IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

After reading the People mag article on Bessa and Dill, the picture of the whole family together is really nice. Now that it seems even Jinger has ditched the crunhy perm look (hooray) and the only person with that look in Michelle, does anyone think Michelle might finally rid herself of the 80s straightup bangs look?

I know she did a makeover before that seemed to not go over well, but is it possible she may finally join the rest of the girls for a softer look?

Heck, she could even acheive a softer look with huge perm rollers if 'ease of styling' is important. Or assign a new jurisdiction to a Jslave of 'do biological mommys hair daily'.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not even just stuff they don't agree with that they don't teach their kids. Remember when they went to Asia and didn't have the kids learn about the culture. They don't even know what a geisha is, even though they dressed like them. And let's not forget the food. Both the instance of allowing the kids to snack through the traditional meal or having JB exclaim how gross the food was and mock it in the market place. Horrific shows of ignorance.

In all my years traveling the world, I've seen some ugly Americans. But NONE of them are as ugly as the Duggars. And that includes the girls who went to a formal affair in Europe wearing dresses you'd see college girls on "thirsty Thursday" at a bar wearing while they ate pasta with their fingers, dropping the food into their mouths like they were baby birds eating worms.

If someone had bothered to investigate and discovers I had duscalculia at an early age, and had intervention, I could've leaned more math.

However, just because I don't want to learn some things that are useless to me now, doesn't mean I don like learning. I just only want to learn certain things. The "you'll need it later" argument probably held water in the last, but nowadays if I need to know it later I can just google it.

I mostly have an issue with this because college is so EXPENSIVE. Why spend thousands of dollars on classes that won't help prepare me for my profession, which is mainly what college is about. If I want to take those classes later, after I've graduated and paid off my debts, that's when I should get to take them.

It's not that I don't want to learn history, it's that I want to learn of later and not be forced to shell out thousands of dollars for it.

If someone had bothered to investigate and discovers I had duscalculia at an early age, and had intervention, I could've leaned more math.

However, just because I don't want to learn some things that are useless to me now, doesn't mean I don like learning. I just only want to learn certain things. The "you'll need it later" argument probably held water in the last, but nowadays if I need to know it later I can just google it.

I mostly have an issue with this because college is so EXPENSIVE. Why spend thousands of dollars on classes that won't help prepare me for my profession, which is mainly what college is about. If I want to take those classes later, after I've graduated and paid off my debts, that's when I should get to take them.

It's not that I don't want to learn history, it's that I want to learn of later and not be forced to shell out thousands of dollars for it.

"At the Creation Museum"...how apt. And I have dyscalculia also.

Any young man, whether 18 or 28, who wants to court and marry a Duggar daughter will know that he has to jump through Jim Bob's hoops. If he's truly intent on marrying her, he will jump through those hoops.

And Jim Boob knows that if one or both of the existing courtships end up failing because the two young men in question tire of dealing with his "hoops", the show's over. Period. There is no more interesting content for the Duggars; the ratings were dropping and there had to have been meetings at the highest level of the network about that before they started filming again. The network wasn't getting their money's worth: Consider how expensive it must have been to transport, feed and house 30+ people in Japan for a week last year. TLC is also very lucky to have escaped issues with viewers over the family's political beliefs and support of candidates who are anti-gay and anti-women, let alone Smuggar's place of employment and his stupid comments in the media. They're sitting on a powder keg.

The Duggars will eventually get the same editing treatment as Honey Boo Boo is getting, IMHO.

Michelle doesn't even homeschool. She puts her kids in front of a computer and they keep answer questions until they pass. That's not homeschooling. Granted my older daughter attends an online school but she actually has to do projects, tests, homework, and any other work due. I'm not against homeschooling if done right. Michelle and Jim don't care two figs about their children's education just how to control them. If some of the children do have problems they probably wouldn't notice or probably try to make it seem like nothing is wrong. I dare the Duggars to have their children state tested just to see where they're at. Michelle probably doesn't know any of her children's interest, hobbies, or personalities. I see no time spent with any of her kids.

