IGNORED

I'm sensing some snark potential here

GenerationCedarchip

As many of you know, I was raised on the fundie farm. Some in my family are still reformed fundies and while they're basically good people, they do put me on some fantastic mailing lists. I have an aunt who gives me a gift subscription to Above Rubies each year, for instance. Anyway, in today's mail I got a flyer exhorting me to "lift my man high" by getting him a subscription to something called 21st Century Patriarch.

Just the name makes me :laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling:

I tried to find it online, but could only find a DVD sermon of the same name. Anyone heard of it?

Maybe it's called a "subscription" because it's a Series! of Four! DVD! Messages! ? (aboverubies.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=558&Itemid=400078)

I'm so glad I didn't grow up fundie, but sometimes I am a little envious of your stories, GC! I never get stuff like that in the mail -- instead, I get fliers asking for $$ from the ACLU because they still have my name from when my parents bought me a membership 15 years ago. :)

Archived