IGNORED

Priscilla pregnant?

Dutch Cookie

I don't know about their area, but here if it isn't in a trash receptacle or a trash bag, the workers won't take it. So even if I had pumpkins at the end of my driveway near the trash cans, they wouldn't be considered trash. Asking would always be the safe and polite thing to do.

Where I live anything by your garbage can (no matter how big or small - I've seen some people toss out old king size mattresses this way) it gets picked up with the garbage (a second truck comes along for the non-canned garbage items). However, if people are driving around and want what they see they typically ask if they can grab it. Not always, but typically. I agree that asking is the safe and polite thing to do.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain this rule a bit more? Don't doctors say no hanky-panky for 6 weeks post-birth? Which means logically people should wait ~42 days no matter what? Apparently people don't wait 6 weeks (ouch)?

(So childless, sorry)

I've always been told to go by pain/after the bleeding has stopped. It can stop anywhere between 2-6 weeks after birth, IIRC. Depending on the delivery, you can be pretty pain free fairly quickly.

I had homebirths with my 3 youngest (attended by a CPM!) With my first homebirth, I felt fabulous! I went shopping on my own the following day to get new cute baby things since we didn't find out the gender beforehand. I also ended up with baby #3 eleven months to the day later....lol

It was always explained to me as a way to protect a woman who dared to give birth to a female. The extra time allowed her some time and space so hubby couldnt go at her right away trying to get an heir. I think it was assumed that, after the 40 days and production of a male child hubby may just want to get his rocks off, but not actively try and impregnate.

But hey, those were the words of a rabbi at the most reform temple EVER

That's so interesting to me. Gothard gives no explanation. Seriously, how to people but into his shit. He spends 20 min on how harmony and health in marriage all revive around not doing it on your period. He's such a old ass pervert.

Old Testament legalism from Leviticus 12:1-8.

Leviticus 12:1-8

King James Version (KJV)

12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:

7 Who shall offer it before the Lord, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.

8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean.

Book of Hellena and Curradong. Marijuana Version.

1. After the birthing of twin child one, the Mighty Curradong must insert his holy dong into the hallowed forty foot clitoral pulsation, deftly and with great placental rope help, in order that twin child two may be born.

2. Crochet offerings must be created.

Book of Hellena and Curradong. Marijuana Version.

1. After the birthing of twin child one, the Mighty Curradong must insert his holy dong into the hallowed forty foot clitoral pulsation, deftly and with great placental rope help, in order that twin child two may be born.

2. Crochet offerings must be created.

In this case, I think I prefer Gothard's version.

• 2 weeks later...
Sure does look like a baby bump to me. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if she is preggers.. Shouldn't she NOT be on a horse? (Back to hiding I go)

Well, this is also the girl who went ice skating 8 months pregnant. Makes horseback riding in early pregnancy seem like a safer option.

It was always explained to me as a way to protect a woman who dared to give birth to a female. The extra time allowed her some time and space so hubby couldnt go at her right away trying to get an heir. I think it was assumed that, after the 40 days and production of a male child hubby may just want to get his rocks off, but not actively try and impregnate.

But hey, those were the words of a rabbi at the most reform temple EVER

That is really interesting, I had never heard that before!

I think she is pregnant. There's a video on David's twitter of Paul learning to walk, and Priscilla still looks like she's got a baby bump. She seems pretty active, so I'd be more inclined to think pregnancy than random weight gain, but I guess we'll have to just wait and see if they confirm it in the next month or so. Maybe they're aiming for a Thanksgiving announcement.

In the comments of the recent post on them visiting Josh and Anna in D.C, someone asked if Priscilla was pregnant and David said that to their knowledge she wasn't.... so either he's lying or she really did just gain weight.

A friend of mine is pregnant. On the day she found out, someone asked her if she was, and she said, "Not that I know of!" So they could be lying, but I'm definitely less convinced now.

I guess it's possible that her periods have been irregular since giving birth, and she is actually 2-3 months pregnant and just hasn't realized it yet. But I always had this idea that a fundie would do a pregnancy test if their period is like a day late.

Where I live anything by your garbage can (no matter how big or small - I've seen some people toss out old king size mattresses this way) it gets picked up with the garbage (a second truck comes along for the non-canned garbage items). However, if people are driving around and want what they see they typically ask if they can grab it. Not always, but typically. I agree that asking is the safe and polite thing to do.

A few years ago when I was cleaning out my dad's house after his passing, I put a bunch of lightweight furniture out on the lawn with "free stuff" signs to make it clear that it was ok to take things, and STILL people knocked on the door to ask if it was REALLY free and ok to take. So yes, asking even when it seems obvious does seem like the courteous thing to do.

A few years ago when I was cleaning out my dad's house after his passing, I put a bunch of lightweight furniture out on the lawn with "free stuff" signs to make it clear that it was ok to take things, and STILL people knocked on the door to ask if it was REALLY free and ok to take. So yes, asking even when it seems obvious does seem like the courteous thing to do.

I live near Davilla, and around here (west burbs of chicago) if it is placed on the end of the driveway next to the cans on trash day it is kind of considered free for the taking. You actually see in some areas people driving around on garbage day looking for stuff to take. Not uncommon here.

ETA: It would be more annoying ( IMO ) for people to come to my door and ask if they could have whatever they were after, haha

Yeah, where I live if it's out by the curb where the trash goes, it's free for the taking. I think somebody would only come and ask if it looked really expensive or something.

I live near Davilla, and around here (west burbs of chicago) if it is placed on the end of the driveway next to the cans on trash day it is kind of considered free for the taking. You actually see in some areas people driving around on garbage day looking for stuff to take. Not uncommon here.

ETA: It would be more annoying ( IMO ) for people to come to my door and ask if they could have whatever they were after, haha

Actually, it was minorly annoying, yes -- I was working hard in the rest of the house and wasn't really interested in being interrupted or having to interact with folks. I also took many loads to the thrift store, and I thought giving big items away on the lawn would be a time-saver for me. I eventually learned to put the stuff out right before I left for the evening -- usually it would all be gone by the time I returned in the morning, phew!

My understanding is that sometimes it's not necessary to wait six weeks. Depends on each individual person, how fast they recover from birth, both physically and emotionally, and a lot of other factors. I can't really explain the 40/80 rule. I think it's tucked into Leviticus amongst all the rules about how to deal with people who have skin diseases, nocturnal emissions, having sex with your father's wife, and boiling a calf in the milk of its mother.

The vast majority of cultures around the world have historically had a period of roughly six weeks following childbirth where the mother not only abstained from sex but was given time and space to rest and recuperate and bond with the baby.

Generally it has been only in very harsh circumstances that women have had to return to any sort of work other than caring for the newborn soon after childbirth.

I don't have the sources because it was over 20 years ago, but I researched this in college.

I think it's one of those things that humans would learn pretty quickly: if a woman has sex or goes back to work too soon after giving birth, it's not good for the woman or the baby (and by extension, the community).

Archived