IGNORED

Lori - V-Day Causes Divorce - Now With Moar Ken! Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Koala wrote:Hisey wrote:What is this obsession with food, and eating all these odd things to cure "gut" and parasite problems? Ken, Lori, even Cassi seems like this. Don't their friends find that all this food-talk gets old. There are other things in life.

I was wondering the same thing. Salad for dinner every night seems very off kilter and extreme to me. I am also wondering how both Lori and her daughter got parasites. I am not saying it didn't happen, I am just kind of because I didn't know it was such a thing, and if it is I'd like to avoid it

I don't know how old you are, but when I was little, they called it "the worms." No one knew exactly what the worms were, but they knew when you had it. "Little Suzie has bad stomach pains." "UHOH SHE HAS THE WORMS!" "Little Suzie has a fever." "OH NO, IT'S PROBABLY THE WORMS!" Those freaking worms were the diagnosis to every symptom that someone had. Of course I would freak out, because I pictured worms crawling in my body. I can't be the only person in my age group who remembers the dreaded worms.

Oh the "worms" are still alive. I spend a fair bit of my life trying to convince people that their "worms" are actually toilet paper or the remains of veggies they ate yesterday.

Courtney that is unfair to say!

I just looked at you and your husband on your blog and your are an ideal model of femininity.

A woman can wear these things and be feminine, but many who wear them are doing so to look masculine, or at least not feminine.

Your face and smile makes it look like you could wear a potato sack and still look feminine, even with short hair. But I do think you would look better with longer hair maybe to the shoulders .... but my opinion doesn’t count if your man likes it short. He is the one you are pleasing :).

My jaw ... I need help picking it back up. Why ... why is he talking to her like this?

Am I reading this right? It reads like he's perving on her on his wife's blog. :ew:

Ken replying to a blog reader in the above mentioned post:

As you know your last comments were deleted because they were untrue, unkind and uncalled for. It is interesting to see you throw stones and then do exactly what you accuse Lori of, not being compassionate.

You clearly state that you had body issues growing up, and yes, many girls and guys do. Lori's post is very specific in speaking to the "heavy and out of shape." Many body types exist and it is up to each person to determine what healthy living looks like for themselves.

It seems that you are asking for compassion from Lori in recognizing that you and many other women had/have body issues... and she will take it under consideration. But recognize that much of what you may be offended by may be your own past insecurities. Don't put all your feelings on Lori and this one post she wrote with the intent to be motivational, not demeaning. You have her all wrong on this

It blows my mind that while he was typing all of this he had 2 daughters with blogs describing battling body image issues. Absolutely blows my mind.

I am not sure which comments by this particular reader were deleted, but I do know that one commenter said something about the way their daughters dress and Ken of course chimed in to defend them while conceding that sometimes they dressed in a way he described as "Christian risque" Lori got on and promptly deleted the whole shebang.

So, Lori's blog has gone from her railing on women to submit while saying it is fulfilling even if it is hard to submit to a guy who is "imperfect" and coming across as quietly bitching about Ken to a place where Ken and she are basically fighting in public while pretending they are battling others?

Can this marriage be saved????

:popcorn2:

Christian Risqué? Never heard of that. :?

I'm going to copy this over here to see how many times Ken can ignore it. :lol:

Still ignoring one of the big issue with Lori, though, Ken. I'm not sure if you are doing this intentionally or what. But here is what I am talking about. Will doing it in bullet form help you grasp what I'm saying?(not actually being snarky here, if you are skimming instead of reading the posts this might help. You seem to display a pattern of grasping onto a word or two from a post and focusing on that.)

~Lori is giving marriage advice over the internet without knowing the full story.(Example: the woman locked out of her house. Lori does not know if this is an escalating pattern of abuse, a one time incident, worse than the writer made it seem because abused women will do that when discussing problems. She doesn't know, yet gave advice to submit more not knowing if that would be helpful or dangerous. Also, the time she gave out advise to the woman about spanking without knowing that she had been spanking hard enough to worry about breaking bones.)

~Lori is giving marriage advice over the internet starting with a negative bias about women(Example: post with the woman locked out of the house. Lori automatically blamed the woman for not being submissive enough or respectful to her husband. She has no way of knowing if this is true, she just has a negative bias against women.)

~Lori assumes things about the situation when giving advice.(Example: back to the woman locked out of the post. She assumed that the woman started getting disrespectful and unsubmissive with out knowing if any of that is true.)

