IGNORED

Cleve and Lise?

ladypuglover

That picture of Lise w/ her sister's at the Tea Party event/protest/waste of time it appears she is wearing the same outfit she wore to the Keen wedding. Ugh. This girl is so dull looking/acting. Even her wardrobe is extra blah. What in the world does hot Cleve see in her? I guess she'll make the perfect fundie wife but I expected more of him. :(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleve's sister is hinting, in her post about Darthy's baby, that there's big news to come:

mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

• 3 weeks later...

The Morton blog has been updated, but no word on any "special relationship" between Cleve and Lise, though the Mortons stayed with Lise's family sometime in July. Guess we'll just have to wait...

The Morton blog has been updated, but no word on any "special relationship" between Cleve and Lise, though the Mortons stayed with Lise's family sometime in July. Guess we'll just have to wait...

Who is the picture of the courting couple in the new post? do you know?

You ever try finding an exciting,colorful fundy girl? exactly.I think it is trained out of them as embryos.

I am telling you, my 23 year old fundie niece would be adorable for Cleve. She is the "one to go rogue" if any of them do, and she wears stylish/modest clothes(like she shops at the mall and buys maxi dresses(worn with t-shirt) and Aeropostole). I doubt they have met at fundie conventions, but my sisters family has done shows in the GA./NC.SC area so you never know.

Who is the picture of the courting couple in the new post? do you know?

No, I have no idea. One of Lise's sisters and some guy I've never seen before.

I think we glossed over the real story here. The picture of the Confederate flag that is captioned, "Beautiful, beautiful flag." So can we like, be done with the Mortons? Or at least done with pretending they are somehow less vile than all the other fundie families that we discuss?

29bn71t.png

I think we glossed over the real story here. The picture of the Confederate flag that is captioned, "Beautiful, beautiful flag." So can we like, be done with the Mortons? Or at least done with pretending they are somehow less vile than all the other fundie families that we discuss?

29bn71t.png

But, but... I don't want them to be racist assholes. I want them to be nice people, dangit! And maybe they are 'nice', but that flag says a lot right there, and nice isn't it.

Oh, dear! :shock: The Confederate flag was posted as a "Beautiful, beautiful flag..." I feel ill knowing they admire such an ugly, abusive, horrific part of American history. :cry: I just want to tell them how wrong it is but they would never listen to such a pants wearing heathen like me. :cry:

As abhorrent as I find it...am I the only one not surprised? These people, as pretty as the pictures are, obviously romanticize the 1800's south in a big way. I can imagine they'd love anything that appeared to stick it to "Godless Yankee Libreal Heathens" if they're anything like my stepmother's family.

The engaged couple looks like Prentiss and ?. Cleve is seen driving Lise's convertible though, maybe they're not engaged, just courting. The Mortons' seem to hold off announcing until the engagement/betrothal so it may take awhile to hear anything.

Crap, the Mortons/Sanders are my favorite fundie family(ies), I hate to think they love the dixie flag. I will have to hate them now. Could it be they love it because they are southern and in their sheltered homeschool world think its just a southern flag? LL has an African baby how can they be racist when they seem to love the baby and must realize it would be a slap in her face to accept it as "beautiful"? Could someone from the south explain it to us? Those of us in the North who see a Dixie flag think you are a racist pig if you have one.

I will admit I almost uhem.....keyed a truck(ALMOST, I DIDN"T DO IT although I wanted to really, really badly) because they rode around with a Dixie flag on the back and parked within walking distance toi my house. Dicie flags are not acceptable around here. I was going to "have words" with the guy driving the Dixie truck and my kids were too worried he would somehow hurt me so I didn't for their sake. They know exactly how I feel about that flag and I cannot accept racists who find it acceptable.

I think what people who say they aren't racist but love the confederate flag would say is that it represents a "simpler time" and a general love of the South and a freedom from Northern "oppression". What I say is -- even if you aren't actually a racist, it's incredibly thoughtless and insensative. It's like using a swastika and saying, "Well it's original meaning was good luck!" Sure it was. But that's not what it symbolizes anymore and you know it. So fuck you.

