IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dakota, Sierra and Asia Young. Wow.

Almost as cool as Franicia with "Heistheway"

All names I've heard fairly frequently. None of them I'd find anything odd about. Mostly, if I knew they were siblings, I'd wonder what the next place name would be. Kind of a cool theme, if you're going to use a name theme, IMHO.

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but TLC appears to be bringing the Bates back. It looks like United Bates of America will be on Tuesday at 6:00 AM.

I see Chad will be the best man at his brother Thomas's wedding in September: /www.theknot.com/wedding/Dakota-and-Thomas/view/4673334352076596/42512371

So I expect a road trip, with an obligatory stop to visit the Duggars

Looks like the Bates are currently visiting the Duggars, if their instagram page is anything to go by.

If I'm remembering correctly (and it's kind of hard to keep track), Jill and Derick took some of the Bates kids with them back to Arkansas. Now the Bateses have returned to Tennessee with some of the Duggars.

They are cute together and Whitney is looking good. I'd prefer fewer hand under the bump photos. It got rather boring and some of them looked a little odd.

Not too exciting but from public instagram

ink361.com/app/users/ig-194029731/photos

Gil took some church kids tubing, which is nice, and they're wearing modest bathing attire

10607960_310202965820278_1808325183_n.jpg

And Joseph Duggar is with the Bates kids, but I don't know if its at his home or theirs. I have lost track because they are intermingling so much

from public bates instagram

914801_1517184891831345_25632822_n.jpg

Thelonehubert's instagram is private so I can't post a pic, but he has a picture up of Joy Duggar driving with him in the passenger seat and 2 Bates and a howler in the back. Says they are headed to TN. Hubert is from TN and was in TX visiting fundies and breaking horses with Lawson Bates and then they apparently stopped and picked Joy up. None of the comments allude to courtship. Oh, and she is wearing her "I survived Roe v Wade" shirt.

Chad has a new blog entry, Erins face looks fuller than usual. And the shirt isn't that form fitting too! Maybe...?

It looks like it's just the way her top is cut. It's got an empire waist, which has the tendency to make the midsection appear more bulky. She could be in the earlier stages of pregnancy, but she still looks as slim as ever to me. Her other recent photos give no indication of a baby bump.

They have finally updated the "about us" section. Michael and Brandon are shown together with a note that they (The Bates) expect a wedding in 2015....

What is it with these fundies who plan/announce wedding stuff before the guy has even popped the question. :?

Erin's pronunciation of 'oil' is exactly like some older people in my region ( central Nova Scotia). They are of German & Swiss ancestry.

ETA: Should have said, in only 2 villages do you hear this. The surrounding villages don't have the same dialect(?).

You must be in the valley? I am a Yank so I have rarely noticed many differences between accents around the Sunrise Trail, PEI, New Brunswick or Cape Breton at least until I hit Louisberg. :) Scots/Irish looks are the fastest way to get challenged at the gate. ;)

No, not the Valley. (East) Hants County . It is odd - just two villages- the surrounding villages you don't hear it. Now it is mainly 45+ age group that you hear the dialect. We would have been the ones growing up with only 2 local TV stations. Also, we were rural then; now suburbs of Halifax.

cute of Zach n whit..anyone think she'll have a 10 pounder at birth? she's pretty large already.

Bump size is not necessarily an indication of baby size, really. She could have a lot of fluid, it could just look bigger because she's quite petite... She's only a couple of weeks ahead of me, and I look about the same bump size as her (also first baby).

Chad has a new blog entry, Erins face looks fuller than usual. And the shirt isn't that form fitting too! Maybe...?

It looks like it's just the way her top is cut. It's got an empire waist, which has the tendency to make the midsection appear more bulky. She could be in the earlier stages of pregnancy, but she still looks as slim as ever to me. Her other recent photos give no indication of a baby bump.

I agree that her face looks fuller. I also agree that the fit of her top doesn't say much either way. I will go ahead and place my bet on a March baby, why not.

If Erin is expecting, good for them for not announcing it before the pee stick dries. Once bitten, twice shy.

If Erin is expecting, good for them for not announcing it before the pee stick dries. Once bitten, twice shy.

Good for them deciding when to announce it. There isn't a right time no matter what your history. Everyone should feel ok announcing whenever they want to.

They never announced it the first time - they only mentioned it after she miscarried. The only hint prior to that post was Kelly mentioning that a grandchild was on the way in the comments. Kelly has done the same thing with miscarriages, I believe. If they hadn't wanted the miscarriage public, they could easily have brushed that off as Whitney, which it was. They want to announce as soon as their sure, whether the pregnancy is successful or not. Their miscarriage was publicized because everything in their lives must be shouted from the rooftops. If she is pregnant, I expect an announcement very early.

I just watched Erin's hair tutorials, and I was pleasantly surprised by how normal and engaging she seemed.

On television she always seems so saccharine and preachy, but when talking about something that genuinely interests her, she comes across totally differently and is much warmer and more likeable.

And god she's fast with those curls! All without any heat too. I'm impressed.

She does seem much more normal in the videos. I'm impressed she's been willing to be photographed with straight hair since she married.

It looks like Joe is at the Bates house.Those are their curtain colors,as the D's have blinds and their sofa is not against the window.

Perhaps now that she's married and out of the family home, Erin can now be herself more versus being part of this famous "big family" and living under their roof. Even as an adult, there were rules at home she would have to follow and not just the obvious ones that we know about, but maybe there were subtle expectations to present herself (and the other kids too) a certain way as part of the family front/brand. Now that she's out and obviously with a supportive husband, maybe she can find be herself a bit, as much as the fundie life allows.

Archived