*So we have a woman giving advice based on not knowing the whole story, a negative bias, and assumptions. Please explain to me how that is a wise idea. Especially since you have accused us of making assumptions about things on your blog because we have a negative bias. If it is bad for us, when we aren't even giving advice, how much worse is it for Lori who is setting herself up as a mentor?

~Lori also promoted a rape advocate on her blog. Either she doesn't think rape is really that bad, which means she isn't qualified to mentor young married women, or she lacks the discernment to notice the very obvious rape advocacy on the blog, which also means she isn't qualified to mentor young married women. Especially on the internet where she will need to be able to try and discern if the person she is mentoring is abused.

My jaw ... I need help picking it back up. Why ... why is he talking to her like this?

Am I reading this right? It reads like he's perving on her on his wife's blog. :ew:

His comments to her often strike me as way off. I think Lori senses it too, because she tends to be sharp with her.

Koala asked this on the other thread and I'm not sure it ever got answered:

Ken wrote:

“HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." (Matt 19:19) Is your husband not your neighbor?

Totally off topic, but do you feel you and Lori apply this principle to Lori's parents. They seem to do a lot for her, but the pair of you continually offer them up as an example of a bad marriage, at least when Lori was growing up. Do you feel it is honoring them to constantly bring that up or air it on Lori's blog?

Oh the "worms" are still alive. I spend a fair bit of my life trying to convince people that their "worms" are actually toilet paper or the remains of veggies they ate yesterday.

Umm... I suspect that cases are probably pretty rare, but I've definitely been closely involved with a case of the REAL worms. :embarrassed: Ha ha, and once you have seen a real case, I think you're more apt to imagine it because it's kind of a horrifying idea: "Oh no, what's that in the toilet?! IS IT A WORM?!" I'm constantly a little convinced that I have worms, but I'm too horrified to ever think about finding out-- it's better to just be ignorant!

Or Miracle Noodles Angel Hair.

I can't believe that the worms are still alive! LOL

Umm... I suspect that cases are probably pretty rare, but I've definitely been closely involved with a case of the REAL worms. :embarrassed: Ha ha, and once you have seen a real case, I think you're more apt to imagine it because it's kind of a horrifying idea: "Oh no, what's that in the toilet?! IS IT A WORM?!" I'm constantly a little convinced that I have worms, but I'm too horrified to ever think about finding out-- it's better to just be ignorant!

You had the real worms? lol I don't mean to laugh, but I never knew anyone who really had them. What did they look like? Were they tiny? As a child, I was so terrified at the thought.

The good news for Ken is that I have other things to do today, so this will be my last time slandering him via quote for at least a few hours.

Ken Alexander:

Don't worry about every single man. Adorn yourself with modesty. If 1/8th of your breast on each side is showing is that modest? What about a 1/4 of your breast? You decide on modesty and ask your husband and father what they think. Somewhere between the 1/8th and 1/4th I think modesty s lost, but best no cleavage. And dresses a couple pr few inches above the know can look great!

God calls women to be modest to help insure they are not a temptation to men.

I'm one of those Godless, single women that doesn't have a husband, so I'm trying to imagine asking my father if it's okay if I show 1/8th to 1/4th of my breast. DOES NOT COMPUTE :shock:. I think my dad would suggest a trip to see the nice doctor with the good medication if his adult daughter suddenly decided she couldn't dress herself without his input.

I literally laughed out loud, particularly when I came up to the potato sack part. In what universe is this appropriate, Ken? This is some other man's wife you're talking about! And in case you don't get it, let's turn this around. What man would you like making comments like this towards Lori? Exactly.

She's playing it safe today--a roast chicken recipe. :D

Which she roasted for TWO AND A HALF HOURS!!!!!

No wonder the wings fell off, that thing is cremated! Her own recipe is 1 hour 30. Which whilst still a bit long is at a higher temp. I think Lori should stick with her own recipe.

I see the post that Ken had "helped written" is back up on Lori's blog. Did he ever say why it was taken down in the first place? And Jesus Christ on a cracker, if you're going to put it back up, can't you fix the grammar?!

You had the real worms? lol I don't mean to laugh, but I never knew anyone who really had them. What did they look like? Were they tiny? As a child, I was so terrified at the thought.

Yeah, I had them when I was little. They looked a bit like small, wiggling grains of rice... I went running to my mom telling her there were white, squiggly things on my [excrement]. She came in, took a look, and immediately called her nurse friend. I don't remember what the treatment was, exactly. I do remember that I had to go to sleep with duct tape on my butt to draw some of the worms out (I think it was to diagnosis them, as we flushed the toilet).

