IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the dress she pinned.

I kind of like the dress too but I can't picture Jill in it, that's weird.

The dress is pretty, but I'm not too crazy about the neckline...it's kinda plain. As for the bridesmaid dresses, peach alone or mint alone is lovely, but the combination of the two is just yucky. Too much of a clash. The dark belts on the dresses were a little off, too.

Actually I don't think it is Jana, as one of her boards has a comment "fabric scraps. i will be doing this.... my madyson loves to pull out real baby wipes. this will be even better!" so presumably this person is a parent already!

If I hadn't been raped in college and then decided to have sex with a guy I trusted so that sex wouldn't always be a traumatic thing in my eyes, I would probably still be a virgin now. Or I would have been significantly older when I finally had sex the first time.

My story is very similar to this. Raped in college and then dated a guy I trusted to try and "wipe clean" the emotional scars from before. Didn't work out with him, but I did eventually find a great guy who I plan on keeping :). But I agree, If it wasn't for that first evil jerk face, I would still probably be a virgin today (I'm still only 26).

Many people repin from other people's boards without changing descriptions or notations and they automatically carry over. I have tons that obviously don't pertain to me on mine.

Janny Nalon? Nalon backwards is Nolan. Is there anyone Jana could be courting with that last name?

Nolan is pretty popular as a first name too. Interesting idea....

Many people repin from other people's boards without changing descriptions or notations and they automatically carry over. I have tons that obviously don't pertain to me on mine.

ah, okay, thanks! Am not all that familiar with Pinterest.

eta: 'Janny Nalon' has a pin on 'how to make refrigerator dill pickles'...

ah, okay, thanks! Am not all that familiar with Pinterest.

I think it's Jana. Janny has Derick's mom and Kendalyn's sister(from Robert Loves Kendalyn) as followers. Derick's mom isn't ATI and Kendalyn's sister works at the ministry from time to time like Jana does. I think Jana is the connection. I wonder if 'before we say "I do"!' could be Jessa? I really like the shabby chic, rustic, lace, and color schemes. Lawd help me! I have the same taste as a Duggar!

Ahh...It's Alyssa Bates! There's already a thread about it.

All the wedding pins of outdoor altars make it seem like they are planning an outdoor wedding - maybe on the duggar compound.

There is one pin of them making a heart with their hands - they did this in one of the photos posted about their engagement.

Also, the "i can't wait to kiss you" pin makes this a fundy board - if not Jill's. I really think it is Jill's.

Looking at the Pinterest boards, I just keep thinking..."man, these girls have come a long ways from the frumper days!"

Doh..I didn't mean for that to rhyme.

Sarah Walker (one of Jill's fellow apprentice midwives) has a board on her pinterest which is *clearly* Jill's board really - more mint and peach colours etc, and LOTS of pins! http://gb.pinterest.com/walka88/a-friends-wedding/

I think this is Jill's too, after seeing it. (Or one of the other Duggar girls). There's a pin of a cute little chapel...in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

I think this is Jill's too, after seeing it. (Or one of the other Duggar girls). There's a pin of a cute little chapel...in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

And a "I stole her heart.. so I stole his last name" pin..

Heaven knows they have a similar tooth to gum ratio, but that woman's hair is too short to be Jill---er...Jilly.

Yeah, and its not her ring either.

I never understood purity rings. I am an unmarried Christian and never had a desire to get one, and yes, many other Christians think that weird. I should just start saying "You know, I should get a purity ring, then I'll pierce my tongue to remind me to be truthful, and pierce my eyebrow to remind me to discern what I see" etc. They'll probably walk away. Anyways, my point is, why overly prioritize certain convictions?

It's always fun to ask someone if they are engaged when they have one :) and besides, I would never want to wear a ring with a stone or jewel on it on my left ring finger right now, because it would look like I am engaged or married, which I am not.

My sister wore one for a little while. I'm making an assumption here, but I think she wore it as a way of saying, "No, I won't have sex with you, please stop talking to me." I don't think she ever intended to wait until marriage, it was just something she did in high school

Her love for lace has me hopeful about that wedding dress. Maybe it'll be an ATI friendly version of the lace sleaves that Kate Middleton made popular. Maybe she can pull off something truely cute.

At the very least, the bridesmaids dresses will be adorable. I haven't seen one that she's pinned I've despised yet.

Are there any "Bride Day" shows that are based out of DC?

I found I liked the 'Modest LDS' dress on her apprentice's board. Plain but with lace sleeves and neckline--sort of fifties looking. Go for that one, Jill!!

With all of the rustic details that have been pinned on her board and her friend's board, I'm surprised by her love for big satin gowns. I would have thought she would go with something lacier or more flowy. It seems more her style.

It's possible that she's doing the smaller wedding at the St. Catherine's chapel in Fayetteville (which is ADORABLE), and then a giant blow-out of a reception (er...as much as a fundie one can be, anyway) at the Duggar Compound.

It's possible that she's doing the smaller wedding at the St. Catherine's chapel in Fayetteville (which is ADORABLE), and then a giant blow-out of a reception (er...as much as a fundie one can be, anyway) at the Duggar Compound.

Is that a Catholic church? :o *gasp*

Is that a Catholic church? :o *gasp*

If so, I highly doubt she will be allowed to wed there. At least in my archdiocese, at least one member must be Catholic to wed in a Catholic church, and the wedding must at least include Catholic rites.

ETA: Also there are tons of hoops you have to jump through, encounters (retreats) to go on, documentation to provide, etc. You can't just book a Church and be done.

ETA II: I Remembered I Can Google: St. Catherine's is open to people of all faiths. Also, they seem to specialize in elopments ;)

Archived