And Jill parents don't kick their children out when they turn 18. There are plenty of people who live with their parents pass the age of 18.

And Jim Boob knows that if one or both of the existing courtships end up failing because the two young men in question tire of dealing with his "hoops", the show's over. Period. There is no more interesting content for the Duggars; the ratings were dropping and there had to have been meetings at the highest level of the network about that before they started filming again. The network wasn't getting their money's worth: Consider how expensive it must have been to transport, feed and house 30+ people in Japan for a week last year. TLC is also very lucky to have escaped issues with viewers over the family's political beliefs and support of candidates who are anti-gay and anti-women, let alone Smuggar's place of employment and his stupid comments in the media. They're sitting on a powder keg.

The Duggars will eventually get the same editing treatment as Honey Boo Boo is getting, IMHO.

And michelle and bob were still ungrateful about the trips they take for free. I really hope this show ends soon. They lost a ton of fans ever since people are finding out who they're really are. The show does a good job of editing things out but I hope tlc throws them under the bus.

It's not even just stuff they don't agree with that they don't teach their kids. Remember when they went to Asia and didn't have the kids learn about the culture. They don't even know what a geisha is, even though they dressed like them. And let's not forget the food. Both the instance of allowing the kids to snack through the traditional meal or having JB exclaim how gross the food was and mock it in the market place. Horrific shows of ignorance.

In all my years traveling the world, I've seen some ugly Americans. But NONE of them are as ugly as the Duggars. And that includes the girls who went to a formal affair in Europe wearing dresses you'd see college girls on "thirsty Thursday" at a bar wearing while they ate pasta with their fingers, dropping the food into their mouths like they were baby birds eating worms.

The Duggars think they're too good and better than everyone else. Very distasteful and disrespectful.

Maybe this will ruffle some feathers but it offends me that Jim Boob, who can well afford to send his kids to the finest institutions of higher learning, chooses to keep his children ignorant. How does that help the nation he professes to love? The US has to complete in a whole new world now. We need a nation of curious kids and a nation that offers the best education possible to all. That does not mean a college education for all. My two brothers, who never went to college, are former Marines and have gotten great jobs in avionics as a result what they learned in the Corps. As I said, I find it offensive that Quiverfull's vision of the future is full of marginally educated people who are part of the problem and not the solution. It is almost un-patriotic.

Well Michelle claims several of the howlers have dyslexia ...

Kids with Dyslexia need a lot of extra time and attention. Of course, when Michelle says something like that you are left wondering whether that is just her explanation for why they can't read/write. I doubt she even knows about or understands the different types of dyslexia.

Lovely. I hadn't seen that claim. My son has dyslexia. I spend an hour or more each day just on language-specific work with him. We do fluency passages (I read to him, he reads to me, he answers questions about content). We do Sequential Spelling. We have read-aloud time outside of the regular reading for history and such. He researches topics that interest him and writes "reports" in his journal that he can read to his dad in the evening. That's outside of all other schoolwork.

I'm guessing no one is spending that kind of time with each of the howlers. Sad, because reading struggle can affect so many things for one's whole life.

"At the Creation Museum"...how apt. And I have dyscalculia also.

I have dyscalculia too. For the longest time I thought I was the only one.

The Duggars don't travel to other countries to take in the sights or soak up the culture; they go so that the "foreigners" can see how wonderful they are and to educate the "heathens" about the fact that they are doing everything wrong and that their food is weird and disgusting.

I really loved one of the drivers on the UK trip that interrupted Jim Boob and informed him that he was not going to remember all of his kid's names. :clap:

I have dyscalculia too. For the longest time I thought I was the only one.

I wish I could claim this disorder but I just hate math, make stupid mistakes, and have nominated the inventor of the calculator for sainthood. :worship:

Does anyone else think there maybe be a double duggar daughter wedding? I think that kind of this seems right up their alley.

The Duggars don't travel to other countries to take in the sights or soak up the culture; they go so that the "foreigners" can see how wonderful they are and to educate the "heathens" about the fact that they are doing everything wrong and that their food is weird and disgusting.

