IGNORED

Another proclamation by Botkin Pere

Marian the Librarian

At westernconservatory.com, "Do You Believe in Courtship?" is the latest bloviation. In a nutshell, there are currently hundreds of separate definitions of courtship, but GB is prepared to reveal the One Right Way -- which must be "wrenching spiritually," and is all about the young lady assisting the young man in his challenging mission. No mention of said assistance being reciprocated, young man --> young woman.

sounds quite familiar to the "gospel centered marriages" event that Scott Brown and the NCFIC is doing in a few weeks. But I bet the Botkin version of it will outdistance any other event, seminar,.., that was ever done concerning that matter in holiness, purity, blabla. seems like GB really has a hotline to heaven...

For Pa Botkin to continue to maintain his brand, he has to marry off one of his princesses fairly soon. If the Princesses of Courtship never get their Prince Charming, its going to be hard to sell this courtship bs to newbie fundie maidens.

That little graphic they have at the top of a stick figure kissing the hand of another stick figure is defrauding me.

I'm going to go get really drunk and have some kind of deviant sex as a response.

YOU MADE ME DO THIS GEOFF. :cry:

Hate to break it to papa bot, but not all men have a "challenging mission." A lot of the men I know (my dad, my husband, my bro-in-law, my grandfather, my in-laws, etc) are not all fired up with their missions in life. They're good men who want to provide for their families and have a nice life, whatever that means to them. They're not out trying to change the world through webcasts and bloviating and yelling at homosexuals and whatever else the VF crowd thinks is a "challenging mission." Instead, the men I know work hard at good/decent jobs, take care of their families, are good to the people around them, and are just all-round good guys. While I love them, because they're my family, I wouldn't say that any of them are *extraordinary* at being men - they're just themselves. And honestly, I vastly prefer that to men who seem to think they're experts at everything. I wouldn't want a man like papa bot or any of the bot sons - I really like my quiet life!!

Why does he not consider this? His own daughter has said that she wants a quiet life out of the public eye, and why is that so bad???

(mostly these are hypothetical questions; I know being a decent guy isn't good enough for papa bot since he is delusional and thinks that all men must be like him)

"In the book of Genesis, it is so clear why God created Adam. Adam had a dominion mission to subdue and cultivate the place God created to be His kingdom, a mission which continues (Ps. 8; 2 Cor. 2:14)."

O RLY?

What is the chief end of man? A. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

My husband has a day job, but his real mission is to be a musician. Not to fear, I am here to assist him by serving as his groupie :D

Also, it is only a very weird type of man who thinks his wife or daughter SHOULD serve him...most will be offended by the idea, women have their own lives to lead; well-adjusted men want a spouse as an equal for a give and take relationship, and they want their daughters to grow up and have their own lives and maybe win the Nobel prize or something.

That little graphic they have at the top of a stick figure kissing the hand of another stick figure is defrauding me.

I'm going to go get really drunk and have some kind of deviant sex as a response.

YOU MADE ME DO THIS GEOFF. :cry:

I love you, Athena!

(Of course, not in a deviant sex kind of way.) :happy-jumpgreen:

Archived