IGNORED

Cleve and Lise?

ladypuglover

I have 3 bets for future courtship pairings.

Abbi Sanders/Willie Roberts

Grace Sanders/Andrew Morton

Just a guess, not as sure but maybe the oldest Roberts boy (listed as Edgar) and either Addie Morton or Christiana Kendall.

That leaves three coming up in age of the girls with no obvious match in their group:

Martha Morton

Bekah Sanders

Marty Roberts

Does anyone know anything about the Campana family? I see the name on a lot of posts but can't pick out any of them to know the whole family. Do they have a blog?

ETA: I think it was Prentiss who just got engaged.

There is something very immature about the Sander's girls that makes me think they are far away from courting. Maybe it's all of their goofy pictures, etc. but they strike me as your typical teenage girls whereas Martha and Adeline seem more mature. I can see the Morton girls courting before the Sander's. Who knows though. Somehow I (sadly) think the parents of these children are less concerned about their emotional readiness as they should be. They just want them married off and the sooner the better.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something very immature about the Sander's girls that makes me think they are far away from courting. Maybe it's all of their goofy pictures, etc. but they strike me as your typical teenage girls whereas Martha and Adeline seem more mature. I can see the Morton girls courting before the Sander's. Who knows though. Somehow I (sadly) think the parents of these children are less concerned about their emotional readiness as they should be. They just want them married off and the sooner the better.

I think Abbi seems a bit more mature, and I could see her being married off soon. The Sanders are more outgoing, more silly but they still do a lot of the farm chores and sewing which are the main requirements from what I gather. I've seen old blog posts and they were more frumper/Morton-esque at one point so I wouldn't be surprised if they think Abbi learned enough to manage a house. Grace and Bekah have a long way to go, maturity wise and not as many prospects. And I think Grace is only 15-16 so she has 5 or more years to get ready.

Archived