IGNORED

The Christmas Candle

Full enough quiver

So, my husband is friends with a fundie lite couple. The woman "Jane" gets on my last nerve, but she was a very close friend of hubby's late wife, so I try to be nice. Anyway, it's her 50th birthday next week, and she wants everyone to meet at Chik-fil-a (not happening) and then meet at the theater to see Max Lucado's The Christmas Candle. From what I can tell, the movie looks cheesy and religious, which I could deal with, but I don't like my money to go to people who will use it for evil (like Chick-fil-a or Hobby Lobby). What does anyone know about this movie? Can I see it without violating my principles? (other than the I don't waste money on stupid shit)

Well, Rick Santorum is promoting it, so I'd pass for that reason alone (but if it was on the Hallmark Channel, which I get as part of my basic cable entertainment package, I'd probably get sucked into it, because I'm a sucker for sappy Christmas movies).

The story doesn't sound that bad, I'm sure it will be somewhat preachy and badly acted, but probably not the worst movie I've ever seen. I didn't know Santorum was promoting it, so yeah, I think I'll pass. Like I said, I can't stand this woman anyway (or any of late wife's smug jesusy friends). It's a question of not wanting to pick a fight with hubby. It's funny, because I don't think he likes any of these people either, but for some reason feels compelled to put up with them.

Archived