IGNORED

Sister Wives is bbbaaaccckkk!!!1!

Justme

Welcome, Cynical Jinx! And can I say, A++ on the screencaps... I can't stop giggling at the expressions and love them very dearly already.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kody's inability to understand student loans and Meri's tantrum at the graduation just about pushed me over the edge tonight!!!

I can't believe he actually bought Jenelle that offensive tile, and I wish her mother had been more honest to him about how rude that statement on it was. I would be so pissed off if I had gotten that as a gift.

ETA: Hooray this comment makes me a sin in the camp!

I just have to add this because I'm watching that episode on demand, Jenelle's sign says "I kiss better THEN I cook"! It's not even the right word! Unless he means she kisses better than all of the other wives and proceeds to cook. I'm sure that's what he meant. ;)

Gift fail.

Hi Everybody!!

I apologize for not posting this sooner, but, if you're still interested, I'm doing my reviews of Sister Wives (and other polygamy centered reality shows) at my new home: http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/.

About those wrestling mats - did I miss this somehow because I don't remember Robyn's garage being mentioned for wrestling room conversion? And the Bulldogs are Centennial High School, where the Brown teens attend high school. Kody was even wearing a Centennial TShirt in that segment. Oh, and did you see how Kody was totally faking having the mat on his back when they were taking it out of the Uhaul truck?

I think it's interesting how in the last episode, we are shown that Meri has friend(s) outside of her sisterwives, who also happen to be mainstream Mormon. I just find it odd since Kody said Logan wouldn't be welcomed by the Mormon church because he was a plyg-kid when Janelle suggested he attend a Mormon church. Oh, and don't forget Mariah was attending the Mormon Seminary at Centennial (and on twitter there was a picture of her in front of Meri's McMansion saying she was going to church services with her best friend). Just some things that make me go hmmmm.....

I don't remember seeing this discussed on here before, but I'm interested in seeing what's going on with Christine's youngest child, Truely. I always thought she looked so much younger than her actual age. Maybe it's cause she doesn't have much hair. I don't know though, she just looks kind of different. Do you guys see that too? The trailer for the season made mention of something being wrong with her.

I don't remember seeing this discussed on here before, but I'm interested in seeing what's going on with Christine's youngest child, Truely. I always thought she looked so much younger than her actual age. Maybe it's cause she doesn't have much hair. I don't know though, she just looks kind of different. Do you guys see that too? The trailer for the season made mention of something being wrong with her.

Maddie mentioned in a tweet that during the summer Truely was hospitalized with kidney failure for a week.

Some of the latest tweet pictures show her looking healthy. She has hair now and looks like Aspyn and Mykelti when they were babies! Sometimes the production company will mention something in the season trailer that for some reason never makes it to the actual show. I hope that isn't the case here.

I loved the look on Robyn's face when the fortune teller said that Kody was going to have a fifth wife (did they all really say that people only say that because they're going after Kody? I think even Kody said that, but I was half asleep).

Christine seemed more relaxed and confident than she has in a long time.

Christine is the only one who graduated from high school. Kody aims high with these wives.

That's what they said but then the others talked about their graduations and pathetic parties so I'm confused

All three wives except Christine are high school dropouts?!? :|

I mean, I kind of expected that from Robyn as she's a complete halfwit, but... wow.

Christine is the only one who graduated from high school. Kody aims high with these wives.

No wonder they've had trouble finding jobs after moving. (not to talk smack about people with less than a high school degree, but the triple threat of that plus leaving their old jobs with basically zero notice plus the job market going into the tank for basically everyone... yikes). (and minus the whole "let's start a jewelry business" thing)

Someone on TWoP said what was meant was that Meri was the only one in her family who graduated from high school. Janelle graduated from college and Robyn and Meri both attended some college. I was confused by what Mariah meant also.

Edited because typing under the influence of medication does not always end up accurate.

Someone on TWoP said what was meant was that Christine was the only one in her family who graduated from high school. Janelle graduated from college and Robyn and Meri both attended some college. I was confused by what Mariah meant also.

I had to wonder, because Janelle seems to have solid skills like accounting, and also seems articulate and somewhat worldly (not that you can't teach yourself, it's just less likely).

I'm more shocked that Robyn was actually accepted into some college.

Perhaps I missed, but what are Aspyn's plans? Is she going to college, and if so, what does she want to study? Madison is also born in '95, like Mariah and Aspyn, but wasn't graduating. Are there different age cut offs in Nevada? Ours is by the calendar year. Oh well, Madison and Mykelti will be graduating at the end of this year together.

They began school in Wyoming maybe? Perhaps Nevada. So it would have been the age cut off where they were living when they began school. Aspyn is going to UNLV I think they said. One of the next two girls wants to go to fashion design school.

Perhaps I missed, but what are Aspyn's plans? Is she going to college, and if so, what does she want to study? Madison is also born in '95, like Mariah and Aspyn, but wasn't graduating. Are there different age cut offs in Nevada? Ours is by the calendar year. Oh well, Madison and Mykelti will be graduating at the end of this year together.

According to Christine, Aspyn's plans are to marry a rich man and have a brood of kids on a little homestead. Kody is the one who always tells the girls, "a man is not a financial plan."

I believe Aspyn took some college classes so she could graduate a year early. The high school had something set up with one of the colleges around there for the students. I could be wrong but I think they touched on this last season.

no big whoop on extended nursing. I nursed both of mine until they were 3 1/2. Which meant I nursed while pregnant and tandem nursed for about 1 1/2 years. Older nurslings don't nurse every 2 - 3 hours like babies do.

Yep, your period will come back eventually, nursing or not. Mine came back at 14 months and I was a bed sharing, nurse on demand mama. I nursed my son until he was almost 4.5. He weaned two months ago on his own and on his terms which is what we wanted.

Way to go, mama!

I believe Aspyn took some college classes so she could graduate a year early. The high school had something set up with one of the colleges around there for the students. I could be wrong but I think they touched on this last season.

i think that was mykelti

I live in a state that has a Sept. 1 age cutoff.

Nevada's cutoff is September 30.

She would have started kindergarten in Utah, though, where the cut-off is September 2nd (from what I gathered on-line).

In any case, Madison's birthday is in November, which is well past most cut-off dates, putting her a year later than Mariah and Aspyn.

Was just over at Cynical Jinx's new site all day reading. I am so excited to see her back in action and to see a lot of the other posters I've missed!!

YAY!!! It is bookmarked!

I did cruise by the "improved" MSWC website- those pics are flying on & off the screen & seem to be going by really fast. Anybody else notice that?

Archived