I really loved one of the drivers on the UK trip that interrupted Jim Boob and informed him that he was not going to remember all of his kid's names. :clap:

I think there was one episode where they traveled overseas and a guy there didn't believe in God. I think JB gave him a whole lecture :angry-banghead:

Does anyone else think there maybe be a double duggar daughter wedding? I think that kind of this seems right up their alley.

I hope not. Jill and Jessa are both so different and individuals, and deserve their own day.

Also I think Jessa and Ben will have a longer courtship, they are so young (and with Jessa being so reserved and unemotional, it probably takes her longer to be comfortable with someone than happy, outgoing Jill)

Some fundies do say you can't terminate the life of the fetus even to save the mother, yes.

Once upon a time, my former youth pastor's wife had an ectopic pregnancy removed. Imagine what happened when I asked the pastor to explain to me how exactly that was different from having an abortion. Let's just say there were raised voices, other people in the building came running, and I left the church shortly afterward.

There are two sets of rules in any fundie church: The rules for those who aren't buddies with the pastor/big building fund contributors/members of the board and those who are garden-variety parishioners. If someone who is financially $upporting the church or pastors screws up, it's ignored or glossed over. If the garden-variety parishioner does it, it's quickly, harshly and publicly dealt with.

Example: One of the families in my former church's youngest daughter is quite the contemporary Christian music star. (If I mentioned her name and you've ever been in church circles, you'd know who she is.) I am in the same age group as her oldest sister. Several teen girls in the youth group became pregnant one year. Ms. Christian music star's mother told me point-blank "If that was my daughter, we'd have her at the clinic so fast your head would spin!" Contrast this with the fact that her board member husband denied another young woman the opportunity to marry her fiance in the church after the wedding date had been set, invitations went out and it was three weeks before the wedding: After all, he'd been married before, and "it was sinful".

I love fundies. There's rules, there's unwritten rules, and God help you if you didn't give six figures to the church building program in a calendar year.

No. I don't think Jill and Derek want to wait and I don't think Jessa is in any big hurry to get engaged, let alone married. Besides, you have material for two separate seasons with separate weddings and engagements.

No. I don't think Jill and Derek want to wait and I don't think Jessa is in any big hurry to get engaged, let alone married. Besides, you have material for two separate seasons with separate weddings and engagements.

Is there the slightest chance at all that maybe Jessa and Ben BOTH want to get out of fundamentalism and are pretending to go along with everything so that they can get married and break away, but have to take this process slowly in order to make it convincing? I mean, probably not, but it's a nice thought...

Is there the slightest chance at all that maybe Jessa and Ben BOTH want to get out of fundamentalism and are pretending to go along with everything so that they can get married and break away, but have to take this process slowly in order to make it convincing? I mean, probably not, but it's a nice thought...

Isn't slow suspicious in fundieland?

dyscalculia. I wonder if I have that. I struggled with math all the way back to first grade...math problems past sums of 16 in first, long division in third, two-step multiplication in fourth, fractions in fifth and sixth. I had to take pre-algebra my freshman year instead of basic algebra, and I got straight D's in geometry my Jr year.

I think there was one episode where they traveled overseas and a guy there didn't believe in God. I think JB gave him a whole lecture :angry-banghead:

I love the scene in Israel where JB boasted to the camel driver that he had nineteen kids. The camel driver looked at him with the "umm, yeah, so what" look. JB was completely unaware how common that family size is amongst certain groups in Israel.

dyscalculia. I wonder if I have that. I struggled with math all the way back to first grade...math problems past sums of 16 in first, long division in third, two-step multiplication in fourth, fractions in fifth and sixth. I had to take pre-algebra my freshman year instead of basic algebra, and I got straight D's in geometry my Jr year.

It's possible, but google it. Sufferes also have difficulty reading maps and or with directions and have trouble with right vs left... Also, duscalculia patients tend to have very high reading comprehension and writing skills. It's basically like a huge imbalance. Maybe we excel at reading because our math skills suck and this is how we cope?

Either way, there are not yet a lot of resources for this disorder. If I wanted to learn math, I'd have no idea how, because I do not learn it the way everyone else does.

Archived