IGNORED

Team Maxwell!

Eternalbluepearl

Would you mind posting what your email said?

That is such a bizarre answer. We know they go to grocery stores and Costco. They've posted pictures of taking Nat's girls to the grocery store, too. You can try and shop during "off peak" times to avoid some of the "ungodly" dress, but you can't avoid the muzak....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps, as another poster pointed out, Steve's writing another book about avoiding secularism on those outside trips. Why give it away when you can sell it? Now, I do believe Steve is a true-believer and he's living the life espoused in his books. I just think he's very sparing of what he's willing to "give" to his followers.

Nowhere in those pictures do I see any evidence of safety mats (especially for the box jumping...in a skirt) or a sibling acting as a spotter for the weights. Not that it's always necessary but you'd think the Maxwells would give it some consideration. Unless, of course, they think they don't need it because Jesus...

None of those exercises require a spotter.

The list:

Pushups

Virtual shovel

Medicine ball clean (can be subbed for weighted or regular squats)

Kettlebell swing

Box jumps (20″)

Overhead lunges

Obviously no one needs a spot for pushups. Some motivation might be nice for certain individuals, but I guess Jesus can do that.

Not sure what the "virtual shovel" is, but it looks weird and inefficient for strength training.

Medicine ball clean/squats/bodyweight squats: Squats don't require a spot and can be dangerous to someone who tries to spot. I have no idea how they can do this exercise in a skirt, especially those skirts that don't look like they will give enough "space" at the thigh area.

Kettlebell swing: No idea how this is even possible - the skirt would get in the way. Doesn't need a spot though.

Box jumps: How would someone spot this? And I do it, and see people doing it at the gym every day, no safety mats.

Overhead lunges: again, not something that needs a spotter, and also nearly impossible to do with the limited flexibility of a skirt.

Overall, it looks like Steve designed a reasonable program with the limited space, funds, and time they have. However, it sounds boring and they really should reconsider their choice of workout apparel. Maybe they just put the skirts on for the photos?

None of those exercises require a spotter.

The list:

Obviously no one needs a spot for pushups. Some motivation might be nice for certain individuals, but I guess Jesus can do that.

Not sure what the "virtual shovel" is, but it looks weird and inefficient for strength training.

Medicine ball clean/squats/bodyweight squats: Squats don't require a spot and can be dangerous to someone who tries to spot. I have no idea how they can do this exercise in a skirt, especially those skirts that don't look like they will give enough "space" at the thigh area.

Kettlebell swing: No idea how this is even possible - the skirt would get in the way. Doesn't need a spot though.

Box jumps: How would someone spot this? And I do it, and see people doing it at the gym every day, no safety mats.

Overhead lunges: again, not something that needs a spotter, and also nearly impossible to do with the limited flexibility of a skirt.

Overall, it looks like Steve designed a reasonable program with the limited space, funds, and time they have. However, it sounds boring and they really should reconsider their choice of workout apparel. Maybe they just put the skirts on for the photos?

I nicely asked Steve that but of course that wasn't approved. His level of censorship is crazy.

Archived