IGNORED

Priscilla pregnant?

Dutch Cookie

Re: videos from the DC post,

I don't know why Anna and Priscilla keep making these videos either. They never say anything new and it's so set up, not how two moms usually girl talk together

David trying to look manly riding the horse is amusing.

I liked how Priscilla wAs trying to have some fun when they were filming in front of the Capitol and David's annoyance at it is obvious and so sad. But what was she doing swinging the microphone back and forth? At least she showed some personality, which Davey obviously didn't like.

As for him mixing up the memorials, I do give him credit for reading the comment correcting him and not only making the change but acknowledging it was his mistake and thanking the poster. That would never happen with Steve Maxwell.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for him mixing up the memorials, I do give him credit for reading the comment correcting him and not only making the change but acknowledging it was his mistake and thanking the poster. That would never happen with Steve Maxwell.

Yep, spot-on there!

I really feel like Priscilla would have a nervous break down. I would rather Anna be knocked up (again) instead of Priscilla...

I don't think Priscilla will have a nervous breakdown. She seems as thoroughly indoctrinated as any fundie I've seen, and they want babies to help spread the Word and vote for their favorite politicians. If she gets stressed out she can read her bible, pray and listen to the Lord's response, or call one of her fellow helpmeets. I imagine she might be a bit anxious about her next delivery since Paul's sounded so difficult, but there are bible verses that can help.

It's hard to tell from the pictures whether she's pregnant but I suspect so. David was encouraging her to walk daily while she was pregnant with Paul so it seems he cares about her being in good shape - therefore, added weight is more likely to be another 'blessing'. Awaiting a blog entry with a wet pee stick.

I think the rule is actually 40 days after a boy and 80 after a girl.

DOH! Thank you! I thought it right and then wrote it wrong. :embarrassed:

Can someone explain to me why it's 80 days after a girl.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the "uncleanliness" of women/menstruation, but I have zero sources on that...

(edited to fix quotes)

I'm guessing it has something to do with the "uncleanliness" of women/menstruation, but I have zero sources on that...

(edited to fix quotes)

Not sure if this is true, but I read an article once that explained how there was a lot of ancient symbolism tied to blood and the power of potential life that menstruation indicates. The ceremonial periods of "uncleanness" were sort of a form of awe for that potential life. Because having a baby girl was in a sense doubling the potential of life (since presumably the girls would go on to menstruate and then have children one day), the ceremonial period for them was double the time for baby boys.

In the past I was always offended when I would read the word "unclean" as tied to women's natural bodies and childbirth in the Bible, but this was very intriguing. Like I said, not sure if it's true! Does anyone have more knowledge on this?

Can someone explain to me why it's 80 days after a girl.

Per the Advanced Siminar, session 12 it is due to the "extra hormones" following a female birth. Also, Gothard uses the reasoning for abstinence after birth that God doesn't want women to have one pregnancy right after another and that those are the most fertile times following the birth.

Per the Advanced Siminar, session 12 it is due to the "extra hormones" following a female birth. Also, Gothard uses the reasoning for abstinence after birth that God doesn't want women to have one pregnancy right after another and that those are the most fertile times following the birth.[/quote]

Oh, the irony in so many ways here, especially that the advice comes from Gothard, the king of fertility himself. Not.

Old Testament legalism from Leviticus 12:1-8.

Leviticus 12:1-8

King James Version (KJV)

12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

6 And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest:

7 Who shall offer it before the Lord, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is the law for her that hath born a male or a female.

8 And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt offering, and the other for a sin offering: and the priest shall make an atonement for her, and she shall be clean.

Most women experience an infertile period after they have a baby which can be quite prolonged if the mother practices "ecological" breastfeeding.

Come again?

Edited, because never mind, I should have kept reading.

Re: videos from the DC post,

I don't know why Anna and Priscilla keep making these videos either. They never say anything new and it's so set up, not how two moms usually girl talk together

David trying to look manly riding the horse is amusing.

I liked how Priscilla wAs trying to have some fun when they were filming in front of the Capitol and David's annoyance at it is obvious and so sad. But what was she doing swinging the microphone back and forth? At least she showed some personality, which Davey obviously didn't like.

I LOVE those few seconds of Priscilla messing about with the mic! It gives me hope that she has a personality, a sense of humour, and a normal voice that is not weird-baby-droney-whiney; moreover that she is not afraid to have those things in Davey's presence, or, better, she is oblivious to his irritation :twisted:

I don't know if she is or isn't, but we shouldn't be surprised if she is. She's got a family history of fertility, and David, despite his obvious gayness, would not dare not to conform to Gothard's expectations of him.

Maybe he's hoping that he can get her pregnant as quickly as possible, knock out 3 or 4 kids (only half a quiver, but probably enough to satisfy TPTB) in a short amount of time, and then get to lay off the sex, claiming that God's will is done. Kind of like eating your broccoli first before enjoying the good stuff. :)

Can someone explain this rule a bit more? Don't doctors say no hanky-panky for 6 weeks post-birth? Which means logically people should wait ~42 days no matter what? Apparently people don't wait 6 weeks (ouch)?

(So childless, sorry)

My understanding is that sometimes it's not necessary to wait six weeks. Depends on each individual person, how fast they recover from birth, both physically and emotionally, and a lot of other factors. I can't really explain the 40/80 rule. I think it's tucked into Leviticus amongst all the rules about how to deal with people who have skin diseases, nocturnal emissions, having sex with your father's wife, and boiling a calf in the milk of its mother.

the playing with the mic is really sweet. I also like how much more normal her voice sounds when she's filming Paul on her own! She seems to happy with him. I hope she doesn't have too many and get overwhelmed.

Thrifted the pumpkins? I doubt they asked whether they could take them... maybe those were decorations? I think *gleaned* would have been a more appropriate word there, Prissy...

My understanding is that sometimes it's not necessary to wait six weeks. Depends on each individual person, how fast they recover from birth, both physically and emotionally, and a lot of other factors. I can't really explain the 40/80 rule. I think it's tucked into Leviticus amongst all the rules about how to deal with people who have skin diseases, nocturnal emissions, having sex with your father's wife, and boiling a calf in the milk of its mother.

It was always explained to me as a way to protect a woman who dared to give birth to a female. The extra time allowed her some time and space so hubby couldnt go at her right away trying to get an heir. I think it was assumed that, after the 40 days and production of a male child hubby may just want to get his rocks off, but not actively try and impregnate.

But hey, those were the words of a rabbi at the most reform temple EVER

the playing with the mic is really sweet. I also like how much more normal her voice sounds when she's filming Paul on her own! She seems to happy with him. I hope she doesn't have too many and get overwhelmed.

Thrifted the pumpkins? I doubt they asked whether they could take them... maybe those were decorations? I think *gleaned* would have been a more appropriate word there, Prissy...

They were out with the garbage can and it was after Halloween. I'd have taken them too.

They were out with the garbage can and it was after Halloween. I'd have taken them too.

out with the bins, fair enough (although that might just be a shitty attempt at snazzing them up, those pumpkins look great! unlike mine, which could have walked itself outta here), but after Halloween? maybe that other family was decorating for Fall, too! I guess I'd have just liked her to ask, that's all.

I don't know about their area, but here if it isn't in a trash receptacle or a trash bag, the workers won't take it. So even if I had pumpkins at the end of my driveway near the trash cans, they wouldn't be considered trash. Asking would always be the safe and polite thing to do.

Archived