IGNORED

I wonder if the Maxwells will attend Erins wedding...

Justme

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how can they afford such a large wedding? next up they have to pay for zach and alyssa's too

It could be a cake and coffee/punch reception, with no food. I have no idea how you would figure out how to feed upwards of 1600 people with no RSVP. And I just got married-unless they are having a reception in the church basement or their house, venues that would hold that many people are crazy expensive AND at (on the low end) $14-20 a plate.

how can they afford such a large wedding? next up they have to pay for zach and alyssa's too

Typically, it is the bride that pays for a wedding. I am sure Zach may help, but I think the parents and Whitney will be paying for majority of everything else.

Steve will not let the Maxwell clan attend.

However, he will send a wedding gift, and expect it to be used -- a big banner about DEATH!

C'mon guys, it's a fundie/quiverfull wedding! 800 invitations is only about 20 families!

Also, a few fans will be in attendance as well.

800 people.... wow.

Why no RSVP? Aren't they worried there won't be enough food or seats?

My brother married a pastor's daughter. She had to invite the entire congregation. Perhaps they need to invite two congregations full of people?

Mind you, they served food, so they asked for RSVPs. They had dancing and drinking, which scared off most of the church members right after dinner.

Maybe TLC is paying for it??

If TLC is filming it and there is a bakery name on the cake box or a shot of the bakery, then the cake will be comped. Punch and coffee even for 800 people can't run them all that much comparatively speaking.

My brother married a pastor's daughter. She had to invite the entire congregation. Perhaps they need to invite two congregations full of people?

Mind you, they served food, so they asked for RSVPs. They had dancing and drinking, which scared off most of the church members right after dinner.

Maybe TLC is paying for it??

In these circles, people usually pitch in. Like, hey I will make x amount of chicken salad or make meatballs. Something to that affect.

800!?! Now, does 800 invitations actually mean 800 invitations (ie: the Duggar family gets one invitation) or does that mean 800 people. Either way, that wedding is going to enormous.

Good thing there's no open bar!!!

Good thing there's no open bar!!!

Ah, but will there be Pepsi? If there's Pepsi, Teri Maxwell won't be allowed to attend. Can't have her exposed to her vice. Then again, maybe Stevie would see it as an ultimate test. Can she resist...

It could be a cake and coffee/punch reception, with no food. I have no idea how you would figure out how to feed upwards of 1600 people with no RSVP. And I just got married-unless they are having a reception in the church basement or their house, venues that would hold that many people are crazy expensive AND at (on the low end) $14-20 a plate.

It will be like the parable in the Bible with the fishes and loaves. The cake and punch will multiply and there will be enough for everyone to take home a doggie bag and the Bates will be eating cake for weeks. Blessed be the Bates. Praise Jesus!

Steve will not let the Maxwell clan attend.

However, he will send a wedding gift, and expect it to be used -- a big banner about DEATH!

And maybe some informative books.

I am so hoping they livestream this thing but I am not seeing anything that shows that they are planning to. I would actually like to see it as it's happening sans all the Duggar nonsense thrown in if it gets to be shown on TLC later on.

And I really want to see what she does with her hair for this occasion. More then the dress.

Probably like the lady on the left here.

richeyhair.jpg

richeyhair.jpg

Sadly, Erin probably will choose something close to that. I don't get that girl and her fashion sense

It says 'light reception' so I assume cake and punch only. But still. That's a LOT of cake/cupcakes/cookies or whatever.

richeyhair.jpg

Those women look like they are in the FLDS.

richeyhair.jpg

Hilarious! I wouldn't be surprised if she did something like that. She's an attractive girl but I always find the way she does her hair rather....interesting between the high poufiness at the top and the really tight curls on the ends. She actually looks better without either.

I can see her piling her hair up rather high but maybe she will surprise with either keeping it to her normal style or she will do something different entirely that might look flattering and elegant.

They probably didn't have RSVPs because they planned the wedding so quickly. It's three months, and it probably took awhile to get the invitations out.

I wonder if inviting 800 people is their way of taking advantage of TLC paying for the reception. They get all those gifts and someone else pays for the party. A week later they will thank God for providing for the young couple on their blog. Plus I would think that TLC is providing some kind of monetary compensation to at least the bride and groom.

If the Maxwell's are smart, they would go and let their kids practice their conversational skills on their own with other people-- this is like a super fundie networking event, and is the Maxwell's best choice of a courtship spark. Assuming of course, Steve wants a courtship.

The Maxhell singers could sing "Trust eeeeeeennnnnnnn obey!" and then pray that all the guests would get their fill of cake and punch like the fishes and loaves story in the Bible. But, the Maxhells wouldn't have cake and punch. They'd each get two animal crackers and a Dixie Cup of tap water. Because cake and punch are fun and we all know there is NO FUN in Maxhelllandia. Because Stevieous, Lord and Master of the leather La-z-Boy recliner, doesn't allow FUN!

The Maxhell singers could sing "Trust eeeeeeennnnnnnn obey!" and then pray that all the guests would get their fill of cake and punch like the fishes and loaves story in the Bible. But, the Maxhells wouldn't have cake and punch. They'd each get two animal crackers and a Dixie Cup of tap water. Because cake and punch are fun and we all know there is NO FUN in Maxhelllandia. Because Stevieous, Lord and Master of the leather La-z-Boy recliner, doesn't allow FUN!

Great post, divadivine! Did you realize that it was your 666th post? Congrats!

edited for minor riffle

Ten more days. I can't wait for the fundie wedding of the year!

It just dawned on me. That's my wedding date. In other news: I am not even counting down and didn;t actually reslise it was only ten days away!

It just dawned on me. That's my wedding date. In other news: I am not even counting down and didn;t actually reslise it was only ten days away!

Well flojo, I can guarantee that you will have more fun wedding that Erin's.

Archived