.

Barnard joined TWI in the early 1980s and left around 1990. He started his offshoot group (River Road Fellowship) around 1992.

[Like other fundamentalist groups that split into factions, The Way International has dozens of offshoot groups started by folks who were once loyal Way followers who left TWI or were kicked out of TWI.]

Here is a link to a timeline regarding Barnard: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25 ... ult-leader

How did things go with the girl you helped who was part of the 2x2s?

Thanks for the link Oneperson. Her and her cousin also raised in 2 by 2's rented together. Unfortunately she became addicted to drugs and they destroyed the townhouse. It was a shame because she did complete and pass a real estate class and exam. I saw her a few weeks ago waitressing at a breakfast place but she wouldn't make eye contact and vanished to the back when she saw me.

We are not upset with her since we have new renters who fixed it up and pay on time and are just great. We are even make ing a small profit from it but our hope was to break even until we could sell and not lose money.

At one time there was an FJ member with the handle Ex2x2. Not sure if they are around anymore or if they could shed light on this situation, but it's something I just remembered.

• 6 months later...
Of course his useless followers do nothing to stop it. People can be so foolish and gullible.

Foolish and gullible - I think you are being very generous here.

They are accomplices who catered to their leader's needs. If the leader wanted to defile human flesh, he got to defile human flesh. And people stood by and did nothing.

No asshas could accomplish such deeds and get away with them without a large group of supporters.

Parents should be charged too.

I'd cast the same punishment on the parents as the perpetrator.

I was just coming to post about this. I hope he rots.

He may rot in the US. Brazil does allow the US to extradite US citizens for crimes committed in the US.

Nancy Grace covered this tonight and interviewed one of the girls. I may hate NG but she was decent tonight.

Nancy Grace covered this tonight and interviewed one of the girls. I may hate NG but she was decent tonight.

damn, now that's a surprise. never ever gonna let up on her because of what she implied about owen hart, but good on her for growing a conscience for 1/10th of a second.

Archived