IGNORED

Cleve and Lise?

ladypuglover

The caption to the last picture of the two of them together is practically an announcement itself.

"And I shall end with one of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks.

*merriment and laughing* (More on this later)"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The caption to the last picture of the two of them together is practically an announcement itself.

"And I shall end with one of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks.

*merriment and laughing* (More on this later)"

I feel like that could be a birthday and courtship announcement dinner. Those Mortons have so many kids I doubt they have a giant shindig like that whenever one of them turns a year older... I think something's comin' /sigh Cleve is so dreamy too.

I feel like that could be a birthday and courtship announcement dinner. Those Mortons have so many kids I doubt they have a giant shindig like that whenever one of them turns a year older... I think something's comin' /sigh Cleve is so dreamy too.

Son of a bitch. :cry: Oh, and I wonder if maybe they're actually taking their time and not doing a courtship/engagement/betrothal within a few weeks like Darthy because Lise's sister Prentiss just got engaged and according to some wedding site (weddingchannel.com maybe?) they are getting married early Dec. So I can't see Cleve and Lise stealing her sister's thunder and having a wedding earlier than her already engaged sister. But who knows. These fundies always seem to surprise me.

Going to go cry myself to sleep now. ;)

Well shucks, my favorite fundie is off the market (oh yeah, so am I as a wife of 15 years now:)). I have hope for them being a little less fundie. I was snooping around on FB and she has a newly married brother who has a few public photos which make him out to seem quite normal. Maybe her upbringing wasn't so isolated and strict. One can always hope.

Lucky lucky woman :( Waking up to his face and his eyes every day...

I too think she is attractive in those pics - and even if she wasn't, she is what he wants.

OMG, just thought: Cleve wedding pics!!!! He will look dashing.

(anyone else think Cleve could be like Angel Clare from Tess of the D'Urbervilles? If we were all working on their farm, all us girls would be in love with him.)

Guest Anonymous

I too think she is attractive in those pics - and even if she wasn't, she is what he wants.

(anyone else think Cleve could be like Angel Clare from Tess of the D'Urbervilles? If we were all working on their farm, all us girls would be in love with him.)

:lol: Because Angel Clare was such a nicely behaved guy and Tess had such a happy ending...

Lucky? Really? To marry into that kind of life? Just because she got a decent looking fundie man, he's still fundie and he's still a Morton and her life is stil going to be all about cranking out the babies, cleaning the house, schooling the kids and praising her husband like a god. Sure, he's not Peter Bradrick and isn't hard on the eyes, but they believe the same things and their women/wives will live the same lives.

LOL her name is Lise Marie.

Wow... what is UP with these people and the totally public proposals? The WHOLE fam is there documenting the entire thing, it's like nothing is sacred and private to the engaged couple. I remember Grace (?) beating herself up over missing the actual moment Noah proposed, but it looks like half of Georgia was there for this one...

I feel bad for Addie, actually, in the same manner I feel bad for the older Duggar girls. I don't want to doom them to a life of submission, but getting married and having babies is all they've been conditioned to want - so then when their older sibling gets married, and then THEY pass that age and don't have someone lined up, oh, that's got to sting. Darthy's only a year older than Addie and then Martha's just a year younger... all that competition. Such a crappy existence.

All those Morton and Sander girls are cute and around the same age. Boys of that age group are going to have a lot of attractive helpmeets to choose from. Do we even know of any boys in their circles? I cannot there are any 19-21year olds already able to support a family. Only Noah because he lives in that tiny house(partial garage?) on his parents farm.

There are two "likeminded" (vomit) and age-appropriate boys in the Roberts family, who hangs out with the Sanders frequently: pascolife.blogspot.com/ However, one sort of strange comment on the R's site makes me wonder if they're somehow distantly related to the Sanders (Bekah said that a picture of one of the youngest R girls reminded her of how she looked at that age). However, the Sanders frequently refer to the family ties when they hang out with their cousins, sooo.... And the R boys, I think, went on a snowboarding trip with Cleve and Andrew Morton and a few other guys about a year or so ago, so, there's a few more boys... but they sure seem sparse compared to the number of girls "of marriageable age" in their community. On the other hand, that may just be because the blogs are mostly from the perspective of these girls. We never saw the "male" side of that fashion retreat, for example, so we don't know who attended (and that's a weird thing about the R's blog; there's a post titled something like "the boy's side" and the comments seem to reflect that, but the post NOW is more of the girls fashion week stuff).

Oh, Hunter is Lise's brother and is only 17, but still older than, say, Grace.

EDIT: I have wondered a bit about something between Abbi S and Willie R. Look at the most recent S post, for example.

Heh. I was going to suggest the Roberts family, but I just learned of their existence the other day, so I don't know much about them. It does appear that the oldest boys are late teens/early 20s, so there could be something there (assuming the two families aren't actually related).

PBrooke, I didn't see evidence of a "special relationship" between Abbi and a Roberts guy... are you referring to a specific picture?

No, nothing specific - just interesting that Willie is usually mentioned by name in a Roberts post (like the not-particularly-interesting pic of him and Grace in the kitchen). And Abbi tends to be the one writing the blog posts. I've also noticed that everyone seems to think Willie is hilarious - and Abbi has been stepping up the humor lately. Probably totally coincidental, but these fundies keep everything so close to the vest it makes me feel like I have to look for what isn't mentioned, you know?

I have 3 bets for future courtship pairings.

Abbi Sanders/Willie Roberts

Grace Sanders/Andrew Morton

Just a guess, not as sure but maybe the oldest Roberts boy (listed as Edgar) and either Addie Morton or Christiana Kendall.

That leaves three coming up in age of the girls with no obvious match in their group:

Martha Morton

Bekah Sanders

Marty Roberts

Does anyone know anything about the Campana family? I see the name on a lot of posts but can't pick out any of them to know the whole family. Do they have a blog?

ETA: I think it was Prentiss who just got engaged.

The Campanas live in northern FL. I used to think they were related to the Smiths, but now I think they just might be friends. Their kids skew to the younger side (they're the "Italians" mentioned on the R's blog). I find them particularly hard to read because every other post is bringing the kids to an abortion protest.

The Campanas live in northern FL. I used to think they were related to the Smiths, but now I think they just might be friends. Their kids skew to the younger side (they're the "Italians" mentioned on the R's blog). I find them particularly hard to read because every other post is bringing the kids to an abortion protest.

Oy, I found it and their blog is painful. I did get far enough to figure out that the oldest is an 18 year old boy named Nick that would match one of the 17-19 girls. That'd also have to include Norma and Daisy Roberts if he doesn't marry right away.

Something about the pic of Cleve and Lise waving to the people below reminds me strangely of Prince William and Kate. I doubt the tiny similarity was lost on Addie.

I'm just now reading this thread. Looking at the Kendall family's blog (or the "about us" section, which is the only section open to the public), I saw how the Kendall sons were doctors and pilots, and the daughters were.....here at home.

Just another fundy family as far as I can see. I don't know that Cleve is any different than any of them except better looking. Too bad.

I do sometimes wonder what will happen to the blogs if/when Addie and Abbi get married (probably not to each other ;) although that would be the most photographed wedding EVER). Will Martha and/or Bekah/Grace be expected to step in? What about when there's no longer a girl child? Their blogs seem somehow inherently feminine to me, I can't really see a brother stepping in.

Grace has been "helping out" and "adding captions" for the last several months. Maybe they're getting her ready just in case... with how fast these families move I think we would've heard if Abbi had a courtship going by now.

Archived