IGNORED

The Maxwells are patronizing/new baby photoshoot

SPHASH

That photo that Christopher took is god-awful.

. Not only Chris's photography skills suck, his wedding criteria (first time marriages only, bridal party must be modest, no dancing) is ridiculous. I wonder if he gets any business at all.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. Not only Chris's photography skills suck, his wedding criteria (first time marriages only, bridal party must be modest, no dancing) is ridiculous. I wonder if he gets any business at all.

Especially as most of those families have a "photographer" in the family already. It's a common business/hobby for both SAHDs and homeschooled young men,

THAT'S why the photos and the graphics and the legwarmers looked so familiar.

I have two cotton coverings from GoG that I wear a lot and I seriously covet their cowls, but so far I can't bring myself to pay for one. They do beautiful work and their packaging is lovely but their prices are still high.

They really do have beautiful stuff, and they do last a while. I've had all the headbands I bought from them for a while, at least two years and they have worn really well, still very cute. I haven't tried a cowl, but my hair is short right now so I don't think it would work for me. I have a bunch of the cecilys, I'm obsessed with the lace ones. I love their work, but wish the price point was a bit lower, there are a lot of etsy sellers doing similar things for cheaper prices. I recently found a shop making basically the same thing for about 10 bucks a headband, same quality, same cute packaging, more in my price range ;)

I find the GoG family interesting, I follow one of the sister's blog- Shiloh Photography. They are very talented and very business savvy, the Maxwells could learn a lot from them about making products to sell that are current and in demand instead of boring conferences.

We don't know that none of the reversal boys haven't tried to court anyone. One or more could have approached a Father and was rejected. I doubt they would blog about a courtship until they are sure it will lead to marriage. (Unless there is another "Elizabeth" out there. ;) )

I noticed that the Maxwell's posted that they did a photo shoot with the four cousins. That baby is like 24 hours old. Don't they want to isolate her from germs until her immune system kicks in? I guess they think God will protect her from that. Weird. What if the baby got sick? :wtf:

I noticed that the Maxwell's posted that they did a photo shoot with the four cousins. That baby is like 24 hours old. Don't they want to isolate her from germs until her immune system kicks in? I guess they think God will protect her from that. Weird. What if the baby got sick? :wtf:

The baby is already around her older brother, Joshua. None of these kids has regular contact with other children, so they might not catch whichever illnesses happen to be circulating through the schools and daycares.

Above and beyond anything else, I can't believe they paid $30 for an infant headband. SMH. Waste of money!

Especially when one of the daughters could have made if from scraps!!! Jeez-0-pete, those things are pricey.

Why not a photo with Joshua as well? It is his baby sister. I know there was one if him and the baby, but why not all the cousins.

The Maxells are beyond strange.

Why not a photo with Joshua as well? It is his baby sister. I know there was one if him and the baby, but why not all the cousins.

Well, it did say there were more pictures to come, and the photo session with the girl cousins was "special". I'm sure in the next few days there will be a bunch of pics with everyone holding the baby.

Those ludicrous things on girl's heads have not made it to my demographic yet. I hope they do not. I'm a bit scared though.

What absolutely gorgeous kiddies though. I tend to think all kids are cute but the oldest wee girl is super cute.

Yeah NR Anna had to give up her soap business when she married Chris.

To be precise, she gave up her herd of dairy goats behind when she moved to KS. Making goat's milk soap doesn't really pay if you have to purchase the goat's milk from someone else.

I know, that was odd. Why exclude him? Because he's a boy and can't wear a head flower?

A normal, healthy newborn can be hold by its relatives and there's no problem with germs.

Germs you can find in a clean house or in a clean person are GOOD for babies, it enforces their immune system. Germs are part of life, you cannot avoid them, they are everywhere. It's isolating newborns, bathing them in excess or nonstop sterilize their items which makes their immune system not to develop, even increasing allergy risk.

Only preemies or sick newborns have to be relatively isolated (isolated from relatives but not from parents).

Why does Christopher over expose every photo? The white is blinding and the kids blend in to the background too much. He's really not a talented photographer.

You are not kidding. I could barely see Christina in the picture.

Speaking of Christina, this is the first picture I've seen where she looks more like a toddler than a baby.

I just realized there is about $130 worth of headbands in that picture! Yow! Of course, the Maxwells probably got a deal on them in exchange for promoting them, but still. How many average fundie families with the usual 1000 kids could afford those?

I don't know about the rest of you but as someone who needs her clothing shortened (even the petite sizes) someone with sewing skills can have a nice steady business. Not sure Stevo would allow his daughter to fraternize with us heathen women in pants though.

The little Maxwell girls are so cute. I like the head bands but I wonder if the girls pull them off. I know I could never get my girls to keep anything in their hair when they were toddlers.

Good grief Sarah is wearing a bow in her hair just like her nieces. Earth to Sarah even if your dad still thinks your a child you are 32 years old, not 2.

Wow. Abby and Bethany really do have that Maxwellian smile down pat now, don't they? :?

Archived