IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

I hope things work out with the mentor planning Jill's wedding. I know V through a mutual friend, and wedding planning/coordinating is something she likes to do. I assisted at a wedding which V was in charge of, and it was an incredibly stressful environment to work in. Last year we almost ended up working another wedding together, but V canceled at rather short notice and I ended up inheriting all her work, which I actually felt preferable to working with her again. I really don't know how she's become such good friends with the Duggars and other conservative people, because she was not conservative at all during the time that I had contact with her. I haven't seen or spoken to her in several years, and like I said, was pleased not to renew the passing acquaintance last year.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Singsingsing: You have very astute posts but SOMETIMES, like the ones I quoted, and perhaps it's just me being sensitive, I feel like there is one for 'us' and another for you...( How does one do italics???). Of course, you aren't the only one. LOL.

Like I said, maybe I'm being too sensitive but those 2 posts struck a nerve.

Since my bridal shower is next weekend, I'm doing a little registry stalking. DAMN these two got a shit ton of gifts already...

Singsingsing: You have very astute posts but SOMETIMES, like the ones I quoted, and perhaps it's just me being sensitive, I feel like there is one for 'us' and another for you...( How does one do italics???). Of course, you aren't the only one. LOL.

Like I said, maybe I'm being too sensitive but those 2 posts struck a nerve.

I think I see what you're saying here, and yeah, I understand what you mean. Sometimes I forget that I'm talking to other human beings here who aren't inside my brain, and not arguing back and forth with myself in an essay (spent too many years as a history major - seriously, everything becomes a thesis to defend or refute, it's a bad habit). I think the criticism of Jessa for being too cold or too unemotional touches a nerve in ME because I know that in the same situation I would come across the same way. Obviously it's stupid of me to tell people not to speculate about THAT and then turn around and speculate about all kinds of other stuff - just because that other stuff doesn't hit a nerve in me doesn't mean it doesn't in others. And even though I honestly never intended to suggest to anyone that I was allowed to speculate and they weren't, that is basically how my comments came across. I can't promise to never annoy or enrage anyone in the future unless I completely shut up (which I'm sure some of you would appreciate :) ) but I think you're right about this, and I'll try to keep it in mind when I post in the future.

To quote fundie speak, Jill has always had a heart for the missions. She is the Duggar who has has made strong friendships with people that she has met in the Duggar mission trips and it seems that she has always wanted to do more. She is the only Duggar who seemed to want to learn Spanish for future missionary trips I think that her seriously studying midwifery is because she wants to use that skill in the missions. I do hope that Derrick will help and support her in that

At least Jill seems to genuinely be smitten with Derick. How long that will carry her into the relationship for the longterm remains to be seen, but for now, she seems to be in deep smit.

At least Jill seems to genuinely be smitten with Derick. How long that will carry her into the relationship for the longterm remains to be seen, but for now, she seems to be in deep smit.

But not deep smut, because they're courting, not dating.

According to the Duggar blog, Dill would like to have as many kids as God will give them. Sounds pretty Quiverfull to me. :? I do hope they are only repeating the party line and won't actually pop out babies just after the wedding.

It also says they would like to adopt. I actually could see Jill having a couple of her own, and maybe 2 or 3 adopted kids.

I see Jill as pretty uncomplicated. She may really look forward to having as many children as come along and adopting some too. I'd love to see her adopt while Michelle continues to spout on how she and Jim Bob are "praying about it".

Welp, Jill has locked down the Knot site to password protection, except for the How we Met/Got Engaged/Registry pages. Poor leghumpers can't even send them messages any longer.

I have a feeling that TLC is locking this one down as tight as possible. I imagine the NDAs are going to be ironclad trying to prevent famewhores like the Rodrigueses from blogging and posting pics.

As for location, it's Fundie TV Royalty. I'm betting on the same mega-church (Springdale or Fayetteville, can't remember) where they held the service for Jubilee (and drew 3000 people).

Colors? I'm sticking with Blush and Bashful. Remember, these are girls trapped in women's bodies.