I think what people who say they aren't racist but love the confederate flag would say is that it represents a "simpler time" and a general love of the South and a freedom from Northern "oppression". What I say is -- even if you aren't actually a racist, it's incredibly thoughtless and insensative. It's like using a swastika and saying, "Well it's original meaning was good luck!" Sure it was. But that's not what it symbolizes anymore and you know it. So fuck you.

Exactly what I was trying to say. I doubt they mean it in a "let's restart slavery" way. But ignorance and privileged don't excuse the fact that the Dixie flag has a much bigger meaning than Southern pride.

That, and if you go back a few years you'll find pictures of them doing paramilitary activities. Assault rifles and the whole bit.

After that really bigoted comment that Kristina left of on someone's blog, joking about killing Muslims, I decided no more pet fundies for me. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the jobs of the wimmen folks is to keep the sheets ironed and the torches primed.

But, but... I don't want them to be racist assholes. I want them to be nice people, dangit! And maybe they are 'nice', but that flag says a lot right there, and nice isn't it.

I don't see a lot, actually, that's really very nice about these people.

At least some of them (the vitafamiliae branch of s'mortons) also follow Pearl-like teachings of child-beating-training. .

In my drunken stupor, I may have to go post on their blog about that flag.I cannot take that they posted it as beautiful when their niece is from Africa. I don't want them reading my blog though, so trying to do it anon.....

I think that they are very good at the pleasant facade - you know, pictures of the girls laughing and hugging and running around in fields, pictures of the men folk doing salt of the earth type stuff and field work and holding chubby babies, cute nicknames, pleasant smiles, at least the sense that they love each other, winsome pictures in sepia tones. Then you look at who they are friends with or related to. Then you look at the pictures that show an uglier side -- like the confederate flag and other ones people have caught. Then you look at the fact that those young women still live in patriarchy. Then you look at how everything is too sweet and simpering and the fact they call their father "Daddy" and describe everything as "sweet" and "dear".

Shudder.

I think that they are very good at the pleasant facade - you know, pictures of the girls laughing and hugging and running around in fields, pictures of the men folk doing salt of the earth type stuff and field work and holding chubby babies, cute nicknames, pleasant smiles, at least the sense that they love each other, winsome pictures in sepia tones. Then you look at who they are friends with or related to. Then you look at the pictures that show an uglier side -- like the confederate flag and other ones people have caught. Then you look at the fact that those young women still live in patriarchy. Then you look at how everything is too sweet and simpering and the fact they call their father "Daddy" and describe everything as "sweet" and "dear".

Shudder.

My sisters and I called our father daddy to the day he died and we still refer to him as daddy. My late mother and her sister did/do the same thing. It's a southern thing, not a patriarchy thing. Like asking about someone's mama and them... the them means daddy and the rest of the family.

Well, I did it. I told them they should know better and that most people consider the confederate flag as racist. I said that post was a slap in the face to LL and her daughter.

It has to be approved first, I DOUBT it will be approved.At least I told them.

Well, I did it. I told them they should know better and that most people consider the confederate flag as racist. I said that post was a slap in the face to LL and her daughter.

It has to be approved first, I DOUBT it will be approved.At least I told them.

LL is only related to them through marriage, but I agree. M isn't the only minority adopted into their madness.

confederate flag + child "training" + SAHDs + the Church of Daddy Said so = total ugly

I really think people like the Morton kids, even the adult ones, are so sheltered that they're mostly ignorant of the Confederate flag's negative connotations. Far as I know, they've never attended real school, and they spend all their time with other fundies, and mostly Southern fundies at that. I doubt they look at the flag and think that things were better in the time of slavery. They're just incredibly provincial. I'm not going to say they're not racist, as they very well could be, but their response to the flag is more likely an expression of Southern jingoism than anything else.

Archived