So now, every time I feel something itchy inside, I panic. Ha ha. Who knows... I guess they aren't normally that visible, at least not until it's a serious case, so maybe I've just been infected with worms for years. Uuuuuugh. :ew:

Yeah, I had them when I was little. They looked a bit like small, wiggling grains of rice... I went running to my mom telling her there were white, squiggly things on my [excrement]. She came in, took a look, and immediately called her nurse friend. I don't remember what the treatment was, exactly. I do remember that I had to go to sleep with duct tape on my butt to draw some of the worms out (I think it was to diagnosis them, as we flushed the toilet).

So now, every time I feel something itchy inside, I panic. Ha ha. Who knows... I guess they aren't normally that visible, at least not until it's a serious case, so maybe I've just been infected with worms for years. Uuuuuugh. :ew:

Oh my God, that's exactly how I pictured them when I was a child. I pictured little white worms moving around in my body. You must have been so scared. I never had them, but it was one of my worst childhood fears.

Oh my God, that's exactly how I pictured them when I was a child. I pictured little white worms moving around in my body. You must have been so scared. I never had them, but it was one of my worst childhood fears.

THANKFULLY I hadn't heard of them before. So it wasn't a terrible fear coming true for me. I don't remember being particularly scared or grossed out at the time-- it was just something that happened. I do think I got the "Heeeey... don't mention this to the kids at school" speech from my mom, ha ha. It's a lot more terrifying now, looking back as an adult and realizing how gross and disturbing that is. Like I said, NOW whenever I have an itchy butt, "OMG, WHAT IF IT'S WORMS?" But I don't want to tell people about said fear because, well, it's a little embarrassing.

I had pinworms around the time I started high school. They were maybe a half-inch long and freaked me the fuck out. The doctor said they were basically harmless, but I wanted them out of me. I was treated with a course of antibiotics. (This will probably not be a cheery thought, but given that I had them, my whole family probably had them, too-- it's common for people to be asymptomatic.)

Had pinworms too. Yes, it was both icky and itchy. Took some medicine that cleared it up fast.

Pinworms are pretty common in children but they don't do any harm other than the itchy anus thing. They don't cause fevers or stomach problems and treatment is pretty simple (except of course for the poor parent who has to launder everything in the room!). The worms some of my patients think they have are the tapeworms (really rare in this country but they are HUGE) or occasionally ascaris (sort of like an earthworm). In most cases they don't have them. I really only see them in immigrants or travelers.

from other thread: latraviata: Add the spanking and voila excellent parental skills!! Lori must be so proud!!

blogspot.nl/2012/07/preventing-picky-eaters.htm

That is so bad. It's how children grow up to have food issues. The pediatrician said that food issues were not big during the Depression era because people had a different attitude. He said that if the child didn't want to eat, the parent had a "Who cares, do whatever you want, more for the rest of us" attitude. I took that same attitude. A child can't control with food if the parents act like it's no big deal. There's nothing and no one to control when the person you're trying to control doesn't care what you eat.

Pinworms here too. I hated them. The first time my doctor tested a sample they couldn't find any. The second sample they did.

Its really creepy seeing tiny worms in your poop.

That is so bad. It's how children grow up to have food issues. The pediatrician said that food issues were not big during the Depression era because people had a different attitude. He said that if the child didn't want to eat, the parent had a "Who cares, do whatever you want, more for the rest of us" attitude. I took that same attitude. A child can't control with food if the parents act like it's no big deal. There's nothing and no one to control when the person you're trying to control doesn't care what you eat.

Same.

My nearly 80 year old Mother's pet hate is 'Children's' food. She gets baby food, basically mashed adult food but she shakes her head in wonder at children food and says these poor Mothers falling for this expensive nonsense :lol: The phenomena of my child will only eat Chicken nuggets is quite easy when you have that mindset.

She had a take it or leave it attitude with food. She neither forced us to eat nor went out of her way to pander to childish whim.

She did though feed her first grandchild a Chocolate orange for lunch once which the 2 year old spied. Cos' you know that's what Nanas are for. Said grandchild is about to graduate from University without any major issues as per Ken's mandate. She was not spanked either. I'm not sure if she is saved though. That's her own business. Good kid.

Next person to mention worms and I'm going to bring back the canned chicken.

Archived