So has anyone figured out the password yet.

It's probably something insultingly obvious, like the bible verse she signs books with or jill&derick2014 (I'm not advocating that anyone should try to figure it out, personally I feel like that crosses a line). I just feel like they aren't clever enough to make it something no one would guess.

It's probably something insultingly obvious, like the bible verse she signs books with or jill&derick2014 (I'm not advocating that anyone should try to figure it out, personally I feel like that crosses a line). I just feel like they aren't clever enough to make it something no one would guess.

Nah it's probably something like RobertandAnnette1984. That way it properly references mommy and daddy Duggar without being too easy to hack.

I went on her knot site and congratulated her before the 'lockdown'. I don't think you need to be a 'humper' to wish them both well. While I can snark with the best of them- I am happy for JillDill and hope their marriage goes well.

I hope so! I want to know who's in the wedding party.

In regards to the Knot website, she shut down that part because apparently someone said "glad you are getting your *** out of the house!". I saw it there. I'm almost certain she will also lock her twitter as soon, because someone in the Twitterverse is bound to reply to her tweets with something that is not "Gothard approved". Hopefully not, because I like to see her Tweets and photos that she posts. I don't expect every Duggar to be like Josh and allow such comments and replies, because I wouldn't. Personally my instagram, facebook, and my twitter are private. I don't blame her; I would do the exact same thing.

In regards to the Knot website, she shut down that part because apparently someone said "glad you are getting your *** out of the house!". I saw it there. I'm almost certain she will also lock her twitter as soon, because someone in the Twitterverse is bound to reply to her tweets with something that is not "Gothard approved". Hopefully not, because I like to see her Tweets and photos that she posts. I don't expect every Duggar to be like Josh and allow such comments and replies, because I wouldn't. Personally my instagram, facebook, and my twitter are private. I don't blame her; I would do the exact same thing.

I wonder what if Jill or Josh sees inappropriate things on a Twitter and/or Instagram. I got a feeling Josh watches inappropriate material online now that he has the freedom to do so.

I wonder what if Jill or Josh sees inappropriate things on a Twitter and/or Instagram. I got a feeling Josh watches inappropriate material online now that he has the freedom to do so.

I know having a pinterest means that Jill is going to find somethings that are "inappropriate" by their standards. Twitter and Instagram are easy enough to avoid those things (as long as you don't read the comments and you only follow people you trust). When you have Pinterest, you're doing a lot of searches. Especially if you're using it to do wedding planning.

I'd love to see what kinds of secret boards she might have (either now or eventually).

Anyone wondering why J&D are marrying before J&B just has to remember who has been courting longer; Boob and Derick or Boob and Ben? :wink-kitty:

Off topic: Aaaaaand I actually made it to 100 posts! *off having a drink to celebrate that achievement*

OT question, but I've been wondering...since all of the older girls share clothes, (presumably) shoes, and accessories, are the girls going to have to buy all new clothes once they get married and move out, or do they get to pick what they want to take from the closet?

OT question, but I've been wondering...since all of the older girls share clothes, (presumably) shoes, and accessories, are the girls going to have to buy all new clothes once they get married and move out, or do they get to pick what they want to take from the closet?

I don't know how much they share anymore. I know they share accessories and such, but I rarely (if ever) see them wearing main clothing pieces seen on their sisters. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they're all slightly different sizes.

I don't know how much they share anymore. I know they share accessories and such, but I rarely (if ever) see them wearing main clothing pieces seen on their sisters. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they're all slightly different sizes.

On the Duggar Family News FB, they do "who wore it better" posts. The girls still share clothes and even wear the exact same outfits from time to time.

Guest LilaFowler

I know that Derick works for Wal-Mart, but does anyone know what state he works for them/what state Derick and Jill will live in after marriage?

I know that Derick works for Wal-Mart, but does anyone know what state he works for them/what state Derick and Jill will live in after marriage?

He lives and works in Arkansas.

As derik is an accountant, I'd assume he works in their home office.

Archived