IGNORED

Ex male feminist now supports secular patriarchy

antares

Because I support traditional womens rights, the rights of women to be taken care of and do traditional roles that feminists demonized! Feminism destroyed my masculinity and made me undesirable to women.

And causes social breakdown

athriftyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-i-support-patriarchy.html?m=1

WTF did I just read? I felt my IQ drop by a few points as I was reading that tripe.

And this:

I am an atheist man living in the United States and I support patriarchy, I support traditional gender roles, in particular I support the traditional non-working wife. To many in the West today “patriarchy†is a scary word; in particular among those not in a religious setting (such as myself) the idea of supporting patriarchy is just plain bizarre. Still I am who I am; an atheist man in the West supporting patriarchy.

Vs.

Patriarchy is Chivalry; Chivalry defined as the male duty to provide for and protect women according to the collective judgment of men as a community and according to the conscience and sense of purpose of each individual man ultimately under the authority of God.

And

Also it should be remembered that in a patriarchal social system each individual man is always under men collectively; under the law; and that the man always is considered to be under God, obligated to use his authority for the Godly purpose of supporting and guiding his family overall.

:? He sure talks a lot about God, for an atheist.

I think these are the same type pulling a peewee Herman's. Pounding themselves like they were beating a rented circus monkey. In front if others.

Fail. :shrug:

TWRA= traditional women's rights activist

whatswrongwithequalrights.wordpress.com/join-traditional-womens-rights-activists/

whatswrongwithequalrights.wordpress.com/woman-thou-art-equal/

TWRAs

Official TWRA principles and the foundation of the rights of the traditional woman:

-A belief in chivalry

-A belief in the duty of a husband to financially provide for and protect his wife

-A belief that women are to submit to their husbands

-A belief that marriage is a sacred and lifetime union between one man and one woman

-A strong belief that the legitimacy of children matters

-Finally, a belief that women are to be protected from traditional male duties and responsibilities to focus on their traditional roles

Official TWRA Policy Positions:

These are the basics of the legal rights of the traditional woman, the general idea of policies Traditional Women’s Rights Activists would like to see:

-Make it the sole obligation of the husband to support his wife and children and exempt a woman from her husband’s debts and responsibilities

-Protect mothers by ensuring that their young children remain with them and ensure that mothers are afforded every possible protection so they may remain in the home with their children and be helpers to their husbands

-Make the husband the legal head of the family, with sole authority and responsibility for the actions, support and well being of his family

-That marriage be recognized as a contract and permanent binding of a husband and wife, only to be legally severed in cases of severe abuse, infidelity or abandonment.

-Exempt women from combat service and the draft and exempt women from any obligation to participate in politics, jury duty or being called upon to quell any disturbances (such as making an arrest or being called upon by a law enforcement officer to protect citizens in times of danger or civil unrest)

-Grant to women the traditional rights of being protected from perverted/cruel speech from males and her rights to recover damages for breach of promise to marry and seduction

-Have fatherhood be only legally recognized when it arises from legal marriage to the natural mother or from adoption proceedings, unless said father should legally marry the mother and be responsible for all bills and necessities from pregnancy/birth and be liable to support the mother and child as a husband is entitled from that point on.

-Coverture: Coverture being defined as the legal merging of a husband and wife at marriage. Under Coverture husband and wife are considered to be one entity under the law. The husband holds responsibility to provide his wife and children the necessities (not necessarily the luxuries) according to his abilities. Necessities are defined as food, clothing, necessary medical care and a home to live in. Under Coverture a wife may not independently sue or be sued and the husband holds sole liability and authority for his wife as much as his children.

These legal goals contain most, but not all, of TWRA beliefs.

RD is right, what exactly is traditional marriage?

1950's - despite what is considered the "Golden Era" of patriarchy by some, many women worked outside of the home - especially working class women. My grandma tells me stories about how she worked part time at the local bowling alley and her girlfriends who did the same.

1900 - Victorian era. Women who lived on farms worked their asses off...it might have been "in the home" but housework in those days was hard physical labor. Oftentimes the women worked out in the fields alongside their husbands. Working class women in cities often worked from home in the piecework industry and single women had factory jobs.

The stay at home mom has always existed but until the past few decades mother stayed home and literally worked her ass off while keeping an eye on the children. The image of women who have this graceful lifestyle and take care of perfect children was enjoyed by a few upperclass women.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander too. I propose to this moron that he should start farming (and NOT with the labor saving machines we have today), hunt for his own food and take care of his own farm animals. Or work 70 hours a week in a steel mill for $1 a day. I'm sure he wouldn't be too keen on doing that with the tables turned....

RD is right, what exactly is traditional marriage?

1950's - despite what is considered the "Golden Era" of patriarchy by some, many women worked outside of the home - especially working class women. My grandma tells me stories about how she worked part time at the local bowling alley and her girlfriends who did the same.

1900 - Victorian era. Women who lived on farms worked their asses off...it might have been "in the home" but housework in those days was hard physical labor. Oftentimes the women worked out in the fields alongside their husbands. Working class women in cities often worked from home in the piecework industry and single women had factory jobs.

The stay at home mom has always existed but until the past few decades mother stayed home and literally worked her ass off while keeping an eye on the children. The image of women who have this graceful lifestyle and take care of perfect children was enjoyed by a few upperclass women.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander too. I propose to this moron that he should start farming (and NOT with the labor saving machines we have today), hunt for his own food and take care of his own farm animals. Or work 70 hours a week in a steel mill for $1 a day. I'm sure he wouldn't be too keen on doing that with the tables turned....

Expanding upon the theme you've proposed:

Ancient Greece: the typical man will marry a woman to produce children, consort with courtesans at symposia, fall in love with men, and have sex with young boys for pleasure.

Ancient Rome, as described by 18th century historian Vico: the nobles bitterly fight against the right of the plebeians to have legally recognized marriages, because the plebeians could not prove their ancestry and it was believed that they bred with immediate relatives "like dogs." To recognize marriage among this class of people was thought to be an abomination, not a universal right to which they were entitled.

Pre-common-era Jewish society as described in the Christian Old Testament: marriage consists of one man, and his many wives and concubines.

Ah, the ideal of marriage; so traditional and unchanging throughout history!

This guy just sounds bitter because he can't get a girlfriend. Newsflash pal: Feminism did not make you unattractive to women, your shitty entitled personality did. :roll:

so according to that list, if you get pregnant by your boyfriend, the child is legally not his unless you marry. meaning he gets to run away and leave you a single mother.

that is stupid